Ratings for Dr. Darryl Young

They are a great team of knowledgable professionals

flag | Submitted December 1, 2016

reconstructive shoulder surgery last December and was golfing by June. I was given a 50/50 success rate due to damage, scarring, and age (69). Did physio at Carleton for six months and I'm stronger now than when I was 30.

flag | Submitted November 24, 2016

I had surgery one yr. ago to replace shoulder . Absolutely terrific. No pain. Followed instructions, did physio and now back to normal. Dr. Young is great!

flag | Submitted June 21, 2016

Had a shoulder surgery and it is 6 months but pain in the arm by the cut is there and the arm is not moving as it should? Visited few times and was told that it may take a year. NOT very confident with the post surgery check up by doctor

flag | Submitted March 24, 2016

The best surgeon ever!!!! I saw him as a second opinion was a night and day diagnosis from other surgeon. Had surgery now %100 pain free this man is an amazing caring surgeon. He is an example of how all surgeons should be. Thanks Dr. Young!

flag | Submitted March 21, 2016

Professional. Great person. Treats patient with respect. Kind and caring.

flag | Submitted March 3, 2016

I've been involved in contact sports at elite levels for over 25 years and as a result, I have had to have surgery on my right knee, both hips and this time on my right shoulder (Labral tear repair and removal of bone chips). I am 44 years old and I don't heal or recover as quickly as I did in my youth... as is the case for us all. I was expecting a gruelling recovery with at least a week of agony and swelling. I could not believe the post-op results. I had absolutely no pain - none once the nerve block wore off; none when the required pain meds period ended; and did not have to take any other pain medication during the "take as needed" period. There was no swelling and, after 5 days, once the dressings and Steri-strips were removed, the incisions were so clean and small I couldn't even find the one at the back of my shoulder until I felt around. This was the dream surgery -- I'm at 6 weeks post-op and I am almost at 100%. I have to keep telling myself not to use the arm for lifting or reaching out as it is a 12-week recovery time. I've started physio and my therapist can't get over how incredibly well my shoulder is moving and recovering. Obviously Dr. Young knows what he's doing in there and doesn't damage the surrounding tissues as he gets it done. I will most-likely have to get my other shoulder done one day, and I will definitely be returning to Dr. Young.

flag | Submitted December 4, 2015

Doctor with good soft skills and hope surgery too as I am recovering, post surgery care in Queensway phsyio is not the best, they are just doing the minimum.

flag | Submitted November 11, 2015

Got there for my appointment and was in before scheduled time. I was looking for second opinion and Dr Young was really knowledgeable and explained some things to me. Final result - no surgery needed even though the other Dr I saw before wanted to cut me open.

flag | Submitted October 23, 2015

Dr. Young did surgery on my shoulder: he re-attached a 95% torn rotator cuff tendon, in 2014. The injury, caused by a fall, was keeping me up at nights and seriously interfering with getting things done around the house, and doing sports. He is knowledgeable, good at explaining, and patiently answered all my questions. He is a very skillful surgeon: Within 9 months of the surgery, and by following the required physiotherapy rehabilitation exercises consistently, complete functioning returned to my shoulder. I can do all the things I could before the injury, including weights in the gym and cross country skiing. He does have a very busy office, and his admin, while very professional in her interactions with me, comes across as a bit rushed, which she probably is.

flag | Submitted August 14, 2015