Ratings for Dr. Sara Javid

I was dx'd with invasive breast cancer in Nov. 2016 after a tumor was seen in a routine mammogram. At first I was stunned & overwhelmed. After I met Dr Javid & the staff at Seattle Cancer Care Alliance (SCCA), I knew I was in good hands. I knew I wanted a surgeon who specializes in breast surgery, which Dr Javis does (along with endocrine cancers). She has an impressive resume. She has a pleasant manner, explained my medical situation well & my treatment options. As a surgeon, she has a delicate, but decisive touch. I chose to have breast conserving lumpectomy with sentinel node biopsy. I had my surgery in December 2016. I had a 1.7 cm tumor removed. There was no cancer in the nodes. I met the criteria to not require radiation follow-up, but am starting estrogen inhibiting medication (Arimidex). I believe Dr Javid probably saved my life. Not that cosmetics were my main concern, I have just the smallest half-moon scar on my breast....even a movies star would be pleased with this outcome. I have had an easy & rapid recovery. I only needed pain medication for one day post surgery (The incision on the breast never hurt really, but the incisions in the armpit were painful). I am now back doing Pilates three times per week. I would recommend Dr Javid & SCCA to any patient needing care for breast cancer.

flag | Submitted February 17, 2017

I had thyroid cancer surgery a few months back and Sara Javid @ Seattle Cancer Care Alliance was my surgeon. During my surgery a nerve was cut to my vocal cord and now my right side is paralyzed. I'm now forced to deal with voice,breathing,swallowing & chocking issues as well as feeling sick all the time. I wanted to share my experience with everyone.

flag | Submitted July 14, 2011

Dr. Sara Javid's Credentials

• Harvard Medical School (Grad. 1999)