Ratings for Dr. Sheila Poon

Overpriced know it all. Do not recommend this unprofessional Doctor.

flag | Submitted June 9, 2016

I've been seeing Dr. Poon for a few years now. She sees my whole family. I met her originally at Costco Optical but she found out my 3 year old girls had lazy eyes and an eye turn so we started seeing her at a different practice so she can watch them and monitor them better. We still got our glasses from Costco because their quality is very good and their prices are so much cheaper than the other practice Dr. Poon works for. The glasses at costco are about 50% cheaper at Costco. We went back to seeing her at Costco Optical this year and we like it better there.

flag | Submitted February 8, 2015

My first visit went well and have ordered glasses, now we will see how follow ups go and hopefully I have no problems with my new glasses. Dr Poon was very professional and informative. The young lady who helped me choose glasses was very nice an asset to the business.

flag | Submitted October 22, 2013

You have to pay for trial pairs of contact lenses at South Calgary Eye Care. When it came to the third pair that I couldn't see through, I went elsewhere and paid again to be re-tested, etc Most places will give you as many free trial lenses as it takes to fit the right ones. My daughter purchased glasses a few weeks ago from South Calgary Eye Care and the one arm broke off last week. She can't see without her glasses so she temporarity attached the broken arm with bandaid. Today they told that she would have to pay approx $70 for repairs because by putting on the bandaid she invalidated the warranty. Lens Crafters gladly repaired my husbands spec free of charge several times.

flag | Submitted February 17, 2012

Wow, very helpful and knowledgeable. I went in to find glasses and contacts. Great advice in regard to style, and even better advice as for eye health, contact choices, maintenance. Big thank you.

flag | Submitted November 29, 2011

very knowledgeable, she helped me find a pair of 24/7 contacts that work perfectly, and put in the plugs for my dry eye! She listened to what I didn't like about them, and did 5 diffrent trials until I got the ones i wear now. for staff, Janis taught me how to put them in was was very helpful. But the "technicians?" took alot more puffs of my eye than I've ever had, and didn't call my name until 25min after my appointment was schedualed.

flag | Submitted November 4, 2011

Extemely rude, unprofessional, cynical and abrupt. I was near tears when I left. She made me feel like I was wasting her time because I had seen a doctor from another branch the previous day and they had conducted a full examination. I was instructed to see this branch the next day (Saturday) if my eye was had deteriorated - which I did. She asked me impatiently if she should dialate my eye ... I responded that I guess that if she wanted to see properly inside my eye, she probably should. She said that I had bad vision anyway, then after 2 minutes of plonking the dialation drop in my eye, she glanced in my eye- look left, look right, up down (about as fast as I'm typing this) and concluded that my eyes "are very healthy" and I should get used to the flashes, floaties and blurred areas. I'm scared out of my mind of losing my sight as I need my vision to work and drive. I'm in my 40s - not my 80s.

flag | Submitted June 7, 2011