You may also like

Rate Dr. Danny Goel

Dr. Danny Goel's Ratings

Dr Goel repaired a tear in my rotator cuff. At all appointments, I found him caring, attentive and patient in answering my questions. Since the tear was small to medium, it was my decision whether or not to proceed with surgery at that time. Although the tear did not affect my daily activities, it limited my recreational activities. Surgery went well but even though I was dedicated to my post surgical exercises and physiotherapy, my recovery seemed very slow. Four months post surgery, I was very discouraged with my progress and wondered if I had made a mistake in having the surgery. Dr Goel told me to give it more time, continue my physio and exercises as due to the location of the tear, the healing process would be slower. He was right. After a full year, I was totally back to full movement and I am grateful for his knowledge and expertise. Something that I did find helpful and Dr Goel supported but had not recommended was that I had an expert massage therapist who helped me with my mobility. Although physio was necessary for the exercises, the massage therapy helped ease the stiffness. I am very happy that I had the surgery and that it was done by Dr Goel.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2876672].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted July 25, 2015

The staff is phenominal. Emily and Laura organize his world with efficiency and a level of professionalism that is quite rare.

Dr. Goel is a gentle and intelligent man. His approach is soft spoken and his explanations are detailed and very informative.

My MRI did not show the actual extent of my injuries. What was supposed to be an hour turned into hours.
He faced that challenge and operated with the optimum result for his client.
I appreciate this and I am thankful that he is such a great surgeon.

I went through a lot of surgeries before this one and I can say that for the first time I HAD NO PAIN
I am totally impressed with him and his team

I feel very lucky. I spent 2 months in a sling and am now doing physio

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2833938].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted June 10, 2015

My shoulder operation was very succelful at 5 months I was back playing tennis just hitting for now but the shoulder feels great . And sleeping great after 2 yrs of very poor sleep due to pain.
I have to drive a long way and it is difficult to time my arrival for follow up app. But Dr goel always fited me in if I was early he was brief to the point but always very caring and polite.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2791394].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted April 28, 2015

I went to see Dr. regarding my shoulder injury due to MVA,he was great. I walked away with a big smile. He was very kind and knowledgeable, took time to hear me out and issues I was having with regards to my injury. I highly recommend him.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2788163].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted April 24, 2015

Was referred to him from another specialist for some ICBC related injuries in my shoulder and collar bone. I had documentation from X-rays, CT scans and MRI scan detailing injuries plus 2 other doctors, 2 physiotherapists, and a chiropractor, all with opinions that I needed surgery. He welcomed me in and was, fairly polite at first, although more interested on when my ICBC case was going to be settled then in examining me or discussing my injuries, it is highly inappropriate to be asking about your settlement date before even examining a patient, if at all. He spent a total of 2 minutes maximum examining me then left me alone in the room for 10-15 minutes. He then proceeded to tell me that everyone was wrong and the scans and x-rays, as well as the radiologists, were all wrong and that I didn't really have any injuries. His suggestion for my extreme pain levels was to live with it. Gladly he is not the only surgeon I have seen, according to a doctor that will actually treat ICBC patients, I need 2 surgeries and they will need to be done separately, I had a 15-20 minute exam the other dr, they never left the room and were very interested in what caused the pain, as well they did not even ask about settlement dates, but did ask about the actual accident to get a better idea of what happened to me. I find it very ridiculous that a doctor, like Goel, will treat patients in such a way, lie to them, and still take the money from the government for seeing you, when they have no intentions of helping you. He's not the only one as 2 hand surgeons did the same to me. Very unethical and extremely hypocritical, not really the hypocratic oath is it. I was severely injured and have been suffering for 5 years and still need 4-5 surgeries because of dr like him, they make you wait, make you think they will help, and as soon as you walk in the door they have no interest in you and they send you out as fast as possible.

Was this rating useful? 2 [[ userState['ratings'][2781113].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted April 18, 2015

Apart from being an extremely nice guy, he's also an incredibly gifted surgeon!
Doctor Danny Goel, repaired both my left and my right shoulder. Both of which had a completely detached Supraspinatus Tendon. With each surgery, I had very little pain and swelling. I'm very physically active, I weight train as well X-Train and have been practicing Martial Arts for 25 plus years. I work as a performer in the film industry and play a lot of physically demanding roles. My right shoulder was repaired first and is now at 100%. It has only been seven weeks since my left shoulder's surgery, but it's out of the sling and healing rapidly as I enter my first week of physio. Dr. Goel has been awesome throughout this whole journey and I'd highly recommend him and his staff to anyone! I'm very excited to be getting my life back and am looking forward to resuming where I left off...I can't wait. Thanks Doc!!!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2712900].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Feb. 7, 2015

He did a great job on my shoulder . He gave me 95 percent repair and at my age of 70 this is awesome

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2709594].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Feb. 4, 2015

He told wcb that my shoulder injury was just a strain and it will be better in 6to8 weeks but it's been 8 months and it has not gotten better. He looked at me and moved my arm a few times then said it's turner sysdrom. About 10 ppl in the world have this problem and I'm not one of them. I could tell you few other things but im sick talking about this so called doctor. Wcb had has goel in there pocket

Was this rating useful? 3 [[ userState['ratings'][2632701].votes_count ]]

Submitted Nov. 25, 2014

Terrible doctor. I went to see him about my shoulder and was instantly told it was just a strain. It has been months with no improvement and now he is too busy to see me. The amount of corruption with this "Dr" and WBC is incredible.

Was this rating useful? 4 [[ userState['ratings'][2624348].votes_count ]]

Submitted Nov. 18, 2014

Dr Goel operated on my right shoulder , it was my 4th on that shoulder and the procedure was not a comon one but the success was excellent , he has to go back in and tweek a couple things but as a contractor who is self employed and the work is physical my outlook and confidence in Dr Goel is incredible. Thanks for alowing me to continue working in the trade I love.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2524741].votes_count ]]