You may also like

Ratings for Dr. Altaz Shajani

Great experience with Doctor Shajani. Here are the pros and cons of my visit: Cons: He He is hard to understand because he speaks too fast and uses various technical terms. His staff was not natural, it felt almost like they were trying to recite a script. The glasses are overpriced. I bought the most expensive glasses of my life there, and after leaving the office and doing some research, I saw that I spent too much on the glasses. Pros: Doctor Shajani is such a nice person and seems very knowledgeable. His team was always very courteous and my appointment was on time. My glasses look amazing and I see great. In summary, it was a very pleasant experience, but I feel they are charging way more than they should for what they offer. I am definitely returning, but I might not buy glasses from them anymore.

flag | Submitted January 10, 2016

If you want a so-so eye exam, DO NOT COME HERE! However, if you're looking for 5-star service, the latest in technology, awesome glasses and the most passionate Optometrist in BC (I've lived in Kelowna, Terrace, Nanaimo, East Van and -for the last 19 years- North Van), give your eyes a treat and come to Lynn Valley Optometry. These guys are the real deal. I'd love it if my GP offered my family 10% of the amazing service I get every time I see these guys. No, for real. I'm not a millennial so I am not too keen on reviews, but I thought "well these guys go above and beyond for my eyes, might as well do something out of my comfort zone for them as well". Highly highly recommended.

flag | Submitted December 8, 2015

Five star experience, much better than most 5-star hotels I have been to. The staff is incredible, and Dr Shajani is, well, not an optometrist. He's an optometric physician. I have never been given so much information about my health during one visit. It's been a few days since my last appointment there and I am still wowed. Highly, highly recommended.

flag | Submitted September 3, 2015

I would highly recommend Dr.Shajani and all his staff at Lynn Valley Optometry.

flag | Submitted May 15, 2015

Awesome experience with Dr. Shajani. He is a visionary. Highly recommended.

flag | Submitted November 19, 2014

I have travelled from the Yukon to see Dr. Shajani twice seeking help. Mine is a difficult case - blepharitis, dry eyes, dizziness, convergence, and finding progressive lenses that will work. Dr. Shajani has gone above and beyond trying to find a solution. He is very patient, caring, helpful and takes the time to explain procedures and answer any questions I have. I feel encouraged and hopeful having him as my optometrist. His whole team of staff are very friendly, supportive and accommodating. He runs an amazing practice - I have never experienced anything like it!

flag | Submitted October 13, 2014

I finally gave in and got new glasses - progressives. I can NOT believe how light they are and how well I can see! And you can not see that they are progressives. Dr. Shajani and his team have the best, most up to date equipment and really know what a patient needs. Their selection is top of the line and their delivery/service is way above anywhere else! After 10 years of procrastinating and looking around I am soooo glad I asked Dr. Shajani about glasses. They have been my contact lens provider for the last 20 years - all without a problem or complication - and I would not hesitate to recommend them for any optical need! Oh - convenient location, fun events/browsing and awesome coffee/snacks too!

flag | Submitted August 19, 2013

Without a doubt the best Optometrist. Dr. Shajani has provided my family with the very best care and has identified and remedied two very different issues with my children. One went through the vision therapy with exceptional results and the second now enjoys freedom from glasses and daily contacts with vision correction contacts that he wears at night. Dr. Shajani runs an excellent practice and is always patient and explains things so that it is easy to understand for both myself and my children.

flag | Submitted December 28, 2012

When I went to Dr Shajani, I was frustrated because my prescribed glasses did not seem to be helping my vision problems. He really listened to my concerns and suggested vision therapy. After a few months of therapy, I have strengthened my vision and am experiencing much less eye strain, headaches and dizziness. I appreciate all the special attention he gave me. Thanks!

flag | Submitted October 5, 2011

Right from the start, at Lynn Valley Optometry I felt that everyone really cared about me. They were warm and kind, the clinic is beautiful, and they even treated me to a nice coffee before my exam. Dr Shajani's exam was thorough and informative. He answered all my many questions, and even discussed special exercises I could do with my eyes to benefit my dyslexia. He really listened, and explained that my prescription could actually be decreased to sharpen my vision at work. Amazing! Dr Shajani was friendly, didn’t rush me, and made the whole experience enjoyable. He took special care to explain products that would work for me, and boy was he ever right. The lenses in my new glasses give me such excellent vision, I don’t take them on and off like I did with my old progressives, which were top of the line when I bought them. The staff were so much fun, carefully considering different fits and looks, and examining me from all angles to make sure they were perfect. Worth every penny!

flag | Submitted June 10, 2011

Dr. Altaz Shajani's Credentials

Updates

• A new 4.2-star rating has been posted. "Great experience with Doctor Shajani. Here are the pros and cons of my visit: Cons: He He is hard to understand because he speaks too fast and uses various tec..."

January 10, 2016
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "If you want a so-so eye exam, DO NOT COME HERE! However, if you're looking for 5-star service, the latest in technology, awesome glasses and the most passionate..."

December 8, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Five star experience, much better than most 5-star hotels I have been to. The staff is incredible, and Dr Shajani is, well, not an optometrist. He's an optometr..."

September 3, 2015
  • Website has been updated from "http://www.lynnvalleyoptometry.com" to "http://www.lynnvalleyoptometry.com/". Postal Code has been updated from "V7G1" to "V7J 0A1". Address has been updated from "None" to "1233 Lynn Valley Road". Phone Number has been updated from "None" to "16049879191".

June 3, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "I would highly recommend Dr.Shajani and all his staff at Lynn Valley Optometry. "

May 15, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Awesome experience with Dr. Shajani. He is a visionary. Highly recommended."

November 19, 2014
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "I have travelled from the Yukon to see Dr. Shajani twice seeking help. Mine is a difficult case - blepharitis, dry eyes, dizziness, convergence, and finding pro..."

October 13, 2014