Ratings for Dr. Darryl Young

Dr. Young has done both of my shoulders, both showing excellent results. He is extremely knowledgeable, calm, and competent. I would recommend him to anyone. An absolute gentleman of a man.

flag | Submitted October 13, 2017

I underwent elbow surgery performed by Dr. Darryl Young at the Kemptville Hospital. In less than 2 weeks I was able to resume many activities and after approximately a month I was back to 99%. I am happy to say that now, after 4 months, I hardly remember that I had this procedure done, except for all the improvements I have experienced. I had a number of broken bone fragments, grinding, pain, stability issues and a restricted range of motion prior to the surgery. I highly recommend Dr. Darryl Young, his team and the Kemptville Hospital.

flag | Submitted September 26, 2017

I recently underwent an operation for my right shoulder by Dr. Darryl Young. Dr Young is a highly skilled specialist committed to the successful recovery of his patient, for example he provided all along information and ensured that I understood it. Dr Young is a very genuine and caring medical professional. He is a model for the medical profession. I went from pain to no pain; from daily limitations of the right shoulder to almost total recovery (a few months more of exercise and it will be a total recovery). His willingness to undertake the operation of my shoulder, has given me the possibility to get back to normal and to pursue my regular life and ambitions. Finally, of mention is an efficient office administration and the Kempville Hospital's great staff.

flag | Submitted September 6, 2017

After a second shoulder surgery for a myriad of problems including a torn labrum, Dr Young reattached the labrum, removed calcium and fixed the rotator cuff (again). According to Dr Young it was going to be a major procedure requiring 6 weeks imobalized followed by extensive therapy. It was all accomplished without an invasive opening of the shoulder, pain tolerable and the outcome so far is almost like having a new shoulder. He explains everything he'll do in detail, great bedside matters and post surgery care. Would go back to see him anytime. Office staff very efficient and Kemptville Hospital staff second to none. Highly recommended. An added bonus is the minimal wait time to get a surgery date.

flag | Submitted May 10, 2017

The only good that came of my breaking my wrist was being left in the great hands of Dr. Young at the Queensway Carleton! He and his staff put me back together again, and I am so, so grateful!

flag | Submitted February 2, 2017

They are a great team of knowledgable professionals

flag | Submitted December 1, 2016

reconstructive shoulder surgery last December and was golfing by June. I was given a 50/50 success rate due to damage, scarring, and age (69). Did physio at Carleton for six months and I'm stronger now than when I was 30.

flag | Submitted November 24, 2016

I had surgery one yr. ago to replace shoulder . Absolutely terrific. No pain. Followed instructions, did physio and now back to normal. Dr. Young is great!

flag | Submitted June 21, 2016

Had a shoulder surgery and it is 6 months but pain in the arm by the cut is there and the arm is not moving as it should? Visited few times and was told that it may take a year. NOT very confident with the post surgery check up by doctor

flag | Submitted March 24, 2016

The best surgeon ever!!!! I saw him as a second opinion was a night and day diagnosis from other surgeon. Had surgery now %100 pain free this man is an amazing caring surgeon. He is an example of how all surgeons should be. Thanks Dr. Young!

flag | Submitted March 21, 2016