Ratings for Dr. Joseph Coffey

The doctor is by far, the worst I've ever seen,. First of all, I am berated for having made an appointment with the clinic that was assigned for surgeries only, even though the staff had done the booking. I didn't even know what he was talking about. Secondly, he barely looked at my skin and as I was leaving, he proceeded to lecture me yet again and I quote "Remember, don't come back to this clinic again". He is the most arrogant, disrespectful and condescending individual I have ever had the displeasure of meeting. Do yourself a favour and get a referral to another dermatologist.

flag | Submitted September 27, 2017

Can not understate how rude and arrogant this physical is. Left feeling horrible. Avoid at all costs.

flag | Submitted September 27, 2017

First time visit ... everything moved along in a timely manner ... prepped by nurse and then Dr Coffey had a discussion with me ... identified problem areas on my skin and explained in a very detailed manner the problems that over exposure to sun causes .. left me with printed info and instructions for a return appt .. the nurse returned and did the procedure which was very routine . I read the reviews here and was starting to get a little concerned about what I read ... my visit dismissed these concerns ... I went for an "appointment " not a chat so was very please with the staff, punctuality, informative literature I was given and treatments. In and out in about 25 mins ... excellent !!!

flag | Submitted August 10, 2017

This doctor is horrible. My impression, from the last several times I have seen him, is that he is mostly concerned with the cosmetic side of his business and not very interested in patients who have skin issues. He is arrogrant with a self inflated ego that made me nauseous. To top it off, none of his treatments worked. Makes sense I guess considering he was only in the room with me for 10 seconds!

flag | Submitted July 14, 2017

Been going for over a year for a Minor issue, seen him once,followed all his instructions,since given by his nursing staff,,treatment is still not working. I've had mix up on dates on behalf of the secretary's error. Showed up and no appointment there. Terrible experience overall, I will be looking for a new doctor,considering even once your a patient of his it's still hard to get to speak with him directly.

flag | Submitted June 14, 2017

The only good thing about visiting Dr. Coffey was the punctuality of the clinic. He prescribed me a medication I was already on, despite having my medical conditions and medications on file. When I told him I was already on it, his suggestion was to "Just take two." So, of course, I ran out before I should and my prescription couldn't be covered. Because he was too lazy to write--er, print--another prescription. Then, I waited 8 weeks to see him again, while waiting for a huge, ugly, infected biopsy site to heal and having blood tests done (which had already been completed not a week before, as I told him, but he refused to listen). Dr. Coffey prescribed me a medication that is $2,000 per dose, which he knew. I am a student with a $2,000 annual maximum. That's obviously not going to work. When I expressed concern about the medication not being covered, he said that the drug company would cover the rest. That was B.S... I checked with the company. I asked about drug interactions and mentioned other concerns, and his only suggestion was to wait to speak with the Drug company's nurse. He wouldn't help me at all. When I was there, I asked him if there was any other option, for when the coverage is refused, and he said "There's *this drug* and *that drug* but you would have to have blood, urine, and bone marrow tests every 6 to 8 weeks because they do such major damage on your kidney, liver, etc." But he said to talk tot he company's nurse and if it couldn't be covered to let him know. Oh great, thanks. Now I'm back at square one. 6 months of a condition, increased prednisone and two other medications, and I still haven't even had an allergy test. Now I need to go back to my family doctor for a referral to another dermatologist. I have never been less satisfied with a doctor that I am with Doctor Coffey. The fact that he is allowed to operate that clinic, where his nurses do EVERYTHING and he allows only 5 minutes per patient, if any at all, is unbelievable. IF your doctor gives you a dermatological referral, refuse to see Dr. Coffey. He is the worst.

flag | Submitted June 8, 2017

I saw doctor Coffey about a month ago and he told me if my condition flared up again to call and he would see me in a week told me it was a commitment.My condition flared up again and I called his front desk person was down right nasty Told me to call in 2 weeks! I told her I needed to see him and his commitment to me but to no avail... told me go to emergency ...Really unprofessional and a stain on a good clinic.

flag | Submitted June 7, 2017

Good doctor had lots of time to examine and explain..Printed me up info about my condition and what I needed to do.Great visit

flag | Submitted May 17, 2017

Horrible Doctor! More like a prison then a clinic. Everything ran on strick time frame & gets his nurses to do all the work while he gets paid the big bucks. Never see this doctor again.

flag | Submitted April 7, 2017

He doesn't see his patients. His nurses are the ones dealing with most patients. On my first visit I was brought into a room to wait. I saw 2 prescriptions for me on the table ready to go before I even spoke to anyone about my issue. The nurse came in and asked what's wrong, I told her and she gave me the prescriptions that where all ready printed up.

flag | Submitted April 7, 2017