Ratings for Dr. Joseph Coffey

Get his nurses to do all the diagnosis?? Second time I went to his clinic he never even saw me - which is crazy. Misdiagnosed my skin condition and prescribed extremely irritating products. I would never go back to this doctor - seems to care more about the money than diagnosing his patients and caring for them properly.

flag | Submitted January 19, 2017

I'm not generally one to complain - however, I have had an absolutely AWFUL experience with this doctor. Dr. Coffey misdiagnosed my skin condition from the very beginning and unnecessarily put me on high doses of steroids. Every time I went back to his clinic and was in complete agony, his nurse would refuse to let me see him, she was the only person I could ask my questions. She was so in-compassionate and made me feel like everything I was asking was stupid! I mentioned I was having trouble sleeping and her solution was to prescribe me an anti-depressant - for a skin condition!! Avoid this doctor at all costs!!!

flag | Submitted January 7, 2017

Great doctor, to say the least. Knows what he is doing. An equally wonderful staff. I would not hesitate to recommend this doctor to anyone.

flag | Submitted November 9, 2016

I can't begin to express how strongly I would encourage people to stay away from Dr. Coffey. I was prescribed a medication last year to help with a severe case of unexplained hives/facial swelling (chronic idiopathic urticaria). The drug has been providing me with relief for a year and I have been able to return to my normal life. I missed an appointment with Dr. Coffey this Fall as the notification for the appointment was left on a voicemail of a phone number that is no longer mine. As I missed this appointment, I had to return to my family doctor to get another referral. I followed through with this and the referral was for 5 months down the road. I have been informed by the drug company that I am all out of medication for my injections and that I should talk to Dr. Coffey's office to have the prescription continue until my next appointment with him. Because of the ONE missed appointment, Dr. Coffey will not extend my prescription. This means that I will be coming off of the medication cold turkey and could potentially have another flare up. I understand patient bookings and punctuality and how they must be up-held but the fact that this Doctor would rather I suffer with another health flare-up because of one missed appointment is disturbing to me. I have an appointment with my family doctor to be referred to someone else who hopefully has more compassion. This is the straw that broke the camel's back for me as I found him to be dismissive and rushed each time I met with him.

flag | Submitted October 25, 2016

Had my first visit at Dr. Coffey's office today. I've been struggling with adult acne for sometime now and have never had a more understanding, compassionate visit with a doctor. I left feeling hopeful and extremely informed. Can't wait to go back for my follow up and to start treatment!! Great staff as well. Seen a nurse at this office by the name of Allison I believe it was and she was such a nice person! Highly recommend this office.

flag | Submitted October 13, 2016

Staff are amazing and I am very thankful I got the opportunity to be seen by him because he was the best .

flag | Submitted September 28, 2016

....smart and knowledgeable....explains things very well ....personal and professional service...

flag | Submitted May 19, 2016

Dr. Coffey was very punctual and he definitely seemed to know what he was doing. He was very friendly and so was the staff, overall I had a good experience there.

flag | Submitted May 14, 2016

Both Dr Coffee and staff very pleasant and very helpful. My son and I both felt relived to have diagnosis and steps for treatment.

flag | Submitted May 9, 2016

A very arrogant, disrespectful man who only cares about his pay cheque, not his patients.

flag | Submitted February 18, 2016