Ratings for Dr. Nancy Fan

I have been seeing Dr Fan for almost 10 years. Before that I lived in Montreal where I had a cruel person for a psychiatrist. I thought they must all be like that. Dr. Fan is an angel who has come to save us all (and I am not religious). She is an amazing listener. She is kind beyond words. She remembers everything about your history between appointments. She let's you drive your situation but is fully supportive in the ways you need. I have praised her to everyone I know because she changed my life and indeed may have saved it. I wish everyone could have Dr. Fan or a psychiatrist as compassionate as Dr. Fan. I believe she is no longer taking new patients but if you have the chance to see her, take it. It just may save your life.

flag | Submitted December 4, 2019

Dr. Fan is wonderful. She is helping me with my anxiety and depression. I am working on a book I bought . The AnxietyToolkit. By. Alice Boyes, Ph.D. She is easy to talk to. Bailey is a wonderful receptionist.

flag | Submitted September 6, 2019

Newer Office, newer receptionist. Dr. Fan is absolutely amazing and has really helped me find a way to navigate my life. Bailey the receptionist is also very good and is professional and friendly.

flag | Submitted December 20, 2018

I felt like my first and only session with Dr. Fan went quite well. Though at the time I was in pretty serious denial that my medication does work well for me and that I'm better on it. I was convinced that my goal was to get off the medication, which in hindsight was not the best path. So anyways, I really wasn't doing very well and I wasn't thinking clearly enough to see that. Her receptionist is super nice, but a bit odd. She called me to reschedule my appointment for some reason that I couldn't understand, and my options were quite limited. I work nights and have an odd schedule, and sure enough I missed my early appointment. I think my decision to try to come off of my medication was a big factor here. I was embarrassed, and felt shame so I didn't reschedule, then my referral expired, then my doctor sent another referral and I was refused. From the sounds of things I'm not the only one who has had difficulty with her practice. Perhaps her office could give a bit more leeway to those who are literally mentally ill? But on the other hand, maybe she's found that being strict is the only way to encourage responsible behaviour from her patients. I know that she is an excellent doctor and her time is very valuable.

flag | Submitted October 31, 2017

dr fan is a truly amazing psychiatrist! extremely kind, supportive, non judgemental and intuitive. she helped me immensely during a very difficult time. i feel so grateful to have been referred to her.

flag | Submitted October 26, 2017

i cannot believe i found someone as genuinely kind as her! her kindness is therapeutic in itself!!

flag | Submitted January 30, 2017

Dr Fan is a new doctor to me. She is very generous and open. It is easy for me to be honest as her manner is not judgemental. I am so grateful that I am able to see her. Her assistant is so helpful and willing to change appointments when nevesssry

flag | Submitted January 23, 2017

Dr Fan is open minded and easy to talk to. She supports whatever belief system her clien has and introduces a wider view of a situation. Her suggestions, support and references really helped my perspective of what felt like a hopeless situation.

flag | Submitted July 25, 2016

Dr. Nancy Fan is caring , smart she lets me try to figure things out on my own. With her gentle guidance and suggestions they are spot on. Her receptionist is very loving and caring.

flag | Submitted October 11, 2015

I feel I need to address some of the negative comments about Dr. Fan's secretary. I find Nancy to be extremely helpful and kind. Not once has she been short or rude, in fact she is always positive and encouraging and takes the time to listen. It's a pleasure to call the office and have Nancy at the other end of the line!

flag | Submitted October 1, 2015