Ratings for Dr. Francine A. Manuel

I am disabled and on Medicare. Dr. Manuel has been my doctor for over 15 years-. I was dumbfounded when the receptionist who makes appointments told me I would have to see another doctor, because my secondary insurance was changing to Medicaid, and she will not accept Medicaid even from well-established patients. I had to drop my other secondary because I cannot no longer afford the premiums.

flag | Submitted September 2, 2016

Dr. Manuel has been my family physician for about 20 years. My mother, brother, and kids are all her patients. She's got a great bedside manner, she's a good listener, and is very thorough. She presents me with the treatment options, and will give me her opinion, but she's not pushy. Finally, she never rushes our appointments. I always feel like I've gotten more than my fair share of her time at every visit. The office wait time is usually reasonable.

flag | Submitted July 14, 2012

Excellent bedside manner. Really listens to her patients. Looks beyond the obvious to try and figure out what's wrong. I explained to her that a lot of specialists in the past had dismissed my symptoms and did not run specific lab tests or show any interest in trying to figure out what was wrong with me. She really listened to me and ran some specific tests as a starting point to determine what might be wrong. When the lab tests came back abnormal, she referred me to the proper specialists for further and more specific study of my conditions. Because of some bad experiences with doctors in the past who missed some very serious medical conditions I had, I've had trouble trusting doctors in general. However, I trusted Dr. Manuel from the very first visit. I could tell right away she really cares about her patients and is willing to put in the extra effort to figure out what's wrong with them. When it is something she is unable to treat, she refers them to the proper specialist.

flag | Submitted December 29, 2011

Dr. Manuel is knowledgeable, compassionate and patient. She LISTENS to my concerns and answers any questions I may have. In my opinion, she is one of the best family doctors in the Lafayette area. I trust her.

flag | Submitted March 24, 2011

Dr. Manuel has been my G.P. for twenty years at least. She is knowledgeable and treats me as an intelligent person capable of understanding what she's talking about. She is straightforward and professional. I regularly recommend her to friends and family looking for a doctor. There are very good reasons she has remained my doctor for so many years. She is an excellent physician.

flag | Submitted January 2, 2011

i have a very rare genetic problems and i find her not to be very helpful at all she has given me med for something i did not have could have caused me more harm than good, i would not advise anyone to use this doctor

flag | Submitted February 28, 2009

If not for this woman, DR. , I would be dead and gone ! In my opinion she is the best. MaryAnn

flag | Submitted December 16, 2008

I have been using Dr. Manuel as my family physician for over 10 years. Excellent service by her front office, nursing staff and Dr. Manuel.

flag | Submitted May 23, 2007

Very kind, considerate, and helpful. Also very professional. Prescribed the right medicines. I would recommend her to anyone.

flag | Submitted November 5, 2006

Dr. Francine A. Manuel's Credentials

• Louisiana State University School Of Medicine In New Orleans (Grad. 1985)