Ratings for Dr. Barna Tugwell

Dr.Tugwell is not a very professional doctor , she,s always late and has a exstreamly bad bedside manor, she just reminds me of a just out of medical school know it all .Dr.Tugwell only seeing things her way she comes across as scolding me every time i go..like what is that??? No compassion just a know it all punk , a word of advice choose a better doctor whos compationed and respectfull to there patients!!!

flag | Submitted August 11, 2017

Her staff are very abrupt and negative. No body smiles and they rush you along like you are wasting their time. There has never been a time that I went for an apointment that I was seen on time. I had at keast 1 hour waiting time after my appointment time. The very worst wait i had was coming up on 4 hours past my time. Although Dr Tugwell is quite knowledgeable. She was negative and dismissive. She cannot think outside of the box and if something doesn't fit into what she knows then its wrong. My opinion of my own body and care was not considered what so ever. She has a terrible bedside manner. And made me to feel as though my best was not good enough. I disagreed with her on the changes she wanted to make in my medication (Diabetic for 20 years and I know my body well) and her reply was, " I know you think you know everything but you don't". I saw her for over 3 years and every visit was more stressful than the last so I have chosen not to continue with her. I had anxiety about going to appointments with her for weeks before the date. She is a difficult doctor to work with. I am seeing a new specialist now and I forgot what it felt like to not walk away from an appointment feeling stressed, hurt and broken because that is what i felt every time i walked out of Dr Tugwells door...

flag | Submitted July 11, 2017

I'm so impressed with Dr. Tugwell that I feel compelled to express it. She is so thorough, analytical, upbeat, straightforward and clear. But the most impressive interaction I had with her was when she called me (on her own) to follow up on a concern I had with an adrenal cyst - she was so respectful, compassionate and caring. I'm so fortunate to have had Dr. Barna Tugwell treat me, I know I'm in good hands.

flag | Submitted December 10, 2016

This doctor has to take a course in dealing with people and her bedside manner. I think she is probably very knowledgeable but comes across very blunt , direct and like one is wasting her time being there. I have seen this doctor for a few years now regarding diabetics. On my last visit my blood sugars were the best they had been . She did say good job at first but then finished with such a negative insensitive statement that was uncalled for. I went home and was depressed for months and I'm still unsure if I will return to her because of it. I have been a diabetic for many many years and there are a lot of challenges so i do not take it likely and try my best in dealing with this illness. Being a professional doctor she should know that undo stress is not good for diabetics. Her insensitive and negative comments should be kept to herself since not everyone can live in a bubble like she seems to think one can.

flag | Submitted November 8, 2016

Felt rushed and dismissed, like I was wasting her time just by being there. Bedside manner is not strong and seems to depend on her personal mood and not her sense of professional responsibility.

flag | Submitted September 27, 2016

Wonderful doctor, takes excellent care of her patients!

flag | Submitted August 18, 2016

I was not rushed, felt very at ease and was treated with the utmost understanding. Dr. Tugwell was very thorough, explaining things in detail and works with you to help treat your diabetes and made several recommendations which I am pursuing. I learned so much on my visit and now better understand. I highly recommend Dr. Tugwell, as she is one of the best doctors I have ever seen.

flag | Submitted August 9, 2016

My first visit to this Doctor and was kept waiting 1-1/2 hrs....not impressed. I found her a bit rude and no bedside manner whatsoever. I am on an insulin pump and that's all she would talk about and did not and refused to deal with another medical problem which my own M.D. told me to ask her about. She's strictly black and white...no in-between. I didn't find her staff too helpful either. Nay, nay won't be visiting her again thank you.

flag | Submitted November 1, 2015

Dr. Tugwell is indeed very good at what she does but needs to work on her bedside manner. When speaking to a patient she needs to remind herself of the definition of the word empathy. When you ask a doctor for their help the last thing you need is to be spoken down to and left feeling dumb.

flag | Submitted October 17, 2015

I have seen many endocrinologists and physicians before for thyroid issues, but I was sent to Dr. Tugwell for more comprehensive inquires into my health, she was very well spoken and thoughtful in the way she worded everything, I felt at ease and not like I was to blame for my issues. She is definitely an amazing physician.

flag | Submitted August 12, 2015