Ratings for Dr. Catherine McCromick

I have a very long history with Dr McCormick. I can tell you that she is by far the most knowlegble and compassionate oncologist I've had to encounter. I had 3rd stage lymphoma and years later breast ca. She treated me both times. Had it not been for her excellent care and medical decisions of treatment protocols, I would not have made it this far On a personal note; I'm retired and spent 30 years in healthcare management, I know a great doctor when I had to experience first hand entrusting my cancer and healthcare concerns. She is the BEST oncologist in La.

flag | Submitted April 22, 2017

flag | Submitted July 5, 2012

i have small cell lung cancer and she is a verry good doctor

flag | Submitted September 13, 2011

I have Rectum Cancer and my family doctor referred me to Dr. McCormick an oncologist. Dr. Catherine McCormick was not professional, understanding or interested in my fears or concerns. I asked what type of chemo treatments will I be receiving and how many cycles will I need. She refused to answer any of my questions. Every time I would asked her, she would just ignore me. After a few cycle of the chemo treatments, I was very sick and nauseated from the treatments. I asked her could she recommend some type of medicine to help decrease the nausea. She stated, “I have told you people how cancer work.” She walked out of the room. Well I decided not to get use to that type of treatment and found another oncologist with the help of a cancer patient advocacy. I needed help and support in negotiating the many challenges that this illness presents.

flag | Submitted June 5, 2011