Ratings for Dr. Shiva Jayaraman

I went to see Dr. Jayaraman to remove my gallbladder in April 2017. Subsequent to the surgery, I had a minor infection that my family and I learned can happen and is common after this surgery. The team was cautious keeping me at the hospital. During the entire time Dr. Jayaraman and his team were nothing but professional, courteous and helpful. Dr. Jayaraman is a top surgeon and should you have the privilege of having him as your surgeon, take advantage of the opportunity. Thank you again Dr. Jayaraman and team for your excellent work and care. All the best. Antonio Rocha

flag | Submitted June 25, 2017

I went to see Dr. Jayaraman following what was supposed to be a routine removal of my gallbladder, but in which the surgeon discovered a tumour on my gallbladder and a puncture in my small intestine. I was understandably terrified. Dr. Jayaraman scheduled me in to see him within 2 days and immediately put me at ease with his excellent manner and extensive knowledge. He booked me for an MRI in less than 24 hours after my appointment with him and then saw me again the next day. He had me admitted to the hospital and had my surgery complete within 48 hours of my MRI. Dr. Jayaraman saw me and my husband through every step of the process with patience and was always willing to answer any questions. Once my surgery was complete, he came to see me every morning and every evening until I was able to go home. I have never been so impressed with a doctor before. Dr. Jayaraman has an excellent bed side manner while maintaining a level of excellence in his work that is incredible. I will always rave about his work and my experience with him and would recommend him to anyone. Thank-you Dr. J! - Michelle L.

flag | Submitted May 30, 2017

It is with great pleasure to comment on RateMDs regarding Dr. S. Jayaraman . The minute I met Dr. Jayaraman in September 2016, I knew I was in good hands. As busy as he was, with a full waiting room of patients, he always took the time to explain what was going on in my body in a nice, friendly and knowledgeable manner. I never felt rushed. On February 22nd I had a large GIST (Gastrointestinal Stromal Tumour) removed by Dr. Jayaraman and he has given me a brand new start on life. I was placed on medication to shrink the tumour first before having open surgery. The gift Dr. Jayaraman has been given allowed him to remove part of my stomach, part of my pancreas and my spleen so it would not disturb the cancerous tumour. His technique in successfully removing the tumour was superlative. Once my surgery was over, Dr. Jayarama explained what he had done and communicated the results to my dear friends who were waiting for me at the hospital. I cannot thank him enough for saving my life. I have no regrets going through the surgery and my recovery has been amazing. Thank you so much, Dr. Jayaraman!!!! Sincerely, Carol O.

flag | Submitted March 14, 2017

I will forever be thankful to Dr. J and his team. They have prolonged my mother's life. He did a whipple surgery on her mid January and today she is like a new woman. Because of his amazing skill, knowledge and expertise she has had an amazing recovery. I am positive that Dr J was the best doctor to have for this very evasive surgery. Throughout the recovery, he was always available to ask questions. My mom has a new "leash" on life...thank you very much Dr J.

flag | Submitted March 3, 2017

My name is Sanjeev I was referred to Dr.shiva jayaraman by Dr.umesh Jain I have only praise for Dr.shiva ,my first meeting with Dr explained me everything and after a week on 16 th jan 2017 he fixed my surgery date,on my pre admission entire medical staff was very nice polite and all them praised Dr.shiva . The way Dr explained to me and family regarding my surgery,assured us we are in the best of best hands.dr is very polite,patience,my surgery is100 %successful because of Dr. Shiva The entire medical staff of 2nd floor post surgery recovery is very helpful never in rush talk with a smiling face cleaning staff ,they are the true messenger of God I recommend Dr.shiva highly capable and experienced surgeon

flag | Submitted February 7, 2017

Mere words can not explain the gratitude in my heart for this man who performed this complicated surgery (Whipple) on me in October. My wife and children are forever indebted to Dr. Jayaraman. His knowledge and skills are unsurpassed. I am forever grateful for having met the man. He prolonged my life!

flag | Submitted January 5, 2017

Just had another outstanding visit with Dr. Jayaraman....I have never met a more caring doctor....his office was really busy....everyone in the waiting room was talking about how great a doctor he is....and the longest anyone had to wait was less than 15 minutes....I really think the reason that I am here today is because of him....

flag | Submitted December 6, 2016

We have nothing but glowing praise for Dr. Jayaraman. He is truly exceptional! I was diagnosed with a very complicated liver tumor. Dr. Jayaraman squeezed me into his extremely busy schedule. He had been in surgery all day and had a full clinic. By the time he saw me with my daughter, it was well after 5 PM. He sat with us for 45 minutes, answering all of our questions and explaining everything to us in language that we could understand. He was honest about my situation without being brutal. He allowed us time to process the information that he provided and we had plenty of time for questions which he answered patiently and thoroughly. His knowledge is outstanding. He even took the time to draw diagrams to help us understand. Despite the near hopelessness of my situation, Dr. Jayaraman was never dismissive. In fact, he was "willing to give me the benefit of the doubt" despite my age and situation. After 3 months of other treatments, Dr. Jayaraman felt that I was able to undergo surgery. This saved my life! While I was recuperating in the hospital, he and his team came by every day to check on my progress. Dr. Jayaraman always took the time to address any questions or concerns that I or my family had. Dr. Jayaraman has many exceptional qualities. In addition to being an unbelievably skilled surgeon, he has fantastic bedside manner. He also worked in close cooperation with all of the other doctors involved in my treatments, even though they were in different cities! Although my children live far away, he was excellent at communicating with them as well. One of my daughter's is a doctor. Knowing the ins and outs of the medical profession, she was absolutely amazed by Dr. Jayaraman's skill, open and honest communication and sensitivity. I trusted Dr. Jayaraman with my life and he saved it! He is phenomenal! Thank you Dr. Jayaraman. Marilyn K.

flag | Submitted December 1, 2016

I was referred to Dr Jayaraman Aug 2016, and my whiple procedure was performed Sep 2016. I was scared and nervous about this procedure, Dr J explained the procedure to me and my family in detail. He answered all our questions with patience and understanding. While I recovered in the hospital for a week, Dr J and his team would check up on me daily. Every morning two or three doctors would come in and ask how I was feeling, or just talk to me. I am so grateful to Dr J and his team for the care they provided to me. I would recommend Dr J. because he is truly a great Doctor! Thank You Dr J

flag | Submitted November 11, 2016

Dr. Jayaraman performed an emergency operation on me August 2016, which saved my life. So this Thanksgiving, I am giving thanks to Dr. jAYARAMAN. His knowledge and skills as a surgeon, was nothing short of remarkable...his patience, his bedside manner and his compassion for helping people, will never be forgotten....After my operation he came in frequently to check up on me and to make sure I understood everything of what happened to me and why....he also spent a lot of time with my family explaining and answering all their questions. I overheard him giving my brother advice as to how to help me when I returned home. One of the issues was I had been smoking for 44 years. When he was talking to my brother, he had said after I had been in the hospital for a little less than a week, that I had to quit smoking, and that I was 90% there already....as I had not had a cigarette. I was probably at my lowest at that time, and came away feeling very hopeful...he also gave us a lot of other great advice, and yes I am still off of cigarettes. So technically, he saved my life not once, but twice! I just left his office last week for my post op appointment. He was such a great listener..since quitting smoking, I tend to talk really fast...he listened to all my concerns and gave me such encouragement and was so patient. He really changed my life. My family said that he was the best doctor they had ever met. So this Thanksgiving will be honoring Dr. Jayaraman. Cheers

flag | Submitted October 8, 2016