Ratings for Dr. Richard W. Colwill

I really enjoy speaking with Dr Colwill. He takes the time to explain things and speaks to me as a person not a number.

flag | Submitted August 23, 2017

I am seeing him for low iron level since more than one year and at least 4 times so far. But no diagnosis and no solution so far. In the first visit he asked to take iron pills which I did. But it didn't change the iron level. Since then I see him every 3 months. I go with blood test report and come back with a comment "see you after 3 months". He never spends more than 5 minutes with any patient, but always running late. I don't understand how many patients does he see in a day. Useless. I am going to change the doctor now. What a waste of time!

flag | Submitted March 30, 2017

Very knowledgeable, kind and compassionate doctor. I always felt safe and cared for because he always took the time to answer every question or address all of our concerns. I truly know that he has done his best with regards to my treatment as a patient. I would recommend this gentleman/doctor to anyone who needs an Oncologist

flag | Submitted August 31, 2016

No bedside manner! Rarely makes eye contact. Doesn't provide a positive atmosphere.

flag | Submitted August 12, 2016

Dr Richard Colwill is the best doctor in the whole wide world.

flag | Submitted June 4, 2015

What started out as a seemingly nice, kind doctor turned into a useless doctor. Ignoring the patients physical complaints and brushing them off, then a more serious problem crops up and the cancer had spread, skirting the issues and not following up on his patient made for a very distressing time. Very unhappy!!!!

flag | Submitted May 25, 2015

5 years after being diagnosed with melanoma, Dr. Colwill told me I was okay, only to have the cancer return two weeks after my final visit with Dr. Colwill. This resulted in another 5 years of seeing another oncologist which included interferon treatment for 1 year.

flag | Submitted November 27, 2013

it takes forever to get an appointment with him (6 months) but he is a very smart doctor. once i had my first visit and started treatment that made me sick, he made time to see me the same day that i called with symptoms. he is very considerate, kind and spares me unnecessary medical tests. if i ever get cancer this is the oncologist i want. i trust his good judgment and obvious intelligence.

flag | Submitted April 8, 2013

Giving heads up to everyone in need of a hematologist / oncologist ..the best choice is Dr. Colwill, very professional, kind and very knowledgeable...Gary G

flag | Submitted April 3, 2013

was rude to me and my partner. he smells like smoke and I think he makes up answers to my questions when he doesn't know the real answer. I now travel 30 minutes to see a better doctor.

flag | Submitted March 13, 2013