Ratings for Dr. Christopher Lyons

We first came in to Children's Hospital about 4 years ago after my little girl failed her school vision screening. It turns out the vision in one of her eyes was worse than the other and we had NO idea. Dr. Lyons and his team intervened at this early age and started us on a patching routine. Her vision was brought back to normal in her bad eye. I feel like we've been blessed with a miracle and I wanted to thank Dr. Lyons and his team for all their fantastic help over the years. I would recommend them to anyone.

flag | Submitted September 8, 2018

Dr. Lyons is wonderful. My daughter had really bad crossed eyes and I took her to an ophthalmologist in St.George Ut. the first time I took her she was 7 months old.Finally after at least 8 visits and she was 3.5 she had surgery, but because they had waited so long her eyes work separately, I was very unhappy, her eyes still crossed and her right eye would always drop eye contact when she was looking at someone which is very disconcerting, I moved to Canada 9 years ago and was able to get my daughter in to see Dr. Lyons, and I was definitely impressed, with his knowledge, I know the wait time was a bit long but every single time I had taken my daughter to previous appointments it had been at least 2 hours so i realize it takes time especially if they are trying to fit everyone in. Bottom line is that I am so happy I found Dr. Lyons and so grateful he helped my daughter, and I would recommend him to anyone.

flag | Submitted July 7, 2018

Dr Lyons is fantastic ! We’ve been going to him since my daughter was 3 and she loves seeing him. Her eyes have improved tremendously. I would highly recommend him .

flag | Submitted February 25, 2018

We traveled to Vancouver specifically to see Dr. Lyons. He did a tremendous job for our little boy, who now has perfectly straight eyes. This was our sons FOURTH surgery, we hadn't had much luck where we are from, and are just amazed and so thankful at the result. In our opinion Dr. Lyons is the best eye surgeon and we are blessed that we were able to see him.

flag | Submitted February 4, 2018

Dr. Lyons is phenomenal. He is a true professional. While it's obvious his knowledge, skills, and ability are top notch, he is such a caring and compassionate man. He truly cares about his patients and it's obvious that he loves his job as he makes it look so easy. Thank you Dr. Lyons and your staff for everything you've done. I would not hesitate to recommend him to anyone.

flag | Submitted October 3, 2017

As a doctor, Dr. Lyons has gone above and beyond to help our children over the years. He listens to what the issues and concerns might be, while using his experience and knowledge to fix any problems. Many doctors might overlook the concerns of parents or rush patients in order to 'fit everyone in' - but Dr Lyons is someone who truly cares about his patients and ensures that the children are looked after. It's often hard as a parent to want to 'step in' to ensure that everything is going smoothly while visiting a doctor but after countless visits Dr. Lyons has shown us the utmost care and dedication to our childrens needs. He often gets booked up but our childrens long term health is more important than a wait time. He's a family man who always welcomes our concerns while using his expertise to do what's best for the children. Highly recommend.

flag | Submitted September 16, 2017

My son has been a patient for almost 12 years. My child has terrible anxiety and Dr's appointments are usually a challenge, but he has always loved seeing Dr. Lyons and his staff. I personally find Dr. Lyons to be very compassionate, helpful and professional. We look forward to our appointments despite hour or so wait. I trust him and his staff completely, I highly recommend him to everyone with confidence.

flag | Submitted September 16, 2017

We waited more than 2 and half with 10 mins check up.He treated my baby who is 18 months like a rat.She was scare with stranger instead of calm her down he tried to bend her feet or hands very hard.He almost poked his finger into my baby eyes. Fortunately I stopped him twice.Not every doctors have a good heart .we are very unlucky to see a doctor like him .To all parents who have babies or toddlers,do not see him because your babies or toddler might broke their feet or arms.He is not gentle at all .I cried a lot after my baby checking up.I felt really bad why I let my baby see a bad doctor like him

Submitted August 24, 2017

I don't doubt his abilities. But his wait time is ridiculous. We have always waited over 2 hours for less than 10 minutes check up. Patients time is precious too!

flag | Submitted August 17, 2017

It is very probable that all of you do not know that dr lyons is one of the best, if not the #1, pediatric ophthalmologist alround the world. This is a fact, not a perception. His scientific and practical clinical knowlwdge are just amazing. Millions of patients would just only dream of having access to such an amazing doctor. In addition, he is a wonderful human being. He is too good that too many people want an appointment with him. He is too clear and his heart is too big that would never say no to a patient in need. I know this because I worked with him as a fellow physician and cannot imagine a bettet doctor ever. So please be patient. Perhaps you would have to wait more than you would like, but your son or daughter or yourself will get the best possible consult in the WORLD (I do not know if you get it), with a very sensitive and nice man. Be patient and do not blane him for the waiting time. It would never be because he is arrogant, he is acually the oppossite: Humble and nice. He worries for his patients and cares about you as a parent. And is the best one. What else would you expect from a doctor?

flag | Submitted August 6, 2017