Ratings for Dr. Jasbir Dhawan

I've been a patient for years and I thought it was okay but throug the years I never liked: the incompetence and rudeness of staff, never answers the phone, not real follow ups, dr Dhawan and husband being rude with staff, she doesn't care if patient is listening, Patient potal is your only friend in the office since you don't get contact with the dr after the visit if you have concerns good luck! . Also the dr seems rushed during the appointment doesn't really cares about your concerns everything is normal Ive been telling her all this time that I don't feel really good and she says that I need more sleep and physical activities but not a real checkup or at least more questions related to my symthoms. I've missed my appoinment recently because I want to find another doctor, I was just going to her because she was so closed to my house.

flag | Submitted August 24, 2015

I like Dr. Dahwan, but her staff is extremely unprofessional and treat patients very rude. I was a patient since 2012, they can't get me in and won't help me with my RX until they can get me in. The staff yells at patience on phone and do not speak proper English.

flag | Submitted August 21, 2015

flag | Submitted July 3, 2015

Worst doctor I've ever dealt with, bar NONE. She charged me when I requested my health records when I decided to see another doctor. Her bedside manner is horrid. She barely even looked up at me when she was just checking off all the questions and writing on her device. She also told me that I wouldn't be able to have any more kids after my radioactive iodine treatment, without any emotion or preparation, and then just walked out when I broke down in tears. Apparently her husband runs the office and he is just a straight up a-hole. Fortunately, I DID have another kid, but Jasbir will never see her!

flag | Submitted June 23, 2015

Rude to patients and nurses ! I was in a room waiting for her then I hear her yell at one of her nurses because she didnt know how to pull up something on the computer. Poor girl is the first time I see her there I don't think she's been there for long. Shouldn't be rude to your employees! So unprofessional

flag | Submitted June 10, 2015

flag | Submitted June 5, 2015

She has the knowledge but lacks follow through. Her staff is incompetent.

flag | Submitted April 16, 2015

The medical assistant did not understand the name of the procedures . Doctor was very rude with assistants, in front of the patient. She was quite impatient while listening to me and continuously interrupting my talk, while giving completely unrelated instructions to her assistants. I am not sure, if she heard me at all. the only time I was convinced was when she gave me a diagnosis. She said my lab results will be send to me via patient portal. I never got a call or patient portal till I contacted the office to speak to the doctor. I particularly asked to speak to the doctor, but never got a call from her. Assistants and office staff called and were giving lame excuses for not informing about the results. Very unhappy with the whole experience. Will not recommend!

flag | Submitted March 31, 2015

Absolutely the most unprofessionalism I have ever encountered. And her husband the office manager needs to be trained in billing. She could not diagnose head cold, very dangerous to see a Dr. Who cant treat patients with visible symptoms. Dangerous, playing with peoples lives.

flag | Submitted February 28, 2015

I do not recommend this doctor to anyone in every aspect. Doctor Dhawan never goes an "extra mile" to reach to her patients. Never calls back when it needed. The appointments are setup in such a way that you see the doctor on the same day of the blood work and really nothing to discuss during the appointment. However when the results from the blood work come back, the doctor only places a message on the portal for the patient to reach - no follow-ups, no additional phone calls, nothing. You have questions? – then this is your problem now to get hold of the doctor … and "good luck" on that. : ) I had to setup an additional appointment, literally back to back, to see her again, and to discuss my results. For working mom, to ask extra time off work - is not as easy as for someone who is at home. Besides, I had to pay for the additional appointment, which could have been avoided, if she would at least pretended that she cares about her patients, and not only the money. Even this is possible … doctor does not suggest to a patient to have the blood work done maybe a week ahead of the scheduled appointment, so that patient and the doctor could actually discuss in person the results. If you run-out of medications and need the doctor to send a refill, - you cannot get hold of the doctor or anyone in the office - at this time you can only talk to the answering machine. Dr. Jasbir Dhawan is always late in the morning! This is irritating – as a patient, you come a few minutes earlier than your scheduled time, then you sit and wait for another 30 minutes until she shows up, rushing through. The front desk is extremely unprofessional. High employee turnover. Every time I visit the office, every time new people (teenage girls) on the front desk. Personnel at the front desk has no idea what customer service attitude is, they make mistakes all the time. They cannot handle the simple "walk-in" blood work appointments, and people are just sitting there for very long time without knowing who came first, who should go next, "smart" and "connected" once could easily cut in front of you, etc. Recently the office moved to a new location, and the doctor could not properly notify her patients about the relocation of the office. Looks like doctor’s husband is some computer man, who runs around in the office and tries to help the front desk girls to get their ducks in order, setting up printers, monitors, running wires, etc. Speaking about the IT side of the doctor’s office - extremely inconvenient and poor communication through the portal - now you have to remember another set of user id and password. The entire environment is a huge mess, organizational wise, but most important is the doctor – WORST in the health industry that I have ever seen. Just AWFUL! I do not recommend Dr. Jasbir Dhawan to anyone. There are many others in the same area with much more knowledge and professionalism.

