Dr. John O'Mahony

5 1 3.8

You may also like

Rate Dr. John O'Mahony

Dr. John O'Mahony's Ratings

Dr. O'Mahony does an OK kinda job when you are in there, but none of my family's visits have felt like this is someone really that engaged in ensuring we got really great care.

Add to this a really poor level of responsiveness in terms of booking appointments etc (hard to get through on the phone, can't leave messages, they won't return calls, can't book online, poor record keeping re booked appointments, often closed) and you have a sub-standard service overall.

Honestly I feel like they just want to try that hard to please their patients, and can only get away with it because its hard to find decent care elsewhere in Sarnia.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2904837].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 25, 2015

Very professional. Prompt when addressing problems. Even though he seems rushed, he listens. Staff are very helpful. He's great with my kids too.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2805959].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted May 13, 2015

Excellent Dr who takes the time to assess and then help or refer. Both my wife and I are very impressed. We are blessed to have such a wonderful Dr in Sarnia.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2758145].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted March 25, 2015

dr O'Mahony is amazing Dr oh tho his listening skills need a proving he was my Delvery dr and I was impressed with him I had a ruff delivery but he was with me to start and finish. He knew my baby was in destress but he did everything he could and when he was born he didn't cry at frist then I looked at the window and omost cried my eyes out his foucous was on my son and me and after about a couple of mins he cried and he come to vist everyday he gave me all his numbers my kids just love him my baby smiles everytime he see him and my oldest son give him hugs he gave him a huge back this Dr is buy far hands down the best Dr of all time . He even see U at the er if UR his patinet . Some days are better then other he always seem to be a rush he needs to just slow down a bit and listen

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2730247].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Feb. 21, 2015

Our family personal experience was above & beyond excellent...we r not even his patients but took our baby for circumsition and he notice the baby was had a very low weight, he took the time to advise us about the situation & refer to a paediatrician, even when to the hospital to visit and all I can say is we had seen several medical drs/ nurses & no one was that DEDICATED to the well being of our newborn baby....it's all about that little extra care, compassion & what he is a good doctor...in this very busy world..nothing perfect but he was that day

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2712467].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Feb. 6, 2015

Can never get through on the phone. You have to show up at the office to make an appointment. Lots of frustrated patients. Long wait times.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2700637].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 28, 2015

Dr. O'Mahony is a good doctor and has always met my needs. Getting an appointment to see him is another issue; the phone always goes to voice mail and you have to call back until someone answers. A simple solution of multiple lines and putting people on hold will go a long way to improving patient satisfaction.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2680299].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 12, 2015

Dr. J. O'Mahony has been nothing short of amazing to me, and my family. His staff is also very friendly, and you feel very comfortable going into their office. John will take the time to answer any question you have in his office, or by phone. He is great with children, as he has several of his own. He helped us deliver our 3rd child and was incredible. He provides several phone numbers to contact him directly for any concerns in your pregnancy and time for your delivery. The phone is an issue. Its hard to get through, but when you do I have always found his staff helpful and very kind. The nurses that have taken us back to the rooms and review things with us are incredible. Especially with our kids. Unfortunately we usually are waiting 30-45 minutes to get back to a room and I don`t like that you have to pay for parking. Even with those troubles its work it to have him as our Doctor.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2679331].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 11, 2015

Currently there is a turnover of staff which seems to affect their time management skills. The absolute worst is the phone! If the office opens at 9 a.m. DO NOT expect to get in touch with anyone until maybe 11 a.m. and then if you're put on hold, it will automatically disconnect after ~3 minutes. Dr. John's skills may be superb, and he may not really care that he's so busy, but he should know some of us are looking elsewhere as to a complete full-service from front end to back end and answering the phone (or hiring additional staff to do so) should be front and center.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2673133].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 6, 2015

Very unprofessional. They were taking new patients, so I filled out a registration form. The staff was rude and not at all helpful, and told me I would have to wait a week to get a callback on whether or not I was "accepted" (I didn't realize healthcare was an elite club or popularity contest all of the sudden, I always assumed the health of all people was important and that they took an oath to help all people, regardless of status/circumstance). I filled out the form and they asked if I had a current doctor, and I told them no (as I just left my previous doctor) but mentioned who my previous doctor was. I explained that I was very unhappy with my previous doctor because of his lack of knowledge, unprofessionalism and the fact that he only gives out drugs and doesn't care about anything else. First of all, why is it their business why I left my previous doctor? Don't we all have the right to healthcare in this country? Long story short - I was discriminated against because I left my previous doctor (who he knows well) and had no doctor to go to. Not only did they not call back in a week, they just never called back at all. I left them several messages asking about the status of my application, with no response. Almost every single time I called, no one answered the phone or it was busy, so I had to keep on trying. When I did finally reach a rude staff member, she told me I hadn't been accepted. I asked why and she attempted to divert the question, answering vaguely, "Dr. O'Mahony will not be accepting you at this time." I told them it was ridiculous and bias (because I obviously knew why I had been declined - because of his personal relationships with the other doctor), and I asked her if this was their standard practice to just ignore applicants, not even having the courtesy to let them know they haven't been accepted, when they wait over a week for a call-back. She responded some snappy comment, and I said thanks for nothing.

Awful - I would never recommend anyone to go to this doctor. Clearly unprofessional, rude and discriminatory. Not able to separate personal emotions from business and the health of his (potential) patients.

Was this rating useful? 3 [[ userState['ratings'][2576601].votes_count ]]