Ratings for Dr. Barna Tugwell

This doctor has to take a course in dealing with people and her bedside manner. I think she is probably very knowledgeable but comes across very blunt , direct and like one is wasting her time being there. I have seen this doctor for a few years now regarding diabetics. On my last visit my blood sugars were the best they had been . She did say good job at first but then finished with such a negative insensitive statement that was uncalled for. I went home and was depressed for months and I'm still unsure if I will return to her because of it. I have been a diabetic for many many years and there are a lot of challenges so i do not take it likely and try my best in dealing with this illness. Being a professional doctor she should know that undo stress is not good for diabetics. Her insensitive and negative comments should be kept to herself since not everyone can live in a bubble like she seems to think one can.

flag | Submitted November 8, 2016

Felt rushed and dismissed, like I was wasting her time just by being there. Bedside manner is not strong and seems to depend on her personal mood and not her sense of professional responsibility.

flag | Submitted September 27, 2016

Wonderful doctor, takes excellent care of her patients!

flag | Submitted August 18, 2016

I was not rushed, felt very at ease and was treated with the utmost understanding. Dr. Tugwell was very thorough, explaining things in detail and works with you to help treat your diabetes and made several recommendations which I am pursuing. I learned so much on my visit and now better understand. I highly recommend Dr. Tugwell, as she is one of the best doctors I have ever seen.

flag | Submitted August 9, 2016

My first visit to this Doctor and was kept waiting 1-1/2 hrs....not impressed. I found her a bit rude and no bedside manner whatsoever. I am on an insulin pump and that's all she would talk about and did not and refused to deal with another medical problem which my own M.D. told me to ask her about. She's strictly black and white...no in-between. I didn't find her staff too helpful either. Nay, nay won't be visiting her again thank you.

flag | Submitted November 1, 2015

Dr. Tugwell is indeed very good at what she does but needs to work on her bedside manner. When speaking to a patient she needs to remind herself of the definition of the word empathy. When you ask a doctor for their help the last thing you need is to be spoken down to and left feeling dumb.

flag | Submitted October 17, 2015

I have seen many endocrinologists and physicians before for thyroid issues, but I was sent to Dr. Tugwell for more comprehensive inquires into my health, she was very well spoken and thoughtful in the way she worded everything, I felt at ease and not like I was to blame for my issues. She is definitely an amazing physician.

flag | Submitted August 12, 2015

Excellent Endocrinologist. It was my first time seeing someone for thyroid issues and she was thoughtful, comprehensive, thorough and encouraging. Very knowledgable, in many areas, I'm glad I was referred to her.

flag | Submitted December 19, 2014

I was sent to Dr. Tugwell for my diabetes. Not only does she treat the diabetes she is also concerned about other health issues and even though I only see her every few months she knows my issues and takes a lot of time with me. I can honestly say she is one of the best doctors I have ever seen!

flag | Submitted September 30, 2014

Dr.Tugswell was excellant.I felt at ease.She explained everything to me that was clear. I was not rushed.She was helpful and knowledgable.

flag | Submitted June 15, 2014