Ratings for Dr. Dale Macdonald

When my knee issues became unbearable, that was in 2014. That's when I saw Dr. Dale Macdonald for the first time. I was very carrying and demonstrated an immense knowledge, Dr. Macdonald. In short, my knee issues were very taxing and affected my everyday life. I am seeing him regularly and each and every time when I leave his office I feel better. I trust him with his recommendations and follow them to the T. The best part is, his availability is very accommodating, no long waiting time to see Dr. Macdonald, his office hours are fantastic. I like to thank Dr. Dale for his ongoing support, also his staff is excellent and helpful. I highly recommend his clinic.

flag | Submitted September 9, 2017

Without exaggeration Dr. MacDonald is the best doctor I've ever encountered. Smart, personable and with a genuine care for his patients. Wish I'd found him earlier. His whole office is friendly too.

flag | Submitted September 7, 2017

I highly recommend Dr Dale. He shows a genuine interest in my condition and needs. With experience and variety of treatments he is always able to improve my outlook, reducing pain and improving mobility at every office visit. I count on his recommendations helping me improve my health and fitness on my own. In addition Dr. Dale has on many occasions gone out of his way to help me access other professional help, treatments, and incidental help on my recovery from corrective surgery. All the people who work with Dr. Dale are top notch. In particular Dr. Susan Janssens who helped me with a particularly difficult ailment requiring her to try many different approaches with extraordinary tenacity. I trust Dr Dale and the Elite Sport Performance/Knee Clinic completely, it is the first place you need get to in order to see your full potential if you are being held back by a knee related condition.

flag | Submitted September 6, 2017

Wow - what an awesome group of folks! Dr. Dale is so knowledgeable, caring and passionate about what he does. We were able to get in quickly to see him and on a path to improvement for our daughter. His bedside manner is awesome and instills confidence in both of us as parents to a daughter whose knee issues have really impacted the quality of life. We would highly recommend this practice. We were in within a week of reaching out to them. Highly professional - everything a client could ever want in a practitioner! Kudos Dr. Dale.

flag | Submitted September 5, 2017

Dr MacDonald has helped my knee problems when I thought no other options were available. I highly recommend the Knee Clinic

flag | Submitted August 29, 2017

Dr Macdonal has always been very knowledegable, kind and considerate. I would highly recommend him. He is the best in the field.

flag | Submitted August 28, 2017

I've seen Dr Macdonald for a few years and have recommended him to anyone who will listen! I've since moved but when I return to Calgary in a few years I'll definitely be going back.

flag | Submitted August 28, 2017

I have been visiting Dr. Macdonald's clinic for 15 years and get the best treatment from all the chiropractors in the clinic.

flag | Submitted August 27, 2017

His knowledge of knees is incredible; I wish I'd been referred to him earlier. Friendly, patient and very kind.

flag | Submitted August 26, 2017

Dr. Macdonald has always been very helpful and knowledgeable. Thanks!

flag | Submitted August 24, 2017

Dr. Dale Macdonald's Credentials

Yes, this doctor is accepting new patients

Dr. Macdonald is a Chiropractic Sport Specialist in private practice in Calgary, Alberta Canada. He is the director of both a multidisciplinary sport injury clinic called Elite Sport Performance as well as the Knee Clinic, which serves as the only private knee clinic in Alberta. These clinics employ seventeen staff including nine different types of health care practitioners. He received an undergraduate degree in Kinesiology from the University of Western Ontario. He obtained his Doctor of Chiropractic from the Canadian Memorial Chiropractic College and went on to become the first Chiropractic Sport Specialist to successfully complete the Calgary based Sport Sciences Residency Program. Additionally, Dr. Macdonald has previously obtained certification with Active Release Technique, Graston Soft Tissue Technique and is a Sport First Responder. He also holds NSCA certification as a Strength and Conditioning Specialist. A former professional motorcycle racer, he is now the director of medical services for the Canadian contingent at the annual FIM Motocross des Nations World Championship event and works as a member of the core medical group at select rounds of the FIM / AMA World Supercross Series. He is the former Chief Health Care Coordinator of the Canadian Professional Motocross National Championship Series. Under the tutelage of Dr. Greg Uchacz, Dr. Macdonald has previously worked as Sport Chiropractor to Bobsleigh Canada Skeleton at select rounds of the FIBT World Cup Series and to the Subaru / Gary Fisher team at select UCI World Cup Mountain Bike races. He worked at the National Track and Field Championships in Calgary, Alberta in 2011 and in more recent years has been working with Red Bull to provide sport specialist care to a broad spectrum of their sponsored action sport athletes in disciplines as diverse as bicycling to airplane racing. He works annually at the Crankworx Mountain Bike Series and the Red Bull JoyRide competition in Whistler. In March of 2015 he served as director of medical services for the Red Bull Crashed Ice world championships in Edmonton, a role which will see him attend each round of the world championships in 2016. In addition to his work with professional athletes, Dr. Macdonald worked in the Whistler PolyClinic during the 2010 Vancouver Paralympics. Beyond the sport chiropractic realm, he is a medical consultant to the hit AMC television series “Hell on Wheels” and is a biweekly “sport injury expert” guest on CTV Calgary Morning Live news broadcast. A competitive distance runner, Dr. Macdonald blends his passion with his profession by hosting the annual “Smart Runner” Workshop at Mount Royal University. These workshops present the latest peer-reviewed research on running in an easy to understand and practical manner for elite and beginner runners alike. He is also the co-founder of the Stampede Road Race, an Athletics Alberta certified race which is held annually on the first Sunday of the Calgary Stampede. This race sells out each year at a capacity of two thousand five hundred participants competing in five kilometer, ten kilometer and half marathon distances. Since its inception in 2009, this race has raised nearly one hundred thousand dollars for local and national charities including the Wounded Warriors initiative.

• English

• Cmcc (Grad. 2002)
  • University of Western Ontario (Grad. 1998)

• Knee braces for osteoarthritis