Ratings for Dr. Shiva Jayaraman

I had a Whipple in Nov. 2017 and everything went smoothly. I feel very fortunate to have had Dr. Jayaraman and his team perform the procedure. Being from the Windsor area could have been difficult but Dr. Jayaraman went out of his way to minimize my travel. I am lucky to have received the excellent care of Dr. Jayaraman and everyone at St. Joseph's Health Centre. My rating is 5 stars for everyting

flag | Submitted June 18, 2018

Submitted June 18, 2018

My mom was diagnosed with pancreatic cancer in Nov 2016. The prognosis was bad - 5% chance of survival. She was referred to Dr J to have whipple surgery to remove the cancer. The surgery happened Jan 2017. She recovered amazingly well and I am happy to report that she just had another clear cat scan. Dr J saved my mom's life - we are forever thankful.

flag | Submitted June 9, 2018

My issues began in September 2015. They were complex and I continued to have recurring issues. Each and every one was dealt with by Dr. J in a professional and understanding manner.He has a pretty good sense of humour as well! I feel UBER fortunate to have become his patient! I'm going for a check-up with him next week and I look forward to my visit as I do each time I see him - no matter what the news is! He's saved my life on a few occassions and I couldn't ask him for anything more!

flag | Submitted April 6, 2018

In February 2016, after a stomach surgery in a hospital in Scarborough, my intestine was leaking and resulted in severe infection and septicemia. I was even in ICU for more than 10 days without consciousness. Then I was transferred to Dr. Jayaraman in June, 2016. Since my duodenum was leaking, the liquid coming out through the drain reached 1400 ml in one day time. At that time, I thought I was dying. But after Dr. Jayaraman gave me a series of surgeries and treatments, I am recovered now. I appreciate Dr. Jayaraman for saving my life. He is the most excellent surgeon I have in my life.

flag | Submitted March 19, 2018

I was fortunate to have been referred to Dr. Jayaraman for a consultation and subsequent surgery re a complicated gallbladder issue involving the liver, bowel and duodenum. After my consultation visit I had every confidence that he would be able to resolve my problem. My recent surgery was an overwhelming success—and after a one-week stay in hospital and another week in Toronto—I am delighted to be back home recovering in Thunder Bay! Dr. Jayaraman’s skills, professionalism and bedside manner are exceptional! I feel blessed to have had such an excellent and competent surgeon treat my complicated condition. Thank you, Dr. Jayaraman! Stella S.

flag | Submitted January 28, 2018

Explained what was happening and didn’t rush us out of his office. Quick to ensure optimal care and spoke to the patent in the room with empathy

flag | Submitted January 26, 2018

Not quite sure how Dr. Jayaraman received this rating and how he's considered the #1 surgeon (general) in Toronto. To begin, after doing some due diligence on the "best liver surgeons" in Toronto, I came across Dr. Jayaraman. I immediately called his office and booked an appointment with his secretary for my mother to see him. She advised that she would have to be referred by her family doctor. We went through the process, all was good, and we got an appointment to see him within one week. The first time we met with Dr. Jay he asked about my mom's medical history etc. My mother was diagnosed with stage 4 liver cancer back in September 2015. She had colon cancer which had metastasized to her liver (70% of her liver was infiltrated with tumours), and several abdominal lymphnodes were also cancerous. She was diagnosed at Mackenzie Health hospital in Vaughan, the internist gave her 3 months to live. Our family did not appreciate this diagnosis, and we immediately received a second opinion from a oncologist in New York, USA. The oncologist provided us with hope and a much quicker and much better approach to her condition. It is going to be almost 3 years since my mom's diagnosis. She has been travelling consecutively to NY for cancer treatment. We became a bit tired of the travelling (even though we are so happy with the treatment and results she is receiving and her oncologist and surgeons in the US), so we decided to get another opinion here in Toronto. So we met with Dr. Jayaraman (credited to be the best surgeon in Toronto, who specializes in surgeries of the pancreas, liver and bilary duct.) Upon first impression he was kind and was keen to learn of my mom's medical condition, and wanted to help. Once we told him my mother was receiving treatment in the US, he was basically offended and said awful things to us. In short, in the 3 years that my mom has been receiving treatment in the US for her cancer, not once has she cried at any point in her journey (through her liver surgery, chemotherapy treatment, radiation, and not even when she was diagnosed). Dr. Jayaraman was so incredibly rude that he made my mother and I cry in the room while he continually jabbed us with his words (there aren't any options for her, she won't live long, the doctors int he US aren't technically helping her, and so on). The both of us were crying in front of him, and he was so insincere and just dismissed my mom. He didn't even offer to refer her to an oncologist here in Toronto or offer clinical trial options or anything. This meeting was back in May 2017. My mom is still under the care of her doctors in New York.

Submitted January 24, 2018

On June 20 2017 I had whipple surgery to remove cancer from my pancreas, Dr.Jayaraman and his team saved my life. My family and I can't thank him enough for giving my life back. His a fantastic DOCTOR one of the best in the world. I will always appreciate the kindess and care that I received. Angela Giommi Ghimouz 2017

flag | Submitted December 18, 2017

Myself and our family can't say enough good things about Dr. Jayaraman. He has been my dad's doctor since 2010 and he has been nothing, but outstanding. Thank you for providing our family with the best care available and for always going the extra mile. Thank you will never be enough, The Cimicata's

flag | Submitted December 5, 2017