Ratings for Dr. Janis E. Eiler

I don't understand the comments here...I was with Dr Eiler for about 23 years until she retired and I absolutely LOVED her.....she was always very sweet and kind......my whole family went to her and she knew us...asked how the kids were etc.......was always always good about returning an after hours call......would prescribe meds without seeing me if I had another ear infection etc without forcing me to make an appointment.......I found her to be a wonderful, caring doctor and person......I cried when she retired.....she is so very very missed by me and my family.....enjoy your retirement Doc Eiler.....you were the very best and I miss you terribly

flag | Submitted August 15, 2017

Dr. Eiler seems like a nice enough person, but as for her bedside manner, I always left wondering why I don't change doctors. Rarely being sick, convenience made me stay. She would treat me, but I often felt I needed to self-diagnose and then she would agree. I'm sure it wasn't that simple, but it felt like it! She is very low energy, not particularly engaging and does not exude confidence to her patients. I've since moved on and just heard that she retired.

flag | Submitted August 2, 2016

IF YOU NEED SOMETHING QUICK THIS IS NOT THE DOCTOR TO PROVIDE IT! SHE NOR HER STAFF ACCEPTS RESPONSIBLITIES FOR THEIR ERRORS! SHE SENT ORDERS TO MY MAIL ORDER PHARMACY FOR MEDS I NEEDED RIGHT AWAY. BY THE TIME THE MEDS ARRIVED I WAS OVER SAID SICKNESS. FURTHER, BECAUSE I WAS NOT NOTIFIED THAT THE MEDS HAD BEEN SENT TO MY MAIL ORDER PHARMACY I WAS CHARGED $90 AND SHE REFUSED TO BE RESPONSIBLE FOR THESE RIDICULOUS CHARGES! CONSIDER ME DONE W/HER & HER STAFF.

flag | Submitted April 28, 2015

Dr. Eiler was my doctor for about five years. She was great because she took the time to listen to me. She didn't seem to be in a hurry. There were minor issues with staff and punctuality, but all was fine. Then I had a major family crisis. I asked to get some anti-anxiety medication because I felt like my life was falling apart. She refused unless I came to see her, so I did. I was so upset, I was sobbing and could barely speak. I even told her that I had thought about suicide. She just sat there and did/said nothing. She just said that things would work out. Her only other comment was that I should probably see a psychiatrist! Then I called with an ear infection - if you've never had one they are PAINFUL! She refused to call in an Rx without seeing me. But she had no appointments available, so I went in to see the other female partner. I waited over 30 minutes in the exam room, and I was curled up in a fetal position because I was in so much pain. She came in and confirmed I had an ear infection. She told me I should call if I had any blood in my ear. Then she went off on me about how I wasn't managing my diabetes. I told her what I'd told Dr. Eiler - that I was unable to afford the medicine because my husband had lost his job. She asked: "do you want us to draw blood today or would u rather wait until next week when you're feeling better". I chose to come back. Apparently, Dr. O told Dr. E. that I REFUSED to have my blood drawn. Both of them were just adamant that I was being non-compliant. I told her that I would come back in the next week and get it taken. Later that day, I finally called Dr, Eiler and told her that I was in severe pain, and asked if she could call in some type of pain medication, and she agreed. At 8 pm that night (Friday) my ear started bleeding and the Rx still hadn't been sent to the pharmacy so I called after hours. I told Dr. Orabella that Dr. Eiler had called in a Rx but they never received it. Dr. Orabella refused intimating that I was just trying to get some vicodin - not as a patient but a user/abuser. I told her that Dr Eiler had called it in but the pharmacy didn't have it. Dr. Orabella refused to call it in. I reiterated that all I wanted was for her to call in whatever Dr. Eiler had prescribed (which was Ultram). Then she also told me that if it's just some blood, not to worry. Her other comment was that ear infections just aren't that painful! (Trust me, I could barely stand up.) I shared what happened with Dr. Eiler, and she refused to believe me. I was so angry and so hurt that E would not even consider that I was right and that O had misunderstood. I was angry that she made me come in when my life was falling apart and she never even made an attempt to console me - and then charged me for an extended visit. I was angry that they treated me like some petulant child who wouldn't take her medicine. I was angry that even though I explained that I didn't have money for the meds, not once did anyone offer me any kind of solution, finding ways to get free medication. I no longer go there because if my doctor doesn't trust me, what's the use? On top of that, Dr. Eiler does not present well. She wears the same things all of the time - stretch pants and tops that look like they came from goodwill. She wears huge glasses (like she hasn't bought new frames since the 80s. She dresses very unprofessionally.

flag | Submitted September 2, 2014

She was rude and advised me that she had a child "the right way" by adopting internationally and it only cost her "jet lag" and not the hardship of what happens to a woman's body (i.e., weakened bladder when coughing, laughing, jumping). She also prescribed an "end of the line" antibiotic for possible pneumonia when I had only been sick for 2 days with bad cold like symptoms. I actually went for a rule/out of west nile because my husband was worried about me and I saw her instead of her partner who is my primary and wasn't available. She didn't tell me of the possible MAJOR side effects of levaquin and I ended up with terrible tendinitis caused by the medicine. Dr. Corwin advised me this was not the meds he would have prescribed. She was rude and left me with a major problem because she jumped to over prescribe a med that wasn't called for. I wouldn't recommend her to my worst enemy.

flag | Submitted June 24, 2013

I have been going to Dr. Eiler for 10 years and yet I feel she does not remember me from visit to visit. She was quite flippant about an operation I am scheduled for and treated my normal anxiety as if it was of no interest to her. She said"good luck " and left very abruptly with no mention of scheduling a post op appointment.

flag | Submitted December 8, 2011

I HAD been with Dr Eiler for many years but began to feel as if I didn't really matter. During the last couple of appts with her, I began to sense she really didn't care about my issues and that she was not treating them correctly. I have begun seeing a new doctor who immediate switched some meds and monitored them to make sure everything was working for me.

flag | Submitted May 6, 2009

I didn't think she had good bedside manners at all. She was not very nice and didn't seem to care for me as a patient. I wouldn't waste a copay on seeing her again. I found another dr I enjoy.

flag | Submitted July 11, 2008

Very thorough, asks good questions and actually listens. Takes careful notes and refers to them later to link symptoms! I think she's great and would recommend her to anyone.

flag | Submitted March 16, 2008

Dr. Eiler is probably one of the worst doctors I have ever dealt with here in town! She seemed caring when I first met her, but after being a new patient of hers for only a few weeks, she seemed very disconcerned about the health problems I was experiencing. Plus, not only was she completely uninterested about what was going on, she was blatently rude to me one day after I told one of her nurses that she never returned one of my phone calls about a problem with a medication she had prescribed me! (And trust me, I hardly ever call doctor's offices; I *work* for a major insurance carrier and understand how busy they are...) I have been fortunate to work with a lot of *good* doctors in Cincinnati, but I would not recommend anyone to see this physician..I have already started to file an internal complaint with the company I work for, just so she realizes how poorly she treated me as a patient! Please, if you want an intelligent, caring doctor - do not waste your time going to this office!!

flag | Submitted January 8, 2007

Dr. Janis E. Eiler's Credentials

• Indiana Medical College, School Of Medicine Of Purdue University (Grad. 1981)