Ratings for Dr. Darryl Young

I read feedback and ratings on Dr. Young and he certainly lived up to the billing. I have never had surgery before and was incredibly anxious, his calm demeanour, his empathy and his ability to listen and explain in detail made my surgery and recovery a breeze. This rating should not just be about Dr. Young mind you as the whole surgical team and the Kemptville hospital nurses were simply incredible. Thank you for hand holding me and making me laugh through the whole experience

flag | Submitted April 11, 2018

He works out of the Queensway Carleton hospital. I went there in hopes nothing was broke on my left leg. Unfortunately after the normal 8 hours of waiting at this hospital, found out I have a broken tibia and completely tore my acl. When this doctor finally came to see me, he sent me home handing me his card for his private practice! On the card he wrote to contact his office in 2 weeks. OMG! So for 3 weeks, I've been suffering since the injury. He told me a completely torn acl doesn't require surgery at least not now... Called his office and got an extremely rude woman on the phone saying I've called too many days early. The worst. Trying to find a competent surgeon that can actually help me from the pain that I'm in.

flag | Submitted April 8, 2018

Fantastic, that's what I say. Very good doctor. Normally surgeons or specialists have attitude. Not this guy . Very nice guy and is good at his job.

flag | Submitted January 26, 2018

Dr Young saw me shortly after my referral. He took the time to explain me the problems related to my injury. He is a good listener, he understood my pain and limitations. My rotator cuff couldn't be fixed , he was very professional dealing with the long term disability forms. My only regret is not having been referred sooner.

flag | Submitted January 9, 2018

Dr. Young is the most compassionate, relatable and dedicated doctor you could ever have. He makes time for you and answers your questions at whatever level you need. From an unfortunate slip on black ice while jogging, I had a very complicated and uncommon shoulder break with both a torn labrum and torn rotator cuff tendon. He did multiple surgeries for me until I had 100% motion restored. He understood what it meant for me to be an active person and went above and beyond, including openly consulting with other doctors to find the best solution. With his guidance and inspiration, as well as the help of some amazing physical therapists, I am happy to say I am back running, swimming, skating, mountain biking, hot yoga and any other activity I could do before my fall. I would never wish a shoulder injury on anyone, but if you have one, I think Dr. Young is your best surgeon in Ottawa.

flag | Submitted December 10, 2017

Very punctual and accommodating. He explained the procedure done on my elbow and his appointments were on time, which is a nice change!

flag | Submitted November 28, 2017

Dr. Young is an amazing doctor - friendly and knowledgeable. He is always willing to take the time to explain what needs to be done and why. Colleen, his receptionist (and right hand), is caring and compassionate and, despite the hectic clinic, takes the time to make you feel that you are being heard. I wouldn’t recommend anyone else.

flag | Submitted November 7, 2017

Dr. Young has done both of my shoulders, both showing excellent results. He is extremely knowledgeable, calm, and competent. I would recommend him to anyone. An absolute gentleman of a man.

flag | Submitted October 13, 2017

I underwent elbow surgery performed by Dr. Darryl Young at the Kemptville Hospital. In less than 2 weeks I was able to resume many activities and after approximately a month I was back to 99%. I am happy to say that now, after 4 months, I hardly remember that I had this procedure done, except for all the improvements I have experienced. I had a number of broken bone fragments, grinding, pain, stability issues and a restricted range of motion prior to the surgery. I highly recommend Dr. Darryl Young, his team and the Kemptville Hospital.

flag | Submitted September 26, 2017

I recently underwent an operation for my right shoulder by Dr. Darryl Young. Dr Young is a highly skilled specialist committed to the successful recovery of his patient, for example he provided all along information and ensured that I understood it. Dr Young is a very genuine and caring medical professional. He is a model for the medical profession. I went from pain to no pain; from daily limitations of the right shoulder to almost total recovery (a few months more of exercise and it will be a total recovery). His willingness to undertake the operation of my shoulder, has given me the possibility to get back to normal and to pursue my regular life and ambitions. Finally, of mention is an efficient office administration and the Kempville Hospital's great staff.

flag | Submitted September 6, 2017