Ratings for Dr. Utah Zandy

Excelllent Dr, very knowledgable and caring. I definitely recommend her to anyone looking for a family physician.

flag | Submitted March 10, 2017

when i inqured about my daughter's medication asking many questions, dr zandy said, "Oh, you are difficult." I brought my daughter in for a 3 day fever adn Zandy did not take my daughters' temperature unti i asked her just as she was wrapping up our visit. Just seemed super irritated that I was asking her if she wanted to take a temp reading, I mean after all, the reason for my visit was fever! Brutal... will never see her again! Worst doctor i've ever seen... so uncaring and flippant when it came to the health of my 7 year old. Go see Dr Walton-Knight in superstore. horribly messy office but awesome doctors in that office as well as super nice desk staff!

flag | Submitted January 25, 2017

In my opinion I would skip seeing Dr Zandy. I've seen her twice, went for a second opinion twice, she was wrong twice. She speaks with incredible confidence however a quick internet-based search told me to get a second opinion. Skip the step of seeing doctor Zandy and you'll be saving critical time. Not sure if she's a real doctor, doesn't appear to be. Also she way over books and takes walk ins at the same time, first time I waited a long time, second time I made an appointment and waited just as long.

flag | Submitted December 3, 2016

Dr Zandy has been my doctor since I retired 5 years ago and have been able to stay on Bowen full-time. She is an excellent physician with just the right balance between warmth and professionalism. She is up to date on the latest medical research and respects her patients desire to participate in decisions about their care. I would want Dr Zandy to be my physician even if I had to go to the city to see her. I think we are very lucky she has a practice on Bowen Island even though she also has a clinic in North Vancouver. The fact that Dr Zandy maintains an office and staff in both locations tells me that providing service and care to this community means more to her than income. I hope Dr Zandy knows how much she is appreciated.

flag | Submitted April 4, 2016

I have been a patient of Dr. Zandy's since she came to Bowen Island. She is a caring, competent, knowledgeable doctor who has always attended to my medical needs professionally and compassionately. I do not put much credence in some of the extremely negative reviews that have been posted on this site. Such reviews are repellent and not useful. Dr. Zandy cares about my health and I know that I can rely on her recommendations. Recently, I have heard that she is being 'urged' to give up her practice. That very notion is shocking and inappropriate, one I sincerely hope she will disregard and, instead, continue to offer the well informed medical service that she so competently delivers.

flag | Submitted March 31, 2016

I am not impressed by or a fan of our health system. I will not go to a doctor unless absolutely necessary. When I do it is Doctor Zandy. She is a grand lady and very competent. If she were ever to leave Bowen I would follow her rather than use any local alternatives. This would be slightly inconvenient but well worth it for the excellent care.

flag | Submitted March 30, 2016

Dr. Zandy is fantastic doctor. She is compassionate, caring, and extremely knowledgeable. She has looked after our family of 4 since she took over late Dr Bueckert's practice. I wish she could work more at Bowen Island but I understand her other practice commitment in town. I have lived in a lot of communities and seen many doctors over the years and she by far the best family doctor you will find. She is exactly the type of doctor needed in a small community like Bowen Island as she truly cares about her patients. She explores all avenues of treatment, recommends specialists when needed. She has a strong background in emergency care, extremely capable of treating people as a first responder until they can be transported to hospital. Sincere, straightforward, and a great sense of humor too!!!

flag | Submitted March 29, 2016

i went to dr zandy with a very serious dog bite on my leg, gaping open wound and bleeding down my leg. i asked her if she was going to clean the wound and bandage it, the answer was a flat out no. i got a tetanus shot and was told if it got infected to to to town to emergency. i had to go to the drug store and purchase some peroxide and bandages and go home and do it myself. i was outraged, what the heck is going on with this doctor, there is an obvious change with her attitude and level of care as i used think quite highly of her. if bowen island is a thorn in her side then please move on.

Submitted March 25, 2016

Dr. Zandy guided me with patience and compassion thorough a difficult time of my life. She has taught me to be a better patient. I'm sorry others have not experienced her dedication.

flag | Submitted February 27, 2016

Unreal. Bring a man in his 60's in who cut his finger with an axe and she came no closer than 30 feet... telling us "it's flu shot day. He can wait 4 or 5 hours but it is flu shot day." There were no other patients in the office. He was bleeding thru his wife's bandage job and she refused to even look and stood at the other end of her office and turned and walked away after her flu shot statement. I took him to the other Dr. who saw hom right away and cleaned and stitched him up. What on earth is she doing in a small community with limited resources and no walk in clinic? Other Dr and the local ambulance are THE recommended options, no question, if you actually nred medical attention.

flag | Submitted February 26, 2016