Ratings for Dr. John O'Mahony

Simply the best medical team in Sarnia if not Ontario. Serious experience and very reliable team. Highly recommend

flag | Submitted June 17, 2016

Could not show up or even call for after hours clinic. Left sick people of all ages waiting for nothing. Absolute joke with no professional conduct. Simple phone call?

flag | Submitted May 25, 2016

Dr. O'Mahony has been an excellent doctor to both me and my son. He was excellent as my OB and answered all my questions but still always had his sense of humour which always helped me relax. His staff remember you and are so friendly, they always take the time to listen to you as does John. I had some complications after I had my son and he was always there to help, sending me for an ultrasound and running tests. He has been great with my son and always listens to my concerns and he will always see him right away if I call for an appointment. I agree the wait times can be terrible but I feel as if it's worth it.

flag | Submitted May 1, 2016

I have been with Dr Omahony for over 2 years now and I can see that he has an extremely busy office but I have not felt that has taken away from the quality of care I have been getting from him. He makes himself very approachable in the office and often brings humour to what is usually uncomfortable circumstances. I have actually poked fun at him about him and his iPad in the exam rooms and he sat beside me and showed that he is accessing my chart via his device. I find his entire team works wonderfully together and create a great atmosphere to make you feel comfortable in vulnerable situations. The wait times occasionally can be long but it is very worth it as he will address all your concerns in one appointment. As for the last patients comments about starting off a conversation with “whats up”, this I find very disarming and helps me open up when he is so familiar and using normal lingo. Dr. OMahony you are great! Don’t change!!

flag | Submitted April 15, 2016

When a doctor enters a room and starts out by saying 'what's up' then you know he wants you to hurry up and get out. Dr. John O'Mahony never comes in without an entourage and a laptop and his attention is engaged in either the girl working the computer or the associate he's training plus his laptop. Rarely looks the patient in the eye even when you're trying to explain your symptoms. Perhaps it's because he's overwhelmed and stretched too thin but it's a terrible statement with regard to patient care which should be foremost. He does not hesitate to order specific tests nor to refer you to specialists - just wish he would be more attentive when I am face-to-face with him during my semi-annual visits.

flag | Submitted April 11, 2016

I am very grateful to have Dr. O'Mahony as my doctor. I just moved to Sarnia and then my husband passed away and he was very kind and took me as a patient. He is very attentive in the office and addresses all my concerns. It's a busy office, but much better compared to others. The staff are excellent. I'm a senior and I feel he really cares and is concerned about my well being.

flag | Submitted March 1, 2016

Customer service is non existance. Answer phones when its convenient to them. YOu are only allowed to leave a message if its about something he can extra bill for. And they will never call you back if it isn't for that reason.

flag | Submitted December 22, 2015

Dr. O'Mahony was my OB and delivered my daughter he was so attentive and took time to answer all my questions (no matter how crazy they were) that I switch to him and made my parents switch as well. I lost my mother earlier this year to cancer and Dr OMahony visited her in the hospital..... He even made a special trip to the hospice to see her. I don't know any other Dr that would do that. I agree it's hard to get through on the phones to make appointments but it's worth it to have a Dr like him.

flag | Submitted December 11, 2015

I agree with the comment below. He's an okay doctor, but does not seem to be listening when you're in his office. He's always looking at his computer screen and never directly at me as a patient. I can't tell if he's getting all that I'm saying, recognizing my concern or not. I've personally had two ultrasounds recently, and didn't even meet with him to discuss what my concern was beforehand. Strange! It's almost impossible to get through on the phone lines, even when you're trying to return a call. Appointments are long waits, both in getting an appointment and when you're in the office. Always seems behind schedule. Seems to be dealing with more than one patient at a time, so he's in and out of the exam room constantly. I really don't agree with the fact that he's still taking new patients. Not with the wait times, and his being an ER doctor too. Even his staff has mentioned that his plate is just too full. I also agree that with the lack of doctors in the area, they feel like just doing the basics is enough....it has become not about the patient at all....just going through the motions.

flag | Submitted December 9, 2015

Dr. O'Mahony does an OK kinda job when you are in there, but none of my family's visits have felt like this is someone really that engaged in ensuring we got really great care. Add to this a really poor level of responsiveness in terms of booking appointments etc (hard to get through on the phone, can't leave messages, they won't return calls, can't book online, poor record keeping re booked appointments, often closed) and you have a sub-standard service overall. Honestly I feel like they just want to try that hard to please their patients, and can only get away with it because its hard to find decent care elsewhere in Sarnia.

flag | Submitted August 25, 2015