Ratings for Dr. Eddie Kwan

Single best medical experience ever. Got in 5 minutes early. Check in and preliminary testing by staff was friendly and very proficient. Listened to my concerns; answered my questions and did not keep me waiting anywhere along the line. Dr. Kwan likewise answered questions and imparted information in a friendly and professional manner. When we were done, he walked me back to reception and ordered follow up testing. Total time in office - including all tests - 25 minutes. Rating in all regards - staff to Dr. - 10 out of 10.

flag | Submitted September 20, 2017

We walked into the waiting room, and it was so overcrowded, patients were standing up against the wall, as all the chairs had been taken. The front receptionist has no people skills...being our second visit we thought maybe the visit a year earlier, they might have had a bad day. This group including Eddie, are all clones what a very unhappy group of people. As for the doctor, himself he came across as uncaring, and total lack of social skills...in a word "arrogant". We cancelled our appointment and left...(we talked to the receptionist...and she said go ahead,cancel!) not a good place to be. There was an older man sitting In a chair with an eye patch, with a smile on his face when we walked in...that vision is locked in my head. It was a look/smile of "help me" he was such a cute old man, and my heart still feels bad about seeing him, and not being able to do anything to help. This (and I use the word loosely) Doctor, should not be practicing. I asked him a simp,e question...if I receive the cateracts surgery will it help me?...he replied in a "talking down" voice..." That's the idea".. what a poor excuse for a specialisth. That was a couple of months ago and I cannot get the vision of that elderly gentleman out of my head. I suppose no one has explained the word "receptionist" to them....which is scarcely, that they have NO education.

flag | Submitted August 22, 2017

Completely useless. Front staff rude and unfriendly. In and out with him, you certainly could tell he does Not care about you. He did not even ask me one question. Worst experience ever.

flag | Submitted September 29, 2016

WORST EXPERIENCE EVER!!!!!!1 but stuck always check with someone before jumping into something to good to be true

flag | Submitted February 24, 2016

As a patient you are treated like a assembly line, always over booked waiting room, seen by his assistant then more to another chair in the hall for half a hour to 45 mins then assistant puts you in room to wait more, Kwan comes in sees you for a few mins, then you have to wait for assistant to explain, felt the script given was off told no its fine, did not bother to check, Not good to spend time with patients and rush them through.

flag | Submitted February 16, 2016

We have been most happy with Dr Eddie Kwan for 17 yrs.. Having been referred to him by a top opthomologist in the Ottawa Civic Hospital, Dr. Breton who taught laser surgery to opthomologists, having had tears in each retina, Dr Kwan has dealt with my husband's Type 2 Diabetes every 6 months , and did my cataract surgery last Aug & Nov & I could not be happier. The hospital staff was excellent, office staff was excellent. I have sat & waited but feel sure the appts are there but some diagnosis takes longer & give him his due, he is a specialist. Thank you, Dr Kwan.

flag | Submitted May 21, 2015

I have been under his care for about the last 10 years. He is very proficient as is his staff. He may seem rather terse in his communications but he will answer any questions that are asked and will explain his diagnosis. He has done cataract surgery on both my eyes with the result of improved vision with no discomfort. I am also diabetic and I see him every 6 months to keep track of my eyesight.

flag | Submitted November 18, 2014

Both cataract operations performed this year. The first one went smoothly, but the person who did the prep work for Dr. Kwan on the second surgery, was inept, and didn't appear to know what he was doing. Terrible experience, but I do understand that the physician has no control over who does the prep. Unsure why. Dr. K is very professional, explained everything and answered all my question. Not sure why I had so many follow up appts. after the first surgery, when there were no problems. Staff: seem very uncaring, almost rude.

flag | Submitted September 22, 2014

Had cataract surgery,one in april & another in July.Both surgeries went excellent. I can,t say enough about Dr. Kwan & I consider myself very fortunate to have been in his care.

flag | Submitted September 12, 2014

very abrupt, did not spend any valuable time with me, too quick to leave the room and on to the next patient ($$$). he is cold and uncaring in his demenor. he does not want to spend time with his patient and listen to their concerns. i will never go back to him again no matter what my GP says about him

flag | Submitted March 16, 2014