Ratings for Dr. Anne L. Mattson

Nasty nasty attitude. Has control issues and will only try to help if you dont question anything.

flag | Submitted July 7, 2017

She has the worst bedside manner I’ve ever experienced. Extremely aggressive and combative. The second time I went in to see her, she walks in the room, doesn’t smile or say hello, but instead barks at me “You didn’t call your numbers in like I told you to.” I was completely taken off guard, not just by her rudeness but also by the fact that I had called in my numbers like she had told me. I explained to her I did, and I reminded her that she had even made dosage changes to my medication as a result. She insisted she had no record of my numbers. Again I asked her, but why would you make changes to my meds if I hadn’t called in my numbers? She then picks up the phone calls her nurse and says “I’d like the dates and time and numbers Jessica called in. She says she did…… Uh-huh, nothing okay.” Hangs up the phone pointedly looks at me and says, “Well, my nurse has no record either.” I am unsure what to do and just meekly repeated that she adjusted my meds based on the numbers I called in. On both my first visit and second (and subsequently last) visit she told me I needed to lose weight (I am not obese but am overweight) and referred me to Overeaters Anonymous based solely on my weight. No other questions to truly ascertain if I had an eating disorder that required this course of treatment which I find extremely irresponsible. If she had focused more on, you should try eating better or exercising more, I would have no issue. But she was singularly focused on my weight. I guess if I was a bulimic that would be okay as long as I was skinny. Later, after the second visit I ran out of one of my scripts. I called to have it refilled. I hadn’t needed a refill on it because I had a bunch from my old doctor that I was going through. She has her nurse call and interrogate me as to why I need this med and why I never told her I was taking it. Again I was flabbergasted. I had told her on my first visit I was taking it, not to mention I had my medical records from my last doctor transferred to her. I explain to the nurse that I had been on it for years, that I did tell her about it already. The nurse calls back and tells me she’ll give me a 30 day refill only and that when I am back in her office she WILL be discussing this with me. I was terrified to call or come in to see her. On my second visit I had an issue I wanted to discuss with her and by the end of it, I didn’t because I was actually scared what her reaction would be. I ended up switching doctors because I didn’t like that she would withhold refills unless I promised to see her every three months. When I tried to explain that I have very poor insurance and I really couldn’t afford all those visits, she scoffed and said that maybe I should find a doctor in network. I told her she was in network. All she said was well, if you want refills you have to come and see me. I felt like everything was a fight with her and that she was completely unsympathetic, uncompromising and insensitive.

flag | Submitted June 29, 2017

Worst bedside manner ever. Rude, talks down to you, zero compassion and treats you like a moron. Dismisses your questions, acts above the creed. I do not recommend this doctor to anyone. All the positive reviews must be by family and friends because they couldn't be further from the truth.

flag | Submitted March 28, 2017

"Moody" is the perfect word. Fine one visit, rushed and frazzled the next. Bedside manor of an angry robot. Snapswhen under pressure and doesn't like basic questions.

flag | Submitted January 31, 2017

Moody, some visits ok others rude and cold, always rushed. I had a reaction to the medicine she prescribed. I wanted to look into alternatives, she said "If your not going to take it find another doctor" so I did. Medical condition corrected with alternative.

flag | Submitted November 4, 2015

I couldn't ask for a better doctor. She's shown me kindness and has never judged me in times of crisis. I know I can always get in to see her, get in touch with her or her staff when need be. She is willing to fight for me when I've hit a dead end with insurance companies or other issues. I know I can always count on her for encouragement when I've lost my fight

flag | Submitted June 30, 2015

I saw her many years ago. Told her I thought I might be starting menopause, was there a test for it? She said "Why would you want to know? Nothing you can do about it." I was stunned. I said "Because I want to know what is happening with my body and be informed about where I'm at." She said nothing to this. I would never recommend her.

flag | Submitted November 1, 2013

She is not compassionate and is very cold. I found her to not understand what I was dealing with, medical issues, and I felt like I was just pushed out the door. She might know her medical stuff, but her demeanor and personality is not warm and caring. I would not recommend her.

flag | Submitted July 16, 2010

I came back to Dr. Mattson after I got new insurance. It was a 8 year absence and I appreciate her now more then ever after having seen several other DRs. She is deliberate and very precise in her explanations and I find her manner to be very straight forward. It makes me feel like I am in good hands. I think she really likes her job and she should because she is a good at it. She listens, thinks and guides. What else could you want.

flag | Submitted May 18, 2010

She rushes people and don't want to listen. Did not even try to help me with my pain. She just gave me pills and told me to check back in 2 weeks. Seems like all the positive post are just family.

flag | Submitted January 23, 2010

Dr. Anne L. Mattson's Credentials

• Michigan State University College Of Human Medicine (Grad. 1990)

Top Urgent Care Centers in Mequon, WI