Ratings for Dr. Rustom Guzder

This doctor is knowledgeable, professional and competant. My experience with him is excellent.

flag | Submitted July 15, 2016

I met with Dr.Guzder for the second time today regarding a condition I was being tested for. Both apts I had to wait a very very long time for and both times I showed up 5 min early and waited near an hour each time. Sitting there in the tiny waiting room listening to the secretary going on and on quite loud over the phone with a friend or something. I found him arrogant today as well as last visit. I will not be going back and have already taken steps for a second opinion. If you have any choice at all and are being referred to an endocrinologist please take my warning that it would be a complete waste of your time. This man who I have never met other than my appointments seemed to have a distaste for me, I felt like he resented me for even being ther. Very uncomfortable , and I most certainly plan to discuss this with my GP and hopefully she will think twice before referring any other patients of hers to this man.

flag | Submitted January 27, 2016

I have seen Dr Guzder a few times with the man I care for who has Down's Syndrome and is a Type 1 Diabetic. I always have questions and we don't always agree on medical treatment but Dr Guzder is always very patient and kind and gives me options. He does tend to run late sometimes but then he also doesn't rush people through their appointments.

flag | Submitted December 11, 2015

Dislike seeing him very much. He plays the blame game with type 2 diabetics. Will never go back.

flag | Submitted November 16, 2015

My son is a Type 1 diabetic and after seeing Dr. Susan Stock until he was 18, she recommended Dr. Guzder. We have been very pleased with the care and his knowledge with my son's insulin pump. He does tend to run quite late at times, but he doesn't rush you through like cattle, so it is totally understandable why he can run late. His staff is helpful and we are pleased with the care he has shown.

flag | Submitted June 25, 2015

I was diagnosed with several large growths on my thyroid with one probably being cancer. My EENT sent me to see Dr. Guzder, who fit me in within a week. Yes, I did have to wait for about a half hour but the receptionist did tell me that he runs late, so I was prepared and took a book. Dr. Guzder was highly recommended by the doctors where I work and by a couple of coworkers, who have been going to him for some time. I found him very prepared, with my MRI and US images already pulled up, He went through my chart and images with me, explained what was going on without talking down to me, and even called the EENT for information on the upcoming biopsy, what was being done and gave me that information. I also have a very rare, non-related condition, and he asked me questions that made me believe that he was either familiar with, or had researched the condition and how it relates to the thyroid. Dr. Guzder never made me feel rushed, and we spent a good 35 minutes together. He made sure I had all my questions answered, and offered all the options available for me and their consequences without trying to influence my decision. I found him warm, knowledgeable and kind, and not the slightest hint of arrogance. I highly recommend this doctor.

flag | Submitted February 11, 2015

Horrible, never seen a Dr. flip flop on his diagnosis like him. Useless, total waste of time and energy. Rude and arrogant ....

flag | Submitted December 20, 2014

After the visit I did all my research and decided that I would do best to not have surgery or radiation and could not find any where about this bone loss. My next visit he pressed me again to have surgery or radiation, I said to him that I was not interested and that I was not able to find any info stating bone loss from Tapazol, where he said "oh no thats not a side effect" what?????? Then he prescribed me the max dose of Tapazol that a person can have. I questioned him as I had been on this drug for many many years. After a few months on this dose, and my face swelling up severely, I had self medicated my self back to my reg dose. Then he called as we were at phone visits and did not even have written down what dose of medication he had me on. I brushed it off until the next phone conversation he did it again?. Like why was he not keeping notes. Since losing all confidence in his judgments I made all my own dosage adjustments after the blood tests. Good luck if you have to see him, make sure you take close watch of your own meds.

flag | Submitted December 5, 2014

It's been awhile since my appointment. I wasn't going to rate him. But the whole appointment bothered me. As a woman with pcos, I have seen numerous doctors, numerous specialists. Not one of those doctors upset me the way this doctor did. I arrived for my 8:30am appointment at 8:20am. There was no other patients. I finally got in at 8:55am. I walk into his office and he has a medical student in there. Normally this wouldn't bother me. But sometimes speaking about things can be somewhat awkward and uncomfortable. I wish I was given the option because I would have chosen to have the young beautiful medical student not be there. There's nothing like sitting there being told "well lose weight" (oh really? Like that's not obvious but it is much more difficult for pcos women). I felt like I was being judged by both the doctor and the student. As if I was lazy and stupid. I waited 6 months for this doctor and it was a waste of my time.

flag | Submitted December 2, 2014

Bad experience 3 docters in the room only 2 introduce themselves they kept leaving to another room to discuss symptoms without me. Questions were reapeated too many times over. I was told pop or sugar wouldn't make you feel better with low blood sugar even though I seen a diabetes councillor she told me to drink pop or hard candies and lots of protein. I haven't been diagnosed yet but have readings of 2to4mml no further tests or help was offered for this.

flag | Submitted September 27, 2014