Ratings for Dr. Jeanette Benjamin

Dr. Benjamin is very easy to talk to, she listened very carefully to me. I did not feel rushed during our exam and she made me feel comfortable. I would highly recommend her to family and friends.

flag | Submitted November 3, 2011

This doctor likes her patients to be "well" because trying to figure out whats going on is not her specialty. She does not listen even when you specifically point out a possible diagnosis. She comes off as knowledgeable doctor but I question that now. I went to her because of her no wait time in her office which worked until I had a real emergency. Sometimes she made some odd jokes when I was trying to have a serious conversation. I guess there is a reason she's particular about the type of insurance she takes-only PPO-probably because she doesn't want to work too hard, but make good money.

flag | Submitted November 3, 2010

Greatest Doctor Ever. Took very good care of me.Precise and to the point, doesn't overly subscribe drugs. Lynne L.

flag | Submitted August 11, 2008

I had a big problem with this doctor. I went in complaining of back pain that wouldn't go away for months. The doctor told me that is what happens when we get older. Finally another doctor discovered, I had 2 herniated discs in my low back. By the way, I was in my middle 30's at the time... surely not an old lady!!

flag | Submitted April 8, 2008

Went to her for years because there is never a wait, but recently left because she doesn't really listen. She isn't very aggressive in figuring out problems, tends to let the patient self-diagnose and goes along with it. Great if you are a doctor, not so good if you are looking for more in-depth information. Seems to have staff issues, a lot of turnover at the desk.

flag | Submitted December 4, 2007

She is absolutely the best. She is very personable, and professional. She actually listens to you and then gives her professional advice. She is never judgemental. I would highly recommend her. --- T. Collins

flag | Submitted March 28, 2007

Complaint has more to do with how tightly wound this doctor is and her complete inability to actually hear what patient is saying. She makes very odd comments if you don't happen to subscribe to her way of thinking such as "Don't blame me if you are tired and depressed" when I declined a very expensive drug for high blood pressure and requested instead to use something that had been prescribed by another doctor previously which was much more cost effective. When I tried to explain why I was "uptight" as she put it, she began shouting and became noticably agitated and suggested that I go to another doctor. I tried in vain to explain why I was feeling that way, $600 a month premium for insurance, a bill approaching $1,000 just to get a refill prescription on blood pressure meds - I didn't expect to meet with the level of anger she exhibited. Her office help is very odd and emits a little scream each time a patient comes in. Tension is thick in office and very noticable to patients.

flag | Submitted August 2, 2006

Dr. Jeanette Benjamin's Credentials

• Univ Of Aleppo, Fac Of Med, Aleppo, Syria (Grad. 1977)