Ratings for Dr. Robert Jones

I'm your typical bald guy who lost all of his confidence. I was working in Toronto last Spring and decided to shop around for a hair replacement procedure. I with met Dr. Jones and we had a nice chat about my options. He reviewed the procedure with so much confidence and knowledge that I immediately knew he was my guy. I decided on a 4,000 FUE. Dr. Jones and his staff were skillful and caring. I spent the entire time questioning my decision to go through with a transplant. All my fears disappeared when within the first 6 months I saw baby hairs. I am approaching my 1 year anniversary this June. I LOVE MY NEW HAIR. Its a dream come true and was worth every penny. I will be sending head shots to Dr. Jones after my anniversary. You have to see it to believe it. If you don't believe me, ask him yourself!! If you visit after June 2016, tell him to show you the pics from the New Yorker who is amazed by the results. Thank you again Dr. Jones and staff for changing my life.

flag | Submitted April 27, 2016

Dr. Robert Jones

Dr. Robert Jones's response
Hi! Thanks for your positive review, I just saw the photos you sent, amazing results. A 4000 graft FUE is a lot to do in one day, but with results like yours definitely worth it. I'm looking forward to seeing it in person next time you are in the Toronto area. Dr. Robert Jones

Submitted April 28, 2016

I didn't want to give a 5 star as it won't catch any eyes, and perhaps there are a few things that could have been done differently. I had a receding hairline from childhood but I noticed it was thinning. Saw a few doctors but was swayed by this site. Basically I would never give a 5 to anyone. Anyhow I decided very quickly to do the operation and perhaps that weighed in on some of my issues. Today's been 8 months since my 2,500 FUT and the results are happening and are good. Im happy and excited that I still have another 15-20% to go. The problem for me was shock loss and it should have been explained in greater detail, I had a lot and was not prepared for it. It was so stressful, I ended up questioning the doctor and looking all over the net for negative comments on him, and I found some. That made it worse. In Dr. Jones defence, you can find anything on the net good or bad, he has done about 5,000 procedures so he will have some complaints. Also he was very early in FUE and I believe using new equipment and a new method will lead to compromised results, and most complaints date back to that time. Anyhow, it was a long winter I felt I had made the biggest mistake in my life, I didn't care about the cost, it was the result. I seemed to loose about 50% in the front, it was scary and slow going. My only complaint and let this be advice to you, is that he didn't tell me to take Finasteride prior and apparently it makes a massive difference to shock loss. In fairness, he only had one weeks warning with me so it may not have made a difference anyhow. For all you reading this, a hair transplant is well worth it, but you will look bad before you look good. To help mitigate this, take Finasteride 1mg daily, for at least 3 months before getting the procedure, Dr. Jones will prescribe it and I believe it will make a world of difference. I also believe the concept of reduced sex drive due to Finasteride use does not occur with only 1 mg per day use, it hasn't hurt me. In the end the procedure was easy, people nice as described in most of these posts. One other minor complaint is that he has a lot going on, as there are multiple surgeries happening at one time, but its a money making business and I don't think he is any different than the others. As a result you won't see much of him except in the beginning unless you are getting an FUE, so I understand, also the 1 hour lunch break is very slow. Would I do it again with Dr. Jones....yes, as I am happy and he could probably do HT's with his eyes closed as he has done a lot of them, but I would be sure to take Finasteride for 3 months prior, and also book a 10 day holiday at a cheap motel with Netflix because you can't wash your hair for 10 days after, oh yeah... and start wearing a baseball hat well before so you can hide things without people suspecting. Good Luck!

flag | Submitted August 5, 2019

When I went to see Dr. Jones he tried to DISSUADE me from having a hair transplant saying my hair was "too thin". I later went to another hair doctor who said my hair was actually a good candidate for transplantation since it will blend well with the remaining native hair areas. After I had the transplant done with the other doctor, all barbers, dermatologists etc. have all said it is an excellent job. Good luck with your business Dr. Jones; I wish you well in your ability to turn it down.

flag | Submitted July 9, 2019

Dr. Robert Jones

Dr. Robert Jones's response
The only reason I can think that I turned you down for a hair transplant is your age. I am always reluctant to treat young patients because it is impossible to predict future hair loss. I see patients all the time that hair hair restoration surgery in their early twenties, that look great for 5 or 10 years, and then end up losing so much hair that they don't have enough donor site to fill in behind the transplant. Hopefully this is not the case with yourself. Good luck in the future. Dr. Robert Jones

Submitted July 9, 2019

A great experience with a great result. Very professional doctors and nurses.

