Ratings for Dr. James A. Mavec

The assembly line should have been my first clue, Staff hurried and curt, The procedure (colonoscopy) felt like I was in a factory. After the doctor spoke to me for 90 seconds. I said the pictures looked great and he agreed although it was labeled as a polyp. I said that it didn't look like anything and he agreed. I was then given a bill for this "Free" procedure. Around $200... Dr. Mavec's lab is the only lab they use. This is a huge conflict of interest. I know of three others who have been to this facility for colonoscopies and each have had biopsies, with the charges associated. Not only is this a possible fraud but much more unethical considering the concern this must cause patients. DO NOT go here!

flag | Submitted June 18, 2014

Doesn't care about your needs/problems. Extremely rude and says things that doctor should not say, at least out-loud, in front of his patients, for example he said " I don't understand how a 300 lb person can be malnourished? Is it his speciality to find out how that happen? He is a GI doctor. Very unhelpful, unprofessional and rude!

flag | Submitted June 16, 2011

He is the most wonderful GI doctor. He cares about the patient and will do all he to ensure you can get the best care possible. If he is running late (which is very rare) his office will call you so you don't have to sit and wait. I highly recommend him.

flag | Submitted February 25, 2011

Dr. James A. Mavec's Credentials

• University Of Kansas School Of Medicine (Grad. 1989)