Ratings for Dr. Geoff McDonald

I saw Geoff McDonald for a short duration. I thought that he is an outstanding clinician and an extremely nice man. His therapy is primarily cognitive behavioural and he's a leading expert in substance abuse matters. I highly recommend him

flag | Submitted May 15, 2017

A wonderful professional doctor who has great rapport and would never be rude or arrogant or conceited. This is completely inappropriate to post a comment about him after one day during a hospital admission when you were clearly unwell. He has been my treatment physician for over a year and although we are doing really well we keep in touch and his help has been amazing. He give you the independence and belief that you can make your self better and hopefully well again.

flag | Submitted September 19, 2016

Geoff is kind of great. He's extremely professional and knowledgeable. He'll respond with empathy and compassion without letting you be completely self-indulgent, a quality that is often overlooked but essential if one is to be a good doctor. I would be hard pressed finding a better psychiatrist.

flag | Submitted September 19, 2016

Incredible psychiatrist, really listens to you and works with you to be on the best medication possible. Highly recommended. Also helps you understand your diagnosis to make sure when symptoms reappear you know exactly want to do and what medication to take. Would continue using this phychiatrist in the future. If episodes reappear.

flag | Submitted June 12, 2016

I was treated by Dr McDonald after being admitted with mania. He was very rude and arrogant. I don't remember much of the first day but my mum told me she was shocked by how he dealt with me and how conceited he was. Whenever I tried to say anything, he would just speak over me and say "you're obviously very sedated, don't try to say anything." I've never written a review before, but I've also never seen this much disdain in a psychiatric doctor - or any doctor. Myself and my family were going through an extremely traumatic time and Dr McDonald showed no empathy. I truly hope that this is a one off and that the other reviews better reflect this doctor's usual practice - but his involvement made my treatment very difficult so I felt compelled to say something.

flag | Submitted November 18, 2015

The best psychiatrist!Dr Geoff is very practical and sensible. He won't jump to a diagnosis or prescribe medication too quickly. He really listens to you and is open to conversation about treatment.

flag | Submitted July 9, 2015

He is the best, I have been seeing him for close to 7 years. He is a true professional, I owe my life to him what else can I say?

flag | Submitted December 19, 2013