flag | Submitted July 2, 2019

Younger people who consider this procedure should be aware that their hair loss may progress well into their 50's or even longer, and that they may not have sufficient donor hair to correct that progression. Last year I saw a man in Loblaws store who had what looked like an island of hair still growing well on the top and the front of his scalp, but with wide margins of scalp on both sides and at the back, that was completely bald, and with a fairly narrow fringe of hair growth left down low on the sides and at the back. My immediate thought was that , if I were him, I would shave my head and have a much more natural appearance.

flag | Submitted May 12, 2019

I was scheduled to have a 3000 graft FUE with an Ottawa well-known surgeon on Oct 3rd 2018. Unfortunately, he was not the one that analyzed my hair texture and donor area prior to the surgery. Everything was done by one of his consultants and I didn't see the surgeon until the day before the surgery. When I finally met him, he was very rude and he told me that he could only harvest 1100 grafts and that my donor area was very bad. He told me there was nothing to do and recommended me to cancel everything and just accept the fact that I would become bald in a couple of years. I was completely shocked and in panic mode. I cancelled the surgery (he only gave me back 50% of my 1500$ deposit), and called Dr Jones clinic in Oakville. I managed to get a quick appointment for a consultation and I flew there early the next day. Dr. Jones and his team welcomed me with open arms. Since my donor area was not very good, Dr Jones suggested a 3000 grafts FUT and was very confident that he could give me back a full head of hair. He even offered me to have the surgery the next day!!! The clinic was supposed to be closed that day and he was fully booked for the next 4 months. I slept in Oakville and underwent a 3000 graft FUT + PRP the next day (October 4th 2018). He opened the clinic for me and brought his team for a 7 hour procedure! I am now at 6.5 months post-op and the results are already AMAZING and natural! The final results will be visible after 12 months. The scar is barely visible! I am not the same and my confidence came back! It was so hard to lose my hair at such a young age (27 years old) Dr. Jones changed my life! I can't wait to go see him for another surgery for the crown area. I recommend him to everyone who is balding. Don't hesitate! It is a life changing procedure and Dr Jones is the best at what he does!

flag | Submitted April 29, 2019

Went to three different doctors for consultation..Dr Jones was my choice and am very happy! Had my procedure six months ago....unbelievable results. Proffesional courteous staff. Everyone has noticed how much better it looks Cant wait to see a "full" growth next six months.

flag | Submitted March 1, 2019

I researched extensively at age 54 regarding hair transplants and decided to contact Dr. Jones in 2012 . This is a very caring Medical Team who gave me top notch service from the start. I personally have achieved excellent results and am ever thankful. Having hair was important to me as I felt I looked older and also had decreased confidence. I am 6 years from the date of surgery and so extremely happy I followed through with this procedure. Dr.Jones is by far the best choice I feel I could have made and after wasting a lot of money on Rogaine with zero benefit it’s rewarding to be able to have hair that looks great,continues to grow, and basically makes me feel younger and more confident.ps I am a retired Registered Nurse and this Doctor is the real deal. Hello to Dr Jones and Team from Fred in Midland, Happy Holidays

flag | Submitted December 10, 2018

3,000 FUE in 2017 done by Dr. Robert Jones and his team and after 18 months I have only 2,995. Not bad! Nooo, it is impossible to count! Dr. Robert Jones has a very good team and all the equipment in order to do it right. It took 10 hours and 7 people to complete the job. After 4 months I was surprised to feel the new hair. I was thinking it is going to shade but didn't and after 6 - 8 months my head was full of hair. Very happy but in meantime afraid that will not last. Now, after 18 months I see my face happy when I comb my hair. Also, I don't have a visible scar, at least my hairdresser can not see it. I believe the price was right, and I am sure I have got a little more than 3,000. I strongly recommend Dr. Robert Jones and his Team (very important the team). I believe the Westend of Toronto has much better doctors, surgeons and dentists than Toronto Downtown or USA. Believe me, I have tried all.

flag | Submitted November 25, 2018

I've had three hair transplants with Dr Jones. I've always found him and his staff to very professional, caring and charming. I am very pleased with the procedures and am proud of my new hairline. I would highly recommend Dr Jones and his staff.

flag | Submitted August 5, 2018

Dr. Robert Jones's Credentials

Yes, this doctor is accepting new patients

BSc, MD, CCFP, Board Certified by the American Board of Hair Restoration Surgeons ( ABHRS), Fellow of the International Society of Hair Restoration Surgeons (FISHRS)

• English