flag | Submitted February 6, 2015

Dr. Jasbir Dhawan's Credentials

• Lady Hardinge Med Coll, Univ Of Delhi, New Delhi, Delhi, India (Grad. 1987)

Veterans Administration

Updates

• A new 1.5-star rating has been posted. "I've been a patient for years and I thought it was okay but throug the years I never liked: the incompetence and rudeness of staff, never answers the phone, n..."

August 24, 2015
  • A new 1.5-star rating has been posted. "I like Dr. Dahwan, but her staff is extremely unprofessional and treat patients very rude. I was a patient since 2012, they can't get me in and won't help me w..."

August 21, 2015
  • A new 1-star rating has been posted. "She and her nurse are Very rude. She is unavailable after hours in case of emergencies. "

July 3, 2015
  • A new 1-star rating has been posted. "Worst doctor I've ever dealt with, bar NONE. She charged me when I requested my health records when I decided to see another doctor. Her bedside manner is horri..."

June 23, 2015
  • A new 1-star rating has been posted. "Rude to patients and nurses ! I was in a room waiting for her then I hear her yell at one of her nurses because she didnt know how to pull up something on the c..."

June 10, 2015
  • A new 1.5-star rating has been posted. "Run a fast as you can... very unprofessional. Dresses inappropriately. Long wait for just a few minutes of consulting. "

June 5, 2015
  • A new 1.5-star rating has been posted. "She has the knowledge but lacks follow through. Her staff is incompetent."

April 16, 2015
  • A new 1.8-star rating has been posted. "The medical assistant did not understand the name of the procedures . Doctor was very rude with assistants, in front of the patient. She was quite impatient wh..."

March 31, 2015
  • A new 1.2-star rating has been posted. "Absolutely the most unprofessionalism I have ever encountered. And her husband the office manager needs to be trained in billing. She could not diagnose head c..."

February 28, 2015
  • A new 1-star rating has been posted. "I do not recommend this doctor to anyone in every aspect. Doctor Dhawan never goes an "extra mile" to reach to her patients. Never calls back when it needed. Th..."

February 6, 2015
  • A new 2.8-star rating has been posted. "She gave me a prescription for apidra and lantus and she gave me samples before I got the prescriptions filled. When I finally go to get the prescriptions the i..."

February 6, 2015
  • A new 3.5-star rating has been posted. "My experienece has been hit or miss, her staff turns often and are so so. She feels rushed all the time, but I do think she cares about my health."

February 4, 2015
  • A new 3.2-star rating has been posted. "Dr Dhawan is never on time. I've often being waiting over 45 minutes in the exam room."

December 23, 2014
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Very knowledgable. Best diabetes doc I have seen. No PAs, all appointments with your doctor. Pretty novel concept now a days. I moved to Dallas and work in Arli..."

December 7, 2014
  • A new 4.8-star rating has been posted. "Dr. Dhawan was extremely professional and was genuinely concerned abouty health. I was truly impressed with her and have no doubts about recommending her to an..."

October 28, 2014
  • A new 4.8-star rating has been posted. "I don't know what all the fuss is about. Being 20 years in the military I have had my share of Dr. Jeckel's and Mr. Hyde's. She is not only great, but really fr..."

September 12, 2014
  • 'birds of a feather' score (based on <a href='/birdsofafeather.jsp?did=33537'>Medicare patients-in-common</a>): 2.7

February 5, 2014