Ratings for Dr. Sheldon Irving Wagner

I have seen a few psychotherapists in the past and Dr. Wagner is by far the worst. First, he had little knowledge of the medications I am taking. Second, he was very confrontational. Third, he is condescending and flat out rude. Save yourself some time and a $20 admin fee by talking to the wall.

flag | Submitted May 4, 2016

I cant believe this guy is called a doctor I have never met such a rude inconsiderate person How he became a therapist I can figure out If you are trying to get an appt he is the only one available and ther is a reason for this. He is terrible Keep away

flag | Submitted March 16, 2016

It is frightening that this doctor continues to practice psychotherapy. He has his own agenda for patients, lacks boundaries, and is a danger to the people he treats. Vulnerable patients deserve to be protected from exposure to this man. Whether or not he is, deep down, a good person, there is no reason why he should be allowed to continue to practice and most likely harm, those unwittingly under his care.

flag | Submitted February 11, 2016

I agree with the other persons posting comments. This person should not be providing any type of counselling to the public. He does not listen, is extremely arrogant and self-centered and does not validate a persons life experiences. I also feel he has a blame the victim attitude and I was quite appalled at the things he said to me during my session.

flag | Submitted January 19, 2016

I,too,agree wholeheartedly with the last person's comments. Regardless of whether he is a GP or a psychiatrist ,he should not be treating patients. He dismissed any of my comments or feelings as those of a child and not an adult. He was confrontational and said he knew me better than I knew myself. I now am left with such low self- esteem and no longer know who to turn to. I'm afraid to ever see a therapist again. I should have left after the first few sessions. Don't walk away, run. When I told my social worker friend she said he should be reported.

flag | Submitted September 4, 2015

The only decent points were the front office support staff and that he was on time most of the time. Otherwise a terrible psychologist. Note that he is a general practitioner with no specialty...so not a psychiatrist. I saw him for a few months to give it a chance in case *I* was the problem in the equation. But no. He was extremely judgemental, antagonistic and confrontational. He tried to make me feel guilty for my thoughts and feelings and tried to make me accept conclusions about why I had certain feelings even though I knew otherwise. Bottom line is don't see him. Listen to what all the other reviewers have said. You will feel worse after leaving each session than you did before you went in. He'll pretend to know you better than you know yourself and basically tell you that your psychological problems are because you are selfish and emotionally immature. This from a man who collects Barbie dolls (Google "Ossington art gallery auctioning off everything" to see what I mean).

flag | Submitted September 1, 2015

So many times I left feeling worse than when I went in. Thought he would retire.

flag | Submitted June 20, 2015

This was the single worst experience I have ever had with a therapist. He was more interested in talking about himself. Terrible, terrible, terrible. He should not be practicing.

flag | Submitted March 30, 2015

It is so terrible. Use a search engine on your own. Take care of yourself. You don't have to be so desperate as to take the first available person. He has openings for a reason. Totally absolutely completely unacceptable.

flag | Submitted March 20, 2015

A dr. practicing psychology who has a barbie collection (call it what you will) should not be practicing in the field of mental health. Thats it, thats all.

flag | Submitted February 13, 2015