Ratings for Dr. David Vandervelde

This Dr did help me a lot over the years. However, like most Dr's he has a lot of pride. My wife was going through cancer and I missed an appointment. I made another appointment and called to cancel it when My GP offered to me (unsolicited) to refill my anti-depressants for me. Don't know why he did, he just did? I cancelled because, money was tight at the time and my insurance did not cover office appointments and a 10 min med review was about $80. Anyway, a year passed or so and I started having some symptoms again and I wanted to go in and see him. The office told me that I had been dropped as a patient?? No phone call, no certified letter, nada?? So, he dropped me because I missed one appointment, and cancelled another? For a GP maybe that is grounds, I don't know? However, for a Psychiatrist, I would think there would be a little if not a lot more grace? BTY, I was his patient for 17 years. So, patient beware. He is competent, however, not very forgiving, especially with a long term patient, who had a lot on his plate at the time. Very unprofessional in my opinion.

flag | Submitted September 7, 2015

Didn't answer my questions and was extremely rude towards me. He was unwilling to answer questions I had about my diagnosis and threw insults at me when I asked them. DO NOT go to this doctor.

flag | Submitted May 28, 2011