Ratings for Dr. Utah Zandy

Dr Zandy has been my doctor since I retired 5 years ago and have been able to stay on Bowen full-time. She is an excellent physician with just the right balance between warmth and professionalism. She is up to date on the latest medical research and respects her patients desire to participate in decisions about their care. I would want Dr Zandy to be my physician even if I had to go to the city to see her. I think we are very lucky she has a practice on Bowen Island even though she also has a clinic in North Vancouver. The fact that Dr Zandy maintains an office and staff in both locations tells me that providing service and care to this community means more to her than income. I hope Dr Zandy knows how much she is appreciated.

flag | Submitted April 4, 2016

I have been a patient of Dr. Zandy's since she came to Bowen Island. She is a caring, competent, knowledgeable doctor who has always attended to my medical needs professionally and compassionately. I do not put much credence in some of the extremely negative reviews that have been posted on this site. Such reviews are repellent and not useful. Dr. Zandy cares about my health and I know that I can rely on her recommendations. Recently, I have heard that she is being 'urged' to give up her practice. That very notion is shocking and inappropriate, one I sincerely hope she will disregard and, instead, continue to offer the well informed medical service that she so competently delivers.

flag | Submitted March 31, 2016

I am not impressed by or a fan of our health system. I will not go to a doctor unless absolutely necessary. When I do it is Doctor Zandy. She is a grand lady and very competent. If she were ever to leave Bowen I would follow her rather than use any local alternatives. This would be slightly inconvenient but well worth it for the excellent care.

flag | Submitted March 30, 2016

Dr. Zandy is fantastic doctor. She is compassionate, caring, and extremely knowledgeable. She has looked after our family of 4 since she took over late Dr Bueckert's practice. I wish she could work more at Bowen Island but I understand her other practice commitment in town. I have lived in a lot of communities and seen many doctors over the years and she by far the best family doctor you will find. She is exactly the type of doctor needed in a small community like Bowen Island as she truly cares about her patients. She explores all avenues of treatment, recommends specialists when needed. She has a strong background in emergency care, extremely capable of treating people as a first responder until they can be transported to hospital. Sincere, straightforward, and a great sense of humor too!!!

flag | Submitted March 29, 2016

i went to dr zandy with a very serious dog bite on my leg, gaping open wound and bleeding down my leg. i asked her if she was going to clean the wound and bandage it, the answer was a flat out no. i got a tetanus shot and was told if it got infected to to to town to emergency. i had to go to the drug store and purchase some peroxide and bandages and go home and do it myself. i was outraged, what the heck is going on with this doctor, there is an obvious change with her attitude and level of care as i used think quite highly of her. if bowen island is a thorn in her side then please move on.

Submitted March 25, 2016

Dr. Zandy guided me with patience and compassion thorough a difficult time of my life. She has taught me to be a better patient. I'm sorry others have not experienced her dedication.

flag | Submitted February 27, 2016

Unreal. Bring a man in his 60's in who cut his finger with an axe and she came no closer than 30 feet... telling us "it's flu shot day. He can wait 4 or 5 hours but it is flu shot day." There were no other patients in the office. He was bleeding thru his wife's bandage job and she refused to even look and stood at the other end of her office and turned and walked away after her flu shot statement. I took him to the other Dr. who saw hom right away and cleaned and stitched him up. What on earth is she doing in a small community with limited resources and no walk in clinic? Other Dr and the local ambulance are THE recommended options, no question, if you actually nred medical attention.

flag | Submitted February 26, 2016

I had been very happy with Dr. Zandy for many years until recently. There has been an obvious change in her behaviour and I am unable to trust her anymore. She was disrespectful, insensitive and uncaring which surprised me. Looking back she was never very knowledgeable and never did proper exams. To be honest I think she is lazy. Only do what you have to do. Happy to say I already have a new wonderful doctor who is working at getting a chronic issue under control.

flag | Submitted February 19, 2016

I cannot believe she is an actual doctor! I feel like asking if she has any documents to prove she is. One wrong diagnosis after another, and a terrible attitude to go with it.

flag | Submitted February 17, 2016

10 minutes waiting is max. Maybe they don't like her because she is not perfect blond barbie looking. I find her pleasant and easy to talk to. She doesn't smile that much maybe because she's from Iran, but if you want to socialise then get a friend. She is much better than my doctors with English surname in Calgary. Holy C.rap.., those family doctors in Calgary have no manners, they just hurry you in and out of the room quicker than fast food restaurant.

flag | Submitted January 30, 2015