Ratings for Dr. Mark Lomaga

Saw my son for facial acne and dandruff. Knowledgeable.

flag | Submitted August 29, 2017

Went to see Dr. Mark Lomaga today. The receptionist were so nice, ask me to fill in a sheet about me got the first line done and Dr. Lomaga came right out and called me and I went right in. He took the time to explain everything. I was so confrontable with him. Fantastic staff and doctor. Helen

flag | Submitted August 3, 2017

One of the best run medical offices in the province. You see your Doctor at the appointed time, no waiting. Three appointments in a row. Staff are professional and polite. Very impressed. Also, Dr Lomaga is quite efficient at diagnosing the issues and he is a skilled doctor. My area shows no issues. Very happy and I highly recommend him to others.

flag | Submitted July 25, 2017

After reading some of the below reviews I was concerned leading up to my appointment yesterday. But I felt the need to come and leave a review because I had a fabulous experience with him. My appointment was for 2:30, I got there just after 2:15 knowing there would be paperwork to fill out. I was taken into the room around 2:24 and shortly after 2:30 Dr. Lomaga came in. It was ironic because as per usual my skin was under control at this point however I had pictures ready to show for when I had flareups. He took a look at the pictures, he took a look at my skin and automatically set me up with an allergist at St.Mikes. He did more for me in the first 7 mins of the appointment than my family doctor had done for me in YEARS. He then gave me a NEW Rx skin cream to try and said if I had ANY issues to contact him. The appointment was short and sweet which is just what I like. I was in awe of his immense knowledge and he is clearly VERY educated in his line of work and does not need to take hours to know what's wrong. Thank you SO much Dr. Lomaga. The last time I saw my family doctor I left in tears because they wouldn't do anything - leaving your office I FINALLY have hope for my skin!

flag | Submitted July 14, 2017

I have being going to Dr. Lamaga for 2 years. He prescribed me with the usual psoriasis treatments (creams and phototherapy) I have already had the first few times. When I explained that I was upset with always having psoriasis and wanted a more agressive treatment he prescribed me with stelara injections. It worked so well, I literally don't have a spot on me now. I understand the comments about his personality and I thought that on my initial visit but I think he is misunderstood because he is very knowledgeable and does not need loads of time to treat you. The stelara treatment has changed my life

flag | Submitted June 26, 2017

I am sure that Dr Lomaga is an extremely qualified physician. To that end, I wish he would have spent more than 10 seconds looking at my areas of concern. Dr. pimple popper indeed.

Submitted May 23, 2017

Dr. Lomaga, is an excellent physician, who is very personable, with his own unique style. I attend for yearly checkups with him, due to a family history of Skin Cancer (Melanoma, & Basal Carcinoma). There is no other Dermatologist that I trust more than him. He is thorough, professional, prompt, and his practice is clean and immaculate. The office is very well managed, giving me a reminder call before my appointment. He has provided excellent advice in regards to skin care, and all his staff (Lina) are incredibly helpful. They have provided yeoman service to me, and I am most appreciative. Thanks DermEdge for being on the cutting edge of amazing customer service.

flag | Submitted February 3, 2017

I was referred to Dr. Lomaga by my family doctor due to symptoms on my scalp and face Although I had to wait about 4 months to receive an appointment, I saw this as a good sign that he had a lot of business. When I went there for the first time for my consultation the waiting room was packed, yet he was still perfectly on time for my appointment. Although the appointment lasted maybe 5 minutes, he diagnosed my condition right away (psoriasis) and told me the steps and treatment I needed to take to try and keep it under control. I did what he suggested and my psoriasis has been under control since. The appointment was short but I really didn't require any more time seeing as he diagnosed and came up with a treatment plan in that time. I have also gone to him for Botox treatments and the first time I was terrified because I hate needles and he was very comforting and understanding. I felt a lot better once he tried talking to me to calm me down, and I barely felt the needles at all. I would definitely recommend him.

flag | Submitted December 15, 2016

I am highly disappointed with this doctor. Firstly we wait for so long for the appointment and then it gets over in 2 minutes. He does not look properly or he is too much of genius which i highly doubt. He diagnosed the same condition differently each time and i still feel that it is not correct diagnosis. Highly avoidable i would say.

Submitted December 7, 2016

Went to see Dr.Lomaga with my son today. Very concern about this appointment after I read all of negative reviews. Office was busy , however to my surprise we were called in to the treatment room only 5 min late then an appointment was scheduled for. Doctor arrived promptly and was very polite and knowledgeable. Gave us treatment options and explained potential outcome. Great visit!

flag | Submitted October 4, 2016

Dr. Mark Lomaga's Credentials

Yes, this doctor is accepting new patients

Dr. Mark Lomaga completed his Bachelors degree in Pharmacy (top Honours standing) at the University of Toronto in 1996 giving him a solid foundation in Therapeutics. Under the supervision of Dr. Tak Mak, and in collaboration with scientists at Amgen, he then proceeded to complete a Doctor of Philosophy degree in 2000 at the Princess Margaret Hospital in Toronto. This doctoral work led to highly-cited publications elucidating the role of TRAF-6, a key protein which mediates signaling from the TNF receptor superfamily. In 2004, he obtained his Doctor of Medicine degree along with numerous prestigious awards and scholarships for academic excellence and exemplary patient care. In the same year, he began his Dermatology Residency training at the University of Toronto, where in 2008, he was selected by the residency program to serve as Co-Chief Resident for the year. Having obtained his certification from the Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Canada and the American Board of Dermatology in 2009, Dr. Lomaga was recruited as a faculty member in the Division of Dermatology at Women’s College Hospital, where he taught medical students and dermatology residents within the University. Dr. Lomaga founded DermEdge in 2012. This full service dermatology clinic specializes in general medical and cosmetic/aesthetic dermatology. What sets us apart is his passion to bring the “bench-to-bedside”. As a physician and scientist, Dr. Lomaga serves as principal investigator in a variety of clinical trials with the ultimate goal of advancing cutting edge treatments in patients failing conventional therapies. Dr. Lomaga’s professional memberships include: Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Canada Ontario Medical Association Canadian Dermatology Association American Academy of Dermatology

• English