Ratings for Dr. Nasim Mahmoudi

Dr. Mahmoudi is caring, knowledgeable and friendly. I was diagnosed with A. Fib. She is taking care of me with great effort and patience. She listens to everything I say and asks for the necessary tests. Thank you doctor.

flag | Submitted June 8, 2017

Dr. Mahmoudi is an outstanding doctor. We are lucky to have her on the North Shore. The Cancer Clinic sent us to her when tests for my husband"s cancer showed some irregularities which had to be checked out by an internist before treatment could proceed which they wanted to start right away. When we phoned Dr.Mahmoudi's office she was on her day off but she came in to see us immediately. She was thorough, competent, very knowledgeable and gracious, She even consulted by phone with a hematologist at VGH to make sure she didn't miss anything. Leaving her office we felt well informed and very reassured about the way ahead. Thank you ,Dr.Mahmoudi.

flag | Submitted May 4, 2017

she spent plenty of time to figure out my issue which impressed me so much and made me feel so good. I have heard many good thing about her before and now I am sure of them. Thank you Dr. M:)

flag | Submitted March 11, 2017

The worst medical experience I have ever had. She is terribly ignorant and arrogant. She just waste my time and insulted in any possible way she could. Her assistant once failed to informed. Me for a test and Dr Mahmoudi keep blamed me for missing that test appointment. She sent me for breath test in addition of all cardio echo, CT Scans, Ultra sound and etc. Technician informed her for my lungs issue and the fact that I suffer fro the shortage of breath, which even it didn't go away when technician used special spray. But Dr Mahmoudi just ignor that fact and insist that I have a heart problem. At the end she just visited me for two sessions, each one less than 2 mins?!!! She is horrible!!!!!!!

Submitted March 8, 2017

This doctor was a terrible disappointment. She doesn't know enough to be an internist. Should have stuck with something simpler. She covers up her lack of knowledge with an arrogant and dismissive air. She also tries to dismiss symptoms as due to depression or anxiety. She did a 24 hour monitor of my heart then didn't send my GP the actual report. Instead she made condescending remarks dismissing potentially serious arrhythmias. I'd be terrified in her care.

Submitted February 12, 2017

Her guidance through bypass surgery was invaluable

flag | Submitted October 14, 2015

I felt like I was hit by a bull dozer talking to this doctor. She was aggressive, dismissive, condescending and arrogant - a shockingly disrespectful bedside manner. While she appears to be knowledgeable, her arrogance makes me question whether she is in fact insecure and is trying to appear more knowledgeable than she is. Questions appeared to be an assault to her ego, and she turned on me. My cardiologist suggested one course of treatment, and she disagreed and chose another, then didn't understand why I was confused and couldn't make up my mind what to do "right now". When I explained that I had 2 doctors giving me different advise regarding taking heart drugs and, perhaps if they spoke to each other - she looked at me like I asked her to wash the toilets out. It was like choose him or me - I don't have time for you to figure this brand new information out, because how you feel is immaterial to me, I'm God just do it. And if you don't do what I say, I'm outta here. Personally I think that is part of the problem with our healthcare system, specialists don't talk to each other. But when it comes to the heart, I cannot for the life of me understand why she feels it is beneath her to discuss her contradictory medical advise with the cardiologist who has given different advise. It was an incredibly stressful experience at a time when support, respect and clarity would have been very helpful.

flag | Submitted December 4, 2014

I was treated for heart failure and kidney disease by Dr Mahmoudi then followed in office, very greatful for care i received

flag | Submitted March 1, 2014

I was in hospital for heart failure under the care of dr. Mahmoudi and team of Residents, Irecieved great care, clear discussions, undrestand my condition much better now.

flag | Submitted August 9, 2013

Dr. Mahmoudi diagnosed and treated me for infective endocarditis in hospital through outpatient Antibiotic and later followup in offic. She is thorough, detailed and punctual, I recommend her to any patient.

flag | Submitted July 28, 2013