Ratings for Dr. J Paul De Champlain

De Champlain is not a very nice guy but at least he seems to be competent.

flag | Submitted September 8, 2015

Submitted October 14, 2012

The most impersonal, unfriendly doctor I've ever seen. Zero social skills & gave me no new information after I waited 9 months to see him. Poked around at my joints & moved them about which took about 60 seconds. He then declared I had no rheumatoid factor present with no explanation. Would never return.

flag | Submitted June 15, 2012

Jean is a good doctor but did not check my body completely for swelling. My ankles are like balloons and he failed to check those at all. He did however do extensive x-rays on my hips, shoulders, chest. He could not verify I had a particular arthritis but did another. There is far too much swelling for osteo in my opinion and I know this body of mine really well. I think the arthritis is presenting itself as osteo but is RA or AS. My spine is hurting all the time and my lower back and neck. My muscles feel like I've ran a marathon non stop for a year. He is very smart, there is no doubt but so is my body. It is sneaky and can not give clear clues. I just hope if it is RA or AS that something shows early enough for treatment that will keep me out of being completely immobile. He did all tests necessary for diagnosis but I was on a high dose of prednisone at the time and it affected the outcome of those tests. I believe the tests should be re-done.

flag | Submitted April 25, 2012

I found this doctor to be kind and caring.He listened well and was patient to answer my questions. Knows his specialty very well. If a patient is seeking a social encounter with Chuckles the Clown...better not waste Dr. Paul's and their own time. If the patient is seeking treatment and answers for RA, Dr. Paul is your man. Excellent timekeeping and pleasant staff.

flag | Submitted November 18, 2011

I have never in my life visited a doctor with such a terrible manner. Iwill never return to his office. He was condescending, unfriendly and borderline rude. Don't go....

flag | Submitted September 29, 2011

This has to be the worst medical experience of my life. No personallity AT ALL, felt like I was bothering him the entire time, very difficult to talk to. Will not go back, would rather pay the ferry fees to go to the mainland. Do not go to him unless you have no other choice.

flag | Submitted September 1, 2011

I have been seeing this doctor for a few years now. He is kind, polite, competent and very helpful. He has a great staff and is always on time.

flag | Submitted May 21, 2011

Awful Dr. I saw him for Ra treatment. He told me there was nothing the matter and to go home. I had a scan done from another Dr and found out I have a disease in my spine called ankylosing spondylitis and now take injections for it. We found him rude and unhelpful

flag | Submitted May 15, 2011