Ratings for Dr. Mohammad Alsuwaidan

Dr Alsuwaidan was my psychiatrist years ago in Toronto, unfortunately he moved to Kuwait to work about 5 years ago. I still recall him though as one of the best doctors I had. He is genuinely warm and friendly. I recall him always being very thorough in his assessments and in each follow up appointment. He would always answer my questions based on the latest research studies and explain things to me in understandable language. Some of the reviews here seem unfair. Dr. Alsuwaidan treated me for both ADHD and Bipolar type 2. It did take us a while to figure out I had both conditions but I never ever felt that he jumped to conclusions or was rushed. He always listened to my concerns carefully and took them seriously. He also explained that it takes some time to find the right medication combination for each person and although it did for me, what reassured me is that Dr. A. was always systematic about the process. Nothing felt haphazard or unplanned. Eventually the combo that worked for me was Vyvanse and Seroquel. I’m very grateful to him because to this day I’m functioning much better than I had been before I met him. I was struggling with mood swings and memory and attention problems. I’m sure he is human and donesnt get things right 100 percent of the time. But I think The one or two reviews that said he jumped to a conclusion are not in keeping with my experience with him at all, not many others it’s seems. I wish he was still in Toronto. He was so helpful to me and to many other s I’m sure. There are so few doctors who genuinely care, really care, about their patients. He was one of them.

flag | Submitted October 5, 2017

I suspected that I had undiagnosed ADHD, which created a messy eating disorder and erratic behavior due to poor nutrition caused by the bulimia. My GP refused to give me ADHD meds out of fear that I would use it to lose weight so she sent me to Dr. A. At this time, I could barely keep a full time job, worked as a bartender and slept all day to work at night. I waited 3 months to see Dr. A who came in with a bias based on my GP's diagnosis of BP II - and proceeded to tell me after ONE meeting, and a questionnaire that I had Bi Polar II. I spent years on medication for something I didn't have, became suicidal and my eating disorder was worse than ever. Thankfully, I met an amazing Dr. whole took 6 months of recurring visits before he made an official diagnosis. I DID have ADHD and was medicated properly. My eating disorder is now non existent, I have a full time job making 6 figures, live on my own, and feel amazing. For this reason, Dr. A gets a ZERO - Without a doubt, I would not be alive right now if I had not seeked treatment elsewhere.

flag | Submitted September 19, 2017

Dr. Alsuwaidan was my psychiatrist many years ago and he was amazing. He treated my bipolar disorder, and I am very thankful to him. It's unfortunate that he moved his practice to Kuwait, and I hope that he considers coming back some day.

flag | Submitted February 3, 2017

Dr. Alsuwaidan is a great psychiatrist... He helped my mother recover from her bipolar disorder, and for that I am grateful to him. I wish that he returned to Canada to practice, he was truly one in a million.

flag | Submitted February 1, 2017

Dr. Alsuwaidan is one of the best psychiatrists for mania and bipolar disorder. However, if you do not have the symptoms of those two diseases, look for another doctor. In his field, Dr. Alsuwaidan is the best of the best! He was definitely one of the best psychiatrists in Canada when he lived and practices here. Unfortunately, he moved to Kuwait, and I had to look for a new doctor.

flag | Submitted January 30, 2017

I went in with symptoms of depression. This doctor was extremely nice and polite however he told me himself he was on the fence about giving me a bipolar diagnosis and decided to put me on 300mg of serquel and 250 lamotrigine even though I suffered from depression and anxiety not mania. I feel like I lost 3 years of my life being over medicated and being weened off the medication was a scary experience. If you feel your diagnosis doesn't match what you are dealing with, get a second opinion before taking tons of pills.

Submitted October 14, 2016

I emailed Dr. Alsuwaidan today, asking if I could see him regarding my ADHD. He replied that he no longer works in Toronto. He wrote: "I would be happy to be of service but I have moved my practice to Kuwait about 3 years ago. I think Dr. Tim Bilkey is a great psychiatrist for ADHD. "

flag | Submitted May 20, 2016

He's very knowledgeable about mood disorder and ADHD pharmacology, he goes the extra mile to help, and he's a nice guy.

flag | Submitted February 17, 2013

Very punctual and knowledgable. Also a very kind man who genuinely wants to help you

flag | Submitted January 10, 2013

The staff was ok. Dr. Alsuwaidan was fantastic :) He presented options that were never suggested by other doctors in the last 5 years of treatment. He was very easy to talk with and openly shared his knowledge with you. He's very thorough and genuinely cares about your well being.

flag | Submitted July 17, 2012