Ratings for Dr. Rustom Guzder

3 1/2 hour wait through lunch hour for a diabetic??? Really!! Then to tell a patient that he will get his license back and not follow through so they lose their employment, absolutely outraged with the experience of dealing with this guy, heading to the family doctor to change to Victoria

flag | Submitted June 20, 2017

Terrible experience. Staff is horribly rude and insensitive. I was hung up on for having questions. Completely unhelpful. While Dr. Guzder is likely very knowledgeable and he did take his time with me, he was an hour late with no acknowledgement or apology, has an air of arrogance about him, and speaks insensitively on certain subjects. I will be finding another doctor and clinic to go to.

flag | Submitted June 19, 2017

I was very pleased with his care .I would recommend him to others.

flag | Submitted June 4, 2017

Always late, for appointments and follow up 6 month appointment took 2.5 years!!! Currently on month 9 of a 6 month follow up with no call made from the office to book. Best receptionist in town...and not her fault. Thinking of asking to go to Victoria. One needing an endo usually needs consistent care which is non exsistent with him. Thank God for the diabetes clinic!

flag | Submitted June 2, 2017

Showed up on his bike at 9:00 for our 9:00 appointment, left us to wait while he got changed and set up for the day (approx 20 min). This is not the first time we have had to wait for him which I would be willing to do if the care was good. It is not. Major "God" complex with this guy.

flag | Submitted April 28, 2017

i dont mind waiting to see a doctor if i know i'm getting good care, however i wouldnt say that he is worth the wait. I found him extremely arrogant and unwilling to engage with me as a human and not just a task on his work day's "to-do" list. There was no attempt to understand me from my own experience with my health problems, and when i politely questioned why i needed to go through with his recommended treatment, he became very agitated and defensive and began to tell me half-truths of horrible out comes that could occur which looking further into it turned out to be chances as small as 0.005%. But he WANTED me to do it, and i think badly abused his position as a 'specialist'. I did not go with his treatment and am doing very well. Also he was not very respectful in interacting with me and my husband as a couple but instead was rather put off when he had his own questions for him, which is hard for my husband because he already feels disconnected from the realm of my medical struggles. He wants to feel involved and like he can understand and support me in my illness.

flag | Submitted April 18, 2017

My appointment was right on time and Dr. Guzder was very pleasant and explained my medical issue very well.

flag | Submitted February 3, 2017

This doctor is knowledgeable, professional and competant. My experience with him is excellent.

flag | Submitted July 15, 2016

I met with Dr.Guzder for the second time today regarding a condition I was being tested for. Both apts I had to wait a very very long time for and both times I showed up 5 min early and waited near an hour each time. Sitting there in the tiny waiting room listening to the secretary going on and on quite loud over the phone with a friend or something. I found him arrogant today as well as last visit. I will not be going back and have already taken steps for a second opinion. If you have any choice at all and are being referred to an endocrinologist please take my warning that it would be a complete waste of your time. This man who I have never met other than my appointments seemed to have a distaste for me, I felt like he resented me for even being ther. Very uncomfortable , and I most certainly plan to discuss this with my GP and hopefully she will think twice before referring any other patients of hers to this man.

flag | Submitted January 27, 2016

I have seen Dr Guzder a few times with the man I care for who has Down's Syndrome and is a Type 1 Diabetic. I always have questions and we don't always agree on medical treatment but Dr Guzder is always very patient and kind and gives me options. He does tend to run late sometimes but then he also doesn't rush people through their appointments.

flag | Submitted December 11, 2015