You may also like

My first visit to this Doctor and was kept waiting 1-1/2 hrs....not impressed. I found her a bit rude and no bedside manner whatsoever. I am on an insulin pump and that's all she would talk about and did not and refused to deal with another medical problem which my own M.D. told me to ask her about. She's strictly black and white...no in-between. I didn't find her staff too helpful either. Nay, nay won't be visiting her again thank you.

flag | Submitted November 1, 2015

Dr. Tugwell is indeed very good at what she does but needs to work on her bedside manner. When speaking to a patient she needs to remind herself of the definition of the word empathy. When you ask a doctor for their help the last thing you need is to be spoken down to and left feeling dumb.

flag | Submitted October 17, 2015

I have seen many endocrinologists and physicians before for thyroid issues, but I was sent to Dr. Tugwell for more comprehensive inquires into my health, she was very well spoken and thoughtful in the way she worded everything, I felt at ease and not like I was to blame for my issues. She is definitely an amazing physician.

flag | Submitted August 12, 2015

Excellent Endocrinologist. It was my first time seeing someone for thyroid issues and she was thoughtful, comprehensive, thorough and encouraging. Very knowledgable, in many areas, I'm glad I was referred to her.

flag | Submitted December 19, 2014

I was sent to Dr. Tugwell for my diabetes. Not only does she treat the diabetes she is also concerned about other health issues and even though I only see her every few months she knows my issues and takes a lot of time with me. I can honestly say she is one of the best doctors I have ever seen!

flag | Submitted September 30, 2014

Dr.Tugswell was excellant.I felt at ease.She explained everything to me that was clear. I was not rushed.She was helpful and knowledgable.

flag | Submitted June 15, 2014

She was ahead of time and very friendly and very approachable.

flag | Submitted January 9, 2014

Staff excellent. Bedside manner seriously lacking. No apparent sense for patient. Appeared rushed.

flag | Submitted September 20, 2013

The best doctor I have ever seen so far. I entirely agree with the previous comments. She is very knowledgeable and open for discussion. I have researched my problem very thoroughly and went through many articles. I found Dr. Tugwell is really up to date with all the new researches and it is really a privilege to be a patient of such a good doctor. Thank you Dr. Tugwell.

flag | Submitted July 31, 2013

Best doctor I have ever seen! Dr. Tugwell is amazing. She has called me at home several times to follow up on my blood work. She really cares about her patients and I feel when I am with her that she is totally focussed on me and my health. She also took the time to refer me to another specialist for something outside of her speciality, had an appt with the other doctor within 2 weeks because Dr. Tugwell was concerned about the other issue. If you can get her as your endocrinologist you are extremely lucky!

flag | Submitted July 17, 2013

Dr. Barna Tugwell's Credentials

Please call the Doctor's office to find out if your insurance plan is accepted.

Updates

• A new 1.8-star rating has been posted. "My first visit to this Doctor and was kept waiting 1-1/2 hrs....not impressed. I found her a bit rude and no bedside manner whatsoever. I am on an insuli..."

November 1, 2015
  • A new 3.5-star rating has been posted. "Dr. Tugwell is indeed very good at what she does but needs to work on her bedside manner. When speaking to a patient she needs to remind herself of the definiti..."

October 17, 2015
  • A new 4.8-star rating has been posted. "I have seen many endocrinologists and physicians before for thyroid issues, but I was sent to Dr. Tugwell for more comprehensive inquires into my health, she wa..."

August 12, 2015
  • A new 4.5-star rating has been posted. "Excellent Endocrinologist. It was my first time seeing someone for thyroid issues and she was thoughtful, comprehensive, thorough and encouraging. Very knowledg..."

December 19, 2014
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "I was sent to Dr. Tugwell for my diabetes. Not only does she treat the diabetes she is also concerned about other health issues and even though I only see her e..."

September 30, 2014
  • City changed from "Dartmouth" to "Halifax"

September 26, 2013
  • City changed from "Halifax" to "Dartmouth"

August 21, 2013
  • City changed from "Dartmouth" to "Halifax"

July 18, 2013