Ratings for Dr. Jodie Calvert

I transferred to this clinic when my (now retired) doctor moved here. The couple of times I've seen Dr Calvert/Wang, she was in and out so fast I almost blinked and missed her. Mostly, you see a junior medical student who doesn't even know how to run the computer. Nobody in this clinic actually provides care. The best you can hope for is to be passed along to a specialist who might know what they're doing. Everything about Franklin is an example of how poor the health care is nowadays in Ontario. If anything else was available, I'd be out the door like a shot.

flag | Submitted April 7, 2015

She states at the computer screen the entire visit and doesn't even look at you when you are answering questions. I have gone in for what I assumed to be a sprained ankle one time and she only asked me to roll down my sock to look at. Never felt it, asked me to walk around; nothing. Another thing that is common with her is prescribing tests or medication for everything. Maybe this is what people want nowadays but I want a doctor that actually cares enough about me to look at me while she's talking to me.

flag | Submitted February 23, 2015

She don't have an answer machine nor it doesn't seem she has anyone to take call for appointment. I called her office for an appointment the whole day every 5 minutes. Jut kept getting, " If you get this message hang up and try your call again, I'm either on the phone or with a patient. It took me two days to reach her office to book an appointment. If you want to see Dr. Wang, you have to go on the Saturday clinic which does not always open. I walked in last Saturday and the clinic was closed without notice.

flag | Submitted February 13, 2015

December sixth of 2014 I went to have Doctor Calvert exam me. I had been suffering with severe sinus problem. And problems with my right eye. She diagnosed the problem immediately. Double checked to make sure she was correct. Without any reservation or reserve she sent me to emerg immediately. After cat scams and MRI plus eight weeks later the neurologist said I was healing fine. I am a man of faith and thank god for Doctor Jodie Calvert.

flag | Submitted February 4, 2015

Dr. Wang is such a caring kind hearted lady. She always listens and when my husband had sinusitis which had complications she was very efficient and knowledgeable and got him straight to the hospital. She takes the time to get to the root of the problem, is a good listener, always polite and efficient. She is easy to talk to and approachable which is very important.

flag | Submitted January 26, 2015

Dr. Wang is great except you can never het in touch with office to get an appointment. I have tried literally 47 times today. I know Dr. Meenan did not want this kind of bs taking over his practice. Absolutely inacceptible and totally ridiculous. If I had staff like this who didnt answe phones or respond to clients-they would be fired immediately

flag | Submitted December 30, 2014

flag | Submitted September 29, 2014

I called for an appointment and was told that Dr. Wang cannot see me for another two weeks. The only option that was given to me is to come on the weekend when they are working as "walk in clinic". Sure, this was on Monday. When I told them that I'll go to another walk in clinic they said Nooo - you can't do that - we will get billed. I think I would be better of without family doctor and considering cancelling my enrolment at this place.

flag | Submitted September 4, 2014

Franklin Medical is a madhouse; it's hard to get anyone on the phone, and there are always line ups out the door. I once walked in the MAKE an appointment and waited 30 minutes to do so. The reception staff is extremely slow, and there are several inexperienced and unknowledgeable support staff working. It's basically a last resort going there. Last week when I arrived for an appointment for my son (that I made 4 weeks prior), I was informed that all doctors were sick and they sent us home. They then had to reschedule twice more because of a mistake. After getting shots, I asked to see the Dr.(pre-booked). She forgot about us in the room, then waltzed in with a large Tim's, all smiles, sweet-talked my son, listened to his heart WHILE TALKING, and then snuck out before inquiring why I wanted to see her. Also, staff gave appt for something they couldn't do there. I'm really dissatisfied and have no faith in or respect for this doctor and clinic. They all just want money.

flag | Submitted January 2, 2014

flag | Submitted September 14, 2013

Dr. Jodie Calvert's Credentials

Updates

• A new 2-star rating has been posted. "I transferred to this clinic when my (now retired) doctor moved here. The couple of times I've seen Dr Calvert/Wang, she was in and out so fast I almost blinked..."

April 7, 2015
  • A new 1.5-star rating has been posted. "She states at the computer screen the entire visit and doesn't even look at you when you are answering questions. I have gone in for what I assumed to be a spra..."

February 23, 2015
  • A new 2.8-star rating has been posted. "She don't have an answer machine nor it doesn't seem she has anyone to take call for appointment. I called her office for an appointment the whole day every 5 m..."

February 13, 2015
  • A new 4.5-star rating has been posted. "December sixth of 2014 I went to have Doctor Calvert exam me. I had been suffering with severe sinus problem. And problems with my right eye. She diagnosed the..."

February 4, 2015
  • A new 4.2-star rating has been posted. "Dr. Wang is such a caring kind hearted lady. She always listens and when my husband had sinusitis which had complications she was very efficient and knowledgea..."

January 26, 2015
  • A new 3.8-star rating has been posted. "Dr. Wang is great except you can never het in touch with office to get an appointment. I have tried literally 47 times today. I know Dr. Meenan did not want thi..."

December 30, 2014
  • A new 1.5-star rating has been posted. "I miss Dr.Meenan and Cidalia... Enough said. I could go on and on, but what's the use, no one will listen and Dr.Wang will never change :-("

September 29, 2014
  • A new 1.5-star rating has been posted. "I called for an appointment and was told that Dr. Wang cannot see me for another two weeks. The only option that was given to me is to come on the weekend when ..."

September 4, 2014

November 9, 2013

October 19, 2013
  • 2 positive duplicate or disallowed ratings automatically removed

October 5, 2013
  • Last Name changed from "Calvert Wang" to "Calvert"

February 7, 2013