Ratings for Dr. Darryl Young

Dr Young saw me shortly after my referral. He took the time to explain me the problems related to my injury. He is a good listener, he understood my pain and limitations. My rotator cuff couldn't be fixed , he was very professional dealing with the long term disability forms. My only regret is not having been referred sooner.

flag | Submitted January 9, 2018

Dr. Young is the most compassionate, relatable and dedicated doctor you could ever have. He makes time for you and answers your questions at whatever level you need. From an unfortunate slip on black ice while jogging, I had a very complicated and uncommon shoulder break with both a torn labrum and torn rotator cuff tendon. He did multiple surgeries for me until I had 100% motion restored. He understood what it meant for me to be an active person and went above and beyond, including openly consulting with other doctors to find the best solution. With his guidance and inspiration, as well as the help of some amazing physical therapists, I am happy to say I am back running, swimming, skating, mountain biking, hot yoga and any other activity I could do before my fall. I would never wish a shoulder injury on anyone, but if you have one, I think Dr. Young is your best surgeon in Ottawa.

flag | Submitted December 10, 2017

Very punctual and accommodating. He explained the procedure done on my elbow and his appointments were on time, which is a nice change!

flag | Submitted November 28, 2017

Dr. Young is an amazing doctor - friendly and knowledgeable. He is always willing to take the time to explain what needs to be done and why. Colleen, his receptionist (and right hand), is caring and compassionate and, despite the hectic clinic, takes the time to make you feel that you are being heard. I wouldn’t recommend anyone else.

flag | Submitted November 7, 2017

Dr. Young has done both of my shoulders, both showing excellent results. He is extremely knowledgeable, calm, and competent. I would recommend him to anyone. An absolute gentleman of a man.

flag | Submitted October 13, 2017

I underwent elbow surgery performed by Dr. Darryl Young at the Kemptville Hospital. In less than 2 weeks I was able to resume many activities and after approximately a month I was back to 99%. I am happy to say that now, after 4 months, I hardly remember that I had this procedure done, except for all the improvements I have experienced. I had a number of broken bone fragments, grinding, pain, stability issues and a restricted range of motion prior to the surgery. I highly recommend Dr. Darryl Young, his team and the Kemptville Hospital.

flag | Submitted September 26, 2017

I recently underwent an operation for my right shoulder by Dr. Darryl Young. Dr Young is a highly skilled specialist committed to the successful recovery of his patient, for example he provided all along information and ensured that I understood it. Dr Young is a very genuine and caring medical professional. He is a model for the medical profession. I went from pain to no pain; from daily limitations of the right shoulder to almost total recovery (a few months more of exercise and it will be a total recovery). His willingness to undertake the operation of my shoulder, has given me the possibility to get back to normal and to pursue my regular life and ambitions. Finally, of mention is an efficient office administration and the Kempville Hospital's great staff.

flag | Submitted September 6, 2017

After a second shoulder surgery for a myriad of problems including a torn labrum, Dr Young reattached the labrum, removed calcium and fixed the rotator cuff (again). According to Dr Young it was going to be a major procedure requiring 6 weeks imobalized followed by extensive therapy. It was all accomplished without an invasive opening of the shoulder, pain tolerable and the outcome so far is almost like having a new shoulder. He explains everything he'll do in detail, great bedside matters and post surgery care. Would go back to see him anytime. Office staff very efficient and Kemptville Hospital staff second to none. Highly recommended. An added bonus is the minimal wait time to get a surgery date.

flag | Submitted May 10, 2017

The only good that came of my breaking my wrist was being left in the great hands of Dr. Young at the Queensway Carleton! He and his staff put me back together again, and I am so, so grateful!

flag | Submitted February 2, 2017

They are a great team of knowledgable professionals

flag | Submitted December 1, 2016