Ratings for Dr. Shilpa Shete

Dr. Shete has been compassionate, caring and professional with me. Her front office staff person (Karen?) is terrible. She has kept me standing waiting on her to finish her conversation with her co-worker and also made me feel as though I was interrupting her LUNCH while booking a follow up appointment. Definitely NOT a person that shied be supporting a mental health care physician!!

flag | Submitted April 27, 2017

Worst experience ever!!! Secretary is extremely rude, not warm or friendly. I walk in late, due to one of my many panic attacks I have been having, to see a psychiatrist that I have been waiting to see for over 3 months, for some very agressive mental issues to be told that because I was late I can no longer see her. All fine, I then ask her, in tears by this time because I am losing my mind and need help, what I should do now. Her response is, I don't know. Really? I don't know? Well can you maybe do your job and figure it out? Rude, insensitive and heartless to people whom are obviously there for some much needed help at one of the worst times in their life. I will never go back and will be filing a complaint with the mental health association regarding this matter.

flag | Submitted September 29, 2016

Dr. Shete is such s caring and wonderful Doctor. She has been there for me and I feel I have been blessef

flag | Submitted April 26, 2016

I have read the other comments and wonder if they are seeing a different physician than I am. I was referred to her by my family doctor, who said he highly regarded her. When I first met her, I found her to be empathetic, supportive and more than willing to work WITH me rather than just start medications. She referred me to a counselor that specializes in grief etc.....which has been tremendously helpful. I have found Dr. Shete to be nothing but sincere, prompt and professional.

flag | Submitted February 1, 2016

I saw this dr when I was newly pregnant and suffering from horrible anxiety and intrusive thoughts. I desperately needed some help and was referred to her. She basically told me I had no business having a baby because of my history with anxiety and that she would possibly report me to the police regarding the intrusive thoughts I was having. Anyone with psychiatric knowledge and eduction knows that intrusive thoughts are VERY common in pregnant and post partum women. Intrusive thoughts do NOT mean you are psychotic and do NOT mean you would ever carry out the actions behind them. I was horrified with her treatment of me and considered terminating my pregnancy and of suicide. Her meetings left me in an far worse place than I ever was prior to meeting her. If you are a pregnant woman, NEVER see this woman. She is highly unprofessional and severly lacks knowledge of mental health and pregnancy/post partum. I was also encouraged to report her to the College of Physicians by another psychiatrist. There are Reproductive Mental Health programs across the Lower Mainland, which are specifically for pregnant and post partum women. Please get a referral to this program and DO NOT see this "Doctor".

flag | Submitted November 25, 2015

Most unprofessional psychiatrist and doctor I have ever seen. Coming to her with anxiety and panic attacks, she was judgmental, provoked worse anxiety by passing judgment on my situation and making me second guess myself. She has no business working in this field if she cannot be supportive, regardless of situation. I have been encouraged to report her to College of Physicians by someone else working in the mental health field. Do not see this doctor. I have since found the most wonderful and empathetic, professional psychiatrist.

flag | Submitted August 10, 2014

flag | Submitted April 8, 2014

This dr. gave me two medications that interact badly with one another, causing heart problems. I didn't know this until I found a doctor that had time to care. Totally unimpressed.

flag | Submitted January 29, 2013

I've been seeing Dr Shete for almost 4 years. In that time we've tried numerous medications in order to to treat my condition (rapid cycling bipolar 1). Most of the medications have not helped much. However, that is not the fault of the physician, it's just how the meds work with my body. I like to research everything, she has never had a problem with me deciding to go off a medication, or trying a medication I have suggested. Also, I have read on here about her just writing prescriptions...that's her job. She isn't a therapist. I'm sure she wishes she had an hour a week to do psychotherapy with each patient, but she doesn't. She's a specialist in a field where there is a great lack of specialists. I think she has been very helpful, kind, and empathetic. She is a wonderful Doctor, and I hope to be her patient for as long as possible.

flag | Submitted January 14, 2013

I found her to be extremely moody, considering she treats people with mood disorder(bipolar) amongst other psychiatric problems. She appears very nice, but really does not help other than prescribe medications.She became extremely defensive when I was saw another specialist related to another neurological problem, not related to psychiatry, she bought it up on nearly every visit. I had papers from the Government which she was the only would who could fill out due to her knowledge about my health and she out right refused. She told me to go to my family Dr, which I don't have. So I went to a walk in clinic who refused to fill out the documentation as they had no information regarding my health history(and rightfully so). She was the only Dr who had all of my records. I really feel she is there to have a visit, as she likes to chat about irrelevant issues like houses and collects a paycheck, she can be late buy boy don't you be late or do anything wrong or she treats you like a child.

flag | Submitted March 7, 2012