Ratings for Dr. Carlos E. Alvarez

Is a wonderful Doctor. Very humanitarian I saw him and I told them I didnot have insurance. Did not charge me a penny

flag | Submitted January 15, 2012

My internist sent me for a colonoscopy because I was suffering from anemia. The doctor wrote the code for a routine exam. The radiologist's bill was not paid because of the diagnosis. The internist sent a follow-up letter and made a phone call and yet the doctor refused to change the diagnosis.Even the insurance company was on my side on this one and called the office twice to have him revisit the diagnosis. The hospital bill was covered by insurance because they eventually changed the diagnostic code themselves. I have been paying $5.00 a month for 2 years. I still owe $415.00 -- money I can ill afford to spend due to a doctor's hubris and stubbornness. This is the same doctor, who when I went the very first time for an actual routine exam, wrote that I had blood in my stool so the insurance would pay for it. I would not recommend this doctor at all--his billing practices are questionable.

flag | Submitted June 23, 2011

Dr. Carlos E. Alvarez's Credentials

• Spanish

• Univ De El Salvador, Fac De Med, San Salvador, El Salvador (Grad. 1972)

Providence