Ratings for Dr. Madalina Neculau

Dr. Neculau is an amazing Doctor. Over a year ago I walked in her office and it was the best thing I have ever done with regards to my health. She is very knowledgable and focuses on the bet course of action. She was very patient with me and my family when making some very hard decision with my treatment, but each visit she treated it as if it was my first and I am ever so grateful for that. The surgeon she referred me to was fantastic his bedside manner like none other. Her office administrator is amazing and ever so pleasant even when I'm late, to early or miss my appointments all together...Just an amazing group of people and feel confident that my health is in their hands...Thank You for honouring your medical vows....

flag | Submitted December 1, 2012

I am so pleased that my family doctor referred me to Dr. Neculau. She is pleasant and very understanding about my needs. I was feeling very sick when I saw her and she has helped me get back to feeling like normal. I did not have to wait long for an appointment. Her secreatary was very nice and she is always pleasant when I speak with her. They are a great team. Thank you Dr.Neculau for great medical care!

flag | Submitted October 12, 2012

I have seen dr Neculau for my thyroid problems during my pregnancy and afterwards and she has been wonderfull to me. Always pleasant and smiling. I disagree that she is arrogant, she is very straightforward and down to earth, with a no-nonsense attitude. Working in the medical field myself, I can tell you a lot of doctors these days order a lot of tests just to keep the patient happy. Dr Neculau always did the right tests for me and made sure that my thyroid bloodwork was well controlled. I delivered my daughter and still see her even if my thyroid is very stable now. I highly recommend her!

flag | Submitted June 1, 2012

Very unhelpful, made no effort to discuss my medical report or seriously consider my symptoms. Originally she denied I had symptoms, the was forced to admit I did after looking at the evidence, yet still refused to help me. Thankfully I found another endocrinologist who was a great deal more knowledgeble and asked me all the right questions, then ordered tests for me. Dr neculau is an example of a doctor whose lack of compassion and serious arrogance ruins her practice. Definately do not recommend her.

flag | Submitted May 28, 2012

I am very surprised by the negative comments posted here. Dr Neculau has been my diabetes specialist for a few years and shes has helped me a great deal. Can say she's one of the nicest doctors I have ever met. She is frank and straightforward and will always try to find the best solution for you. Very friendly, asks you a lot of questions about your life, family etc. I am happy I switched to her from another endo in Scarborough. Her secretary is also fantastic.

flag | Submitted January 2, 2012

I'd agree with some previous posters. Dr. Neculau lacks people skills, which doesn't usually bother me as long as the job gets done. However, she barely skimmed over my records and I mean like half at most then proceeded to be incredibly condescending and judgmental. I would definately recommend finding another endocrinologist if you can. The staff she works with at the Scarborough Hospital are also quite rude.

flag | Submitted October 23, 2011

Dr. Neculau does't really say much when you go and see her. Asks "Why are you here? Your family doctor can monitor your thryoid." She leaves me speechless. She really doesn't have any people skills. I am looking for another endocrinologist.

flag | Submitted September 24, 2011

Dr Neculau is wonderful! I have been seeing her for my thyroid cancer and I am so happy that she is my Endocrinologist. She is kind, compassionate and very knowledgeable. She spend a lot of time explaining everything about my disease and answering lots of questions that I had. She knew I was nervous about my diagnosis and did everything to put me at ease. She even called me at home a few days after surgery to find out how it went! Thank you Dr Neculau. Happy to be your patient.

flag | Submitted August 13, 2011

Dr. Neculau was recommended to me after my previous endocrinologist retired. Unfortunately, I did not have a happy experience with her. She was very unwilling to be helpful in any way to me with regards to lifestyle concerns related to my chronic illness and she was quite judgmental (negatively) of me. I will have to find a more compassionate doctor with better bedside manner.

flag | Submitted August 10, 2011

She is friendly, helpful and on time. Very pleasant and easy to talk to.

flag | Submitted August 3, 2011