Ratings for Dr. Richard W. Colwill

Very knowledgeable doctor, people may have issues with 5-minute appointments but it is better than being stuck with a serious disease for hour appointments. Excellent, efficient, competent with a professional approach. Diagnoses are always tricky you are dealing with a body and one does not have x-ray eyes. lots of stuff goes into diagnosing an issue and treatments may not always help if you do not take your meds. Dr. Colwill knows more than you can ever know. Would recommend him highly. Gary

flag | Submitted August 24, 2018

Absolutely AWFUL! Saw him every 3 months for a year. In the beginning he seemed knowledgeable, until his treatment plan didn’t work. He never listened to my symptoms, his only solution was rounds of interferon. Which I had already done and it didn’t solve my issues. He has zero bedside manner. He is always late for appointments. He never makes eye contact. He is condescending and belittling. Awful experience for a year!

flag | Submitted July 17, 2018

Dr. Colwill saw me three or four times during late Summer-Autumn of 2015 when I was going through a cryptogenic liver failure. He was very prompt and professional in his assessment of my condition and sent me to liver people at Toronto General, who saved me my.

flag | Submitted March 20, 2018

Very kind and compassionate always takes time to explain things. Dr. Colwill is the best Doctor I ever had with regards to my treatment always caring. Keep up the good work Dr. Colwill.

flag | Submitted February 18, 2018

I really enjoy speaking with Dr Colwill. He takes the time to explain things and speaks to me as a person not a number.

flag | Submitted August 23, 2017

I am seeing him for low iron level since more than one year and at least 4 times so far. But no diagnosis and no solution so far. In the first visit he asked to take iron pills which I did. But it didn't change the iron level. Since then I see him every 3 months. I go with blood test report and come back with a comment "see you after 3 months". He never spends more than 5 minutes with any patient, but always running late. I don't understand how many patients does he see in a day. Useless. I am going to change the doctor now. What a waste of time!

flag | Submitted March 30, 2017

Very knowledgeable, kind and compassionate doctor. I always felt safe and cared for because he always took the time to answer every question or address all of our concerns. I truly know that he has done his best with regards to my treatment as a patient. I would recommend this gentleman/doctor to anyone who needs an Oncologist

flag | Submitted August 31, 2016

No bedside manner! Rarely makes eye contact. Doesn't provide a positive atmosphere.

flag | Submitted August 12, 2016

Dr Richard Colwill is the best doctor in the whole wide world.

flag | Submitted June 4, 2015

What started out as a seemingly nice, kind doctor turned into a useless doctor. Ignoring the patients physical complaints and brushing them off, then a more serious problem crops up and the cancer had spread, skirting the issues and not following up on his patient made for a very distressing time. Very unhappy!!!!

flag | Submitted May 25, 2015