Ratings for Dr. Alexandra Stefan

The first thing she said when she came in to see us was: I am not going to give you narcotics. And then she kept telling that we were not supposed to come there.... no help! She did nothing.

flag | Submitted May 24, 2018

Very unprofessional, no bedside manners, laughed at the concern that brought me to ER. She made me feel very uncomfortable and stupid. Then I realized that my symptoms were real and that I was concerned about my health, nothing to be afraid/ashamed of as this doctor made me feel. I went for a neurological problem and she kept saying that she didn't know what other test to offer me because she is not a neurologist. Terrible experience. Disappointed that Sunnybrooke has this bad doctor.

flag | Submitted April 21, 2017

She should not be consulting patients, but do research only. Terrible people person, does not look you in the eye. Aspergers?

flag | Submitted April 24, 2016

First time meeting this doctor at sunnybrook emergency. I took my father with Congestive Heart Failure symptoms and waited 4 hours in the waiting room and then several hours for the doctor once in a room and after having done the necessary xrays. She is knowledgeable but is very uncaring, cannot ask questions as she is annoyed with anyone other than herself speaking. She is impatient and seems to have one foot in the door and the other out. Bedside manner is a definite 0 out of 10. She seems to chuckle under her breath when relevant questions are asked. The only good thing I can say about the experience is that her student doctor Eric was great. Furthermore, since when do you leave heart patients that long to be checked on.

flag | Submitted September 24, 2015

Helpful and knowledgeable. Good bedside manner and good note taking which showed she cared. Asked questions and seemed genuine although very busy in emerge department. My ratings for staff and punctuality don't count due to emerge room situation.

flag | Submitted January 8, 2015

Unimpressed by bedside manner, seems knowledgeable but doesn't give the impression that she cares. Didn't delve further to find out about symptoms and didn't bother to get me the paperwork to authorize transfer of records from a different hospital. The only redeeming aspects of the ER visit were the relatively short wait time and the fantastic intern/clinician who tried his best to make us feel comfortable and understand the diagnosis, his bedside manner was beyond reproach and he will make a fantastic doctor someday, wish I could remember his name!

flag | Submitted June 7, 2013

Found this doctor completely lacking in badside manner and sensitivity. She delivered a difficult and sensitive diagnosis in a hallway, devoid of privacy and laughed at inappropriate moments. Lacks human qualities and empathy. Disappointing to encounter this calibre of doctor at Sunnybrook.

flag | Submitted May 15, 2011