Ratings for Dr. Stephanie Trenciansky

Had been experiencing some GI issues and decided to give naturopathy a try. While the intention may be good, alternative/complentary therapies are expensive and it is not evidence based medicine. Vega testing is not accurate. I was given a 'prescription ' to deal with yeast overgrowth and parasites. Still not feeling a hundred percent I had a comprehensive stool analysis (ordered by an allopathic doctor) done which revealed I didn't have either. Went to a nutritionist recommended by my GP and feeling good again. I will never consider any alternative/complementary again.

Submitted July 18, 2017

Dr. Stephanie Trenciansky

Dr. Stephanie Trenciansky's response
Your response is not based on the quality of my care nor the results of my services, but on academic talking points coming from the conventional medical model, which believes that NDs are not scientific in providing evidence based medicine. A vega test provides an assessment of gut symbiosis/dysbiosis. This is not a lab diagnosis, it is used as an “assessment” tool, which is clinically relevant in conjunction with other lab tests, history and physical exam that are considered for each patient. A comparable assessment tool would be questionnaires that are used for evaluating ADHD, depression and musculoskeletal pain, which are used by both MDs and NDs. Finally, you did not try my program or methods for long enough. You never gave me time to treat you and offer the ultimate measurement for assessing and rating my services, meaning “results”. Judge me on my results, not some filter you have decided to criticize as not being “evidence based medicine”. It is well known that the arbitrariness of evidence based medicine has its own problems, http://www.bmj.com/content/348/bmj.g3725, and contrary to your opinion, Naturopathic Medicine has been rigorously analyzed as a system of evidence based therapies, https://elsevier.ca/product.jsp?isbn=9781437723335.

Submitted August 1, 2017

I highly recommend Dr. Stephanie Trenciansky at the Langley Meditrine Naturopathic Medical Clinic. After I had little success from seeing a GP and a specialist in regard to my health issues, which eventually led to a surgery that I regret having, I ventured into the Meditrine Clinic. Right away I was listened to, cared about and offered natural solutions to my health issues that over time (5 months) brought about positive results. I now feel great and my hormone issues, inflammation issues, food sensitivity issues, UTI issues are largely resolved! I feel that I was given very helpful information and very effective supplements that are worth the cost. Dr. Trenciansky is perfectly tuned into one's state of being. She takes awesome notes to stay accurate and informed with each visit and researches any topics on the spot for you. Now I'll always go to the Meditrine Clinic first with any health issue that may arise. The wholesome treatments bring about long lasting results without nasty side effects that some medications can cause. Cheers to Dr. Trenciansky! Thank you so much for helping me regain my health :).

flag | Submitted July 10, 2017

I was lucky enough to cross paths with Dr. Stephanie a few years ago and I couldn't be happier that I did. Our initial visits consisted of remedies for a plethora of digestion, hormonal, birth control and general woman issues. With Dr. Stephanie's guidance, in depth knowledge of herbal supplements and other natural remedies, I was able to combat my digestion and hormonal issues within a few months, balancing out my daily life and relationships in ways I haven't been able to for years. I've continued this maintenance under her guidance and have even sought out emotional therapy from her to round out my overall well-being - and I couldn't be more thankful. My health, relationships, self and overall quality of life have been the best they've ever been, and I couldn't have done it all without her.

flag | Submitted April 4, 2017

I can't say enough positive things about Dr. T - after years upon years of therapy for a range of digestive, woman and mental health concerns, I was lucky enough to cross paths with her and my life has forever changed. Her herbal recommendations, open mindedness, in depth knowledge of a plethora of life and medical concerns & remedies, is much much more than I could ever ask for in a doctor. I haven't had the need to seek alternative therapies since Dr. T - she's literally a one stop shop!

flag | Submitted April 4, 2017

I have been lucky enough to have been helped by Dr Stephanie over the past years. Previously, I had been suffering from severe stomach issues. With Dr Stephanie's help, and the EDS program, I have been able to overcome my stomach issues and live more comfortably day to day. Thank you , Dr. Stephanie with your guidance and support and helping me get through it. I would highly recommend this Natuopathic clinic for it's top notch care from Doctors and staff.

