Ratings for Dr. Johan Kritzinger

this Dr say me in emergency on May 13. Ran some tests to find out about extreme pain I was in. He did not find anything so gave me Percocet and sent me home and said good luck. I was back in the hospital on May 26 and say a different Dr. who was very thorough and found blood clots in the spline and both kidneys. The spline was 30% dead as well as the kidneys were both starved of blood. After sitting in a chair fo over 29 hours with dieing kidneys and spline I was lucky enough to get a tub room upstairs. The second Dr. Asked why I did not come in sooner because I would not have so much damage. He could not believe I was sent home for 2 weeks to suffer.

flag | Submitted June 20, 2016

This doctor has twice tried to usher me out the door with perkisettes. The first time I was bleeding internally with an ectopic pregnancy. I ultimately ended up getting an emergency tubal. The second time he sent me home with laxatives for a possible "bowel obstruction" which was a ruptured ovarian cyst. He couldn't be bothered to obtain my ultrasound that was done that morning for a hemorrhagic cyst, which I told him about. But laxatives. He's nice enough but appears to grasp at straws and shove you out with painkillers. ALWAYS get a second opinion if you get this guy. Or go somewhere else. Also my urine sample sat in the bathroom for 3 and a half hours. Not sure what the requirements are for those tests, but that seems like a long time.

flag | Submitted April 23, 2016

Very disappointed! Misdiagnosed my grandson as having a virus when he had a very serious blood infection and was immediately hospitalized in Calgary at the Children's hospital. Parents, don't waste your time in Red Deer, go to Edmonton or Calgary!

flag | Submitted March 6, 2016

very accomodating doctor, kind and listening to your troubles

flag | Submitted February 9, 2015

Have had this doctor a few times at my local clinic. Never feel rushed with him he hears you out and makes you feel comfortable. Seems very experienced and professional.

flag | Submitted December 6, 2014

Very down to earth, as well as very knowledgeable. Definitely a preferred doctor in my opinion!

flag | Submitted January 11, 2014

I've had Dr. Kritzinger two times in the ER. I find him to be a quiet man but kind and very knowledgeable and thorough. He made me feel like a human being and not a piece of meat like often happens in the hospital these days especially in the ER. I felt cared about and well taken care of under his care. I would love to have him as my family doctor were that possible.

flag | Submitted August 8, 2012

Very VERY knowledgeable Doctor. My fiance was seen by him and was very sick and he jumped right to the challenged and really helped him. There are only a few good ER docs in red deer and this one is quite amazing.

flag | Submitted April 15, 2012

Dr K has treated me on several occasions at the ER- and he was the first to diagnose a difficult sickness as full body migraines (which 3 other doctors missed) caused by a chronic sinus condition. Thanks to him, I am getting better and on the path to living a better life. Thank you.

flag | Submitted December 28, 2011

This is one of the best doctors I have came accross in my life. He is a good rep for the South African doctors in Canada. He is very kind, and listens carefully to everything that you are saying, and it didn't take long for him to find out exactly what was wrong and the best way to fix it. Very knowledgeable and professional. Very good experience!!

flag | Submitted July 19, 2011