Ratings for Dr. Mark Aferzon

Excellent ENT. He is usually able to get me in the same day.

flag | Submitted February 19, 2018

I had a growth in my throat that my dentist noticed. Dr. Aferzon removed it in his office and the spot healed without any scar. I had mild throat irritation for a couple of days after the procedure. He called me after the procedure and answered all my questions. Very good doctor.

flag | Submitted November 22, 2016

I saw the doc recently for a severe ear infection. I was treated with antibiotics after being seen at a walkin and the pain was so bad I went to the emergency room (told me to see an ENT). Dr. Aferzon told me the ear canal was completely swollen shut and he put in a wick. He removed the wick 2 days later and my ear infection completely resolved with ear drops. I can hear normally, and best of all, no more pain.

flag | Submitted November 19, 2016

Dr. Mark Aferzon is an excellent Dr. , I had Endoscopic Sinus Surgery done in the Dr's office. it took about 45 min to a hour long and prep time was about a hour for my surgery. I had to have the top and bottom sinuses repaired or opened I was home in a couple of hours with no black eyes. There was some pain the first couple of days I just had sinus surgery but after two days I had no pain just a normal sinus congestion, but with the nasal spray even that was minimal. Now two weeks later I can breathe so much better, and I am so glad that I had the surgery done by dr. Mark Aferzon not only is he a great dr. but he is also very nice he went above and be on he also had me tested for allergies. After all these years no dr. has ever had me tested for allergies to see why I have post nasal drip and other problems with my sinuses. There are only a couple of doctors that do this in their office in CT and Dr. Aferzon is one of them so thanks Dr.

flag | Submitted September 29, 2016

I have been suffering with throat irritation and cough for months. I went to the ER, but all they gave me was antibiotics that did not help. I finally saw Dr. Aferzon, and after looking in my throat with a camera, he told me it was from acid reflux. My throat and cough have gradually improved after changes in diet and with Prilosec. He was very thorough and knowledgeable.

flag | Submitted September 25, 2016

I have had constant nasal blockage and no sense of smell for years. After this did not improve with nasal sprays and antibiotics, I saw a nose specialist. Dr. Aferzon told me I had polyps and there was some brief relief after using Prednisone. When the blockage and polyps persisted, he recommended surgery. He performed the procedure in his office and it went fine (some bleeding for a couple of days). It has been several months now and my breathing is great. My sense of smell has also improved.

flag | Submitted August 26, 2016

I developed hearing loss after a sinus infection. My regular doctor and walkin treated me with antibiotics and Prednisone, but there was no relief. I eventually saw Dr. Aferzon after weeks of not being able to hear. He told me I had fluid in me ear and put in a tube. Now my hearing is back to normal. I wish I had seen an ENT instead of wasting my time with the other doctors.

flag | Submitted August 23, 2016

Botched sinus procedure in office. needed to have surgery to correct it with another ENT. NEVER listened to questions or concerns and I felt like I was a bother. Never felt like he really cared. He actually waved his hand to dismiss me and would say "shush" if I asked a question. VERY rude and would NEVER recommend him to anyone EVER

flag | Submitted August 17, 2016

After suffering with repeated sinus infections for years I finally saw an ENT. Dr. Aferzon did a sinus balloon procedure and straightened my septum in the office. Now I can breath well and smell things I haven't smelled in years. Very happy with him.

flag | Submitted August 15, 2016

I saw Dr. Aferzon for a swollen saliva gland due to a stone. He removed the stone in the office and now my neck is back to normal. Now I can eat without fear of pain. Highly recommend him.

flag | Submitted August 2, 2016

Dr. Mark Aferzon's Credentials

• Brown University Program In Medicine (Grad. 1997)

UnitedHealthcare