Ratings for Dr. Rustom Guzder

I really like DR Guzder. He’s friendly and has a lovely sense of humour. I saw him for my thyroid which has atrophied and he took the time to explain to me the how and why and even discussed other autoimmune issues with me. He’s sent my awesome gp detailed notes on our visit too so she is in the loop. He’s thorough and I would see him again if my doctor wanted me to. Heather, his front desk admin, was also friendly and helpful too.

flag | Submitted May 14, 2018

I saw Dr. Gudzer for the second time today - both times he was only a couple minutes late and the arrogant remark baffles me! i have found him to be very compassionate and knowledgeable. He also patently answers all of my questions respectfully. Heather, his receptionist, is also friendly and helpful.

flag | Submitted April 12, 2018

Not sure what all these other reviews are about claiming Dr. Guzder as arrogant. I had been nervous about my appointment after stumbling upon these reviews. Today I was so pleasantly suprised. Dr. Guzder was very kind and gentle. He took interest in what I had to say and treated me with respect. I am feeling very hopeful about continuing my care with him and felt I needed to write my experience so that hopefully the next person won't feel nervous like I did. He is a great doctor.

flag | Submitted March 20, 2018

My mother died in July of 2017. She had a massive stroke and heart attack after having a radioactive iodine treatment for her overactive thyroid. Guzder was her doctor and scheduled this treatment in 2011. The iodine caused the thyroid to send out too much hormone and caused the heart attack and subsequent stroke. She lived 6 more years but had no life as she never walked again, never drove her car again, never golfed again. Her brain was damaged from the stroke and she had a hard time remembering things. Before this happened Guzder was very arrogant during appointments and took very little interest in talking to us. We were totally unaware of the risks of this procedure, otherwise would never have gone ahead. When I look back in life to things I wish I had never done, this would rank #1. I hesitate to call him a doctor. I have to put one star to post this otherwise would not put any stars.

flag | Submitted January 19, 2018

Arrogant. Condescending, smug. Bad advice. Wouldn't listen. Judgemental. Will not go back.

flag | Submitted November 2, 2017

I attended his office a few years ago with my son who has brain damage and we are still scarred by that experience. My son is uncertain and fearful about physical examinations. An unknown female sat in the waiting room staring at us. When we entered the exam room, she was already present, but was never introduced. My son thought she might examine him, but she hadn't asked permission to be there and neither had Dr. Guzder. His god-like behaviour and hubris seem unbounded and disgusting--especially as he reported to our family physician on me as the problem, when he had failed to follow BC College of Physicians and Surgeons' ethical guidelines and Patient Rights. Neither Dr. Guzder nor the unknown woman--Guzder refused my requests for her name at the time and by telephone afterwards, but Guzder insisted it was his right to include her without permission. My role as my adult-son's advocate was extinguished by Guzder who then complained in writing to the referring physician about me--not about his patient who is my son. Guzder's helpful medical solution caused a blocked ventricular-peritoneal shunt and that caused our son agony and intense pain, without positive results. Some help! Avoid at all costs to your autonomy and dignity!

flag | Submitted October 8, 2017

Both Dr Guzder and the receptionist are pleasant, helpful and knowledgeable and I am very happy with my care at this practice. I do agree with others that wait times are unreasonably long, I've never had an appointment on time and its often over half an hour wait. However, there are not enough endocrinologists in town and I suspect that they just try to fit in too many people each day.

flag | Submitted August 1, 2017

I am so impressed with Dr. Guzder. He spent considerable time educating me and reassuring me on my condition. He was very respectful and kind. I left his office well informed and with a plan of action. The only neg - I would have preferred an alternate radio station to the grating music piped into the waiting room.

flag | Submitted June 27, 2017

3 1/2 hour wait through lunch hour for a diabetic??? Really!! Then to tell a patient that he will get his license back and not follow through so they lose their employment, absolutely outraged with the experience of dealing with this guy, heading to the family doctor to change to Victoria

flag | Submitted June 20, 2017

Terrible experience. Staff is horribly rude and insensitive. I was hung up on for having questions. Completely unhelpful. While Dr. Guzder is likely very knowledgeable and he did take his time with me, he was an hour late with no acknowledgement or apology, has an air of arrogance about him, and speaks insensitively on certain subjects. I will be finding another doctor and clinic to go to.

flag | Submitted June 19, 2017