flag | Submitted November 26, 2016

After many years of suffering with low back pain I came to see Dr T to see if losing weight would help me. Not only did she help me to lose 40 pounds, but she was the only doctor to insist that I get an MRI done of my back because she was very concerned that I may have herniated discs. She was right I did at which point Dr T recommended acupuncture and bee venom injection treatments. I did these treatments once per week for a month and started to feel less pain and improved mobility. We decreased treatments ,but continued with them for 5 months. It has now been 3 years later and I can truly say that my back is fixed, I have no pain and full range of motion. My medical doctor can't believe that this worked. All I can say is if it wasn't for Dr T my life would've been miserable. You are a God send, Dr T, and I can't say how much I appreciate you. Thank you!!!!

flag | Submitted November 11, 2016

Stopped seeing Dr. T after being a faithful patient for years as I found the visits just got more and more expensive and I was not seeing results. Very disappointed with how much $$ I spent over the years to find out after seeing another Naturopath that I actually had a serious liver issue rather than food allergies and hormonal imbalance. What a misdiagnosis after so many years of loyalty.

flag | Submitted September 13, 2016

Dr. Stephanie Trenciansky

Dr. Stephanie Trenciansky's response
AFTER READING THIS REVIEW, I HAD TO TAKE A MOMENT TO ABSORB IT… I felt awful, so awful that I had nightmares about it that very night. Since you saw me for many years, you know that I take my job as a doctor very seriously and always do my utmost to help and educate my patients during their time with me. I love my work, I don't do it for the money, I do it because I want to help people get better. Since I am unaware of what you have been diagnosed with I am unable to gain insight into your liver issue. When treating my patients for enhancing their digestive function, I always include care for their liver, but this is not always framed as a primary therapeutic protocol. As physicians we try our best to diagnose a problem, but I will be the first one to admit that sometimes I don't have all the information needed for a optimal diagnosis. I am sad that this situation ended as it did (with both of us upset). If you are open I would very much appreciate you calling me to discuss this further. Regarding my fees, if one was to compare what our clinic charges to others you would find that we are one of the most reasonably priced in the Lower Mainland.

Submitted September 30, 2016

Fantastic doctor that has helped me, my family and several friends that I have referred to her. I know that she specializes in women's health but really she does everything, so if you have a problem go see her. The cost of visits and treatments are very reasonable. I especially loved doing the Vega food allergy test, which helped me to lose a tonne of weight and get my eating completely in line with staying healthy. Thank you for being there for me, you are great Dr.T.

flag | Submitted January 14, 2016

A friend recommended Dr. Stephanie to me after my previous doctor moved to another city. I had been getting treatment for adrenal fatigue and was not doing well at all. My symptoms were all over the map and Dr. Stephanie always listened with compassion and never made me feel like I was loosing it... (which I did at times). We worked together and slowly worked thru the symptoms and now I am at a place where I am feeling so much better. It's wonderful when you can find a doctor who cares and will take the time to listen. Caelin who works on the front desk always has a warm greeting as you come in. Thanks so much for Dr. Stephanie for your good care. Sherry

flag | Submitted September 5, 2014

Dr. Stephanie prices are very reasonable. Dr. Stephanie is very good with women's issues, eg. weight, hot flashes , menstrual as well as pre menopausal. Any issues you would have I would highly recommend her. I have been seeing for years and she has helped me out in all fields. I recommend her to everyone

flag | Submitted June 13, 2014

Dr. Stephanie Trenciansky's Credentials

Yes, this doctor is accepting new patients

Dr. Stephanie Trenciansky has an established medical practice in Langley, British Columbia. From young children to the elderly, patients have sought her help in treating their acute to chronic illnesses. Utilizing her skills in naturopathic medicine, nutrition, acupuncture, women’s health, intravenous therapies and chelation she has successfully treated her patients’ healthcare problems. She frequently lectures to the public, writes for magazines and has been a featured lecturer on local television. Dr. Trenciansky has spent over 2 years in the healthcare field. From a young age she knew she would be a healthcare practitioner. Her early interest was first in the conventional medical field. This interest eventually evolved into one for naturopathic medicine. Through this evolution, she came to understand that the “shot gun” approach of standard medical practice didn’t always work. Most patients require a comprehensive and individualized treatment strategy. It was through naturopathic medicine that Dr. Trenciansky was able to achieve this. Dr. Trenciansky graduated from UBC with a Bachelor of Science in Cell Biology. She then worked in the pharmaceutical industry for over 3 years. In 1992 she entered naturopathic medical school at Bastyr University in Seattle. After completing medical school, in 1997, she entered into private medical practice, which she continues to do today. During private practice she has further completed certification in acupuncture, chelation therapy and ozone therapy. In addition to private practice, she was the treasurer for the British Columbia Naturopathic Association for over 6 years.

• English

• Bastyr University, Seattle (Grad. 1997)