Dr. Prati Sharma

Ratings for Dr. Prati Sharma

We're very pleased with our experience with Dr. Sharma, and found her kind and personable. Like all of the CREATE docs, she's extremely busy, especially during chaotic cycle monitoring hours when tons of patients are filtering in and out. We did IVF, and I had a lot of questions about CREATE's protocols and what to expect - to make sure I'd get sufficient time with Dr. Sharma to feel comfortable with our decisions, I booked a separate afternoon appointment with her so I could get all of my questions answered, which worked out really well. I appreciated that my treatment was always a discussion rather than her decision, and I never felt pressured to opt for medications or processes that I didn't feel 100% positive about.

flag | Submitted November 13, 2017

She was great with me and my wife and with her help were having our 2nd child a baby boy both are kids ate because of create and forever will be greatful to them

flag | Submitted October 24, 2017

My consult with Dr Sharma was spent with her texting the entire time. She then led me out to the reception area where she LOUDLY went over my protocol (patient confidentiality anyone?) I figured between that and the filthy bathrooms and fish tank - if they can't even maintain those 2 simple things- how can I possibly trust them with my fertility treatments? Bowed out of that clinic right quick.

flag | Submitted October 8, 2017

I reluctantly post this review of Create and Dr. Sharma. I have tried so hard to be positive about the process at Create, but it has gotten to a point where I feel compelled to at least warn other patients. I hope to share an accurate reflection of my experience (both positive and negative), and hope it is helpful to someone else. Create is a very, very busy clinic. On the plus side, they have streamlined a lot of processes, and get results back quickly. On the other hand, they have too many patients, and not enough time to offer quality service. I know that OHIP billing leaves little incentive for a doctor to spend time with a patient - it is difficult for them too. I consider the clinic staff to be fairly knowledgeable in fertility procedures - the main issue is communication (or rather, a lack thereof). There are a lot of desperate couples/people trying to have a child, and the clinic knows it. To say you are just a number is an understatement. The staff appear to be busy, and overworked. The staff do not have time to answer questions. They do not have time to answer emails, phone calls, or provide any assistance. The best way to reach them is in-person, and even then, it often takes 5-10 minutes for someone to speak to you when you are standing right at the counter. They do not have enough support or assistance to do their job well. There are a few shining stars - like ultrasound technician manager Larissa - but for the most part, you are just another number. Dr. Sharma startles me as a doctor. She is knowledgeable, but her bedside manner is atrocious. Just to see Dr. Sharma is often a several hour wait, after an appointment is scheduled. Even when I call the clinic on the same day as my appointment to confirm what time is best to attend (i.e. should I come an hour later if she is running late?), my partner and I are still often stuck waiting for more than an hour. When Dr. Sharma meets with you, she is always in a hurry. After waiting for 3 hours for her, you feel terrible for taking more than 5 minutes of her time. She does not like to be questioned - whether it is about the tests she is ordering, the pills she is prescribing and the side effects, or her process. She tells you tests are mandatory, and refuses to treat you if you say you have some concern over doing certain tests. She defers your questions to the next time she will see you, and expects that you will be willing to simply follow her blindly. Then at the next session, she is too busy to answer your questions. I actually have to rank my questions in order of priority before I meet her, because I'll be lucky to get one or two questions answered. I have also met with Dr. Librach, who is better with questions and bedside manner, but I still left my appointment with him confused by the process and frustrated. Appointments and tests are booked without your consultation or agreement, in the middle of a work week. The clinic is unwilling to move a test by even an hour to accommodate a work schedule - it is just expected that, when they say jump, you jump. Understandably, they schedule certain types of procedures at certain times or days of of the week - but even when asking for an accommodation within their prescribed schedule, they are still unwilling to modify. I am not advised about the risks of a procedure before it is done, or what to expect. Testing information is often provided from a pre-printed sheet at the end of your session, so that you are unable to actually read it and ask questions about the test. I don't need my doctor to be my best friend. When she tells me I need to lose weight, I agree - and I don't take it personally. I am not asking for someone to hold my hand or baby me. All I am asking for is good medical treatment, and for the doctor to take the time to provide me with instructions, advice, and answer questions. I do not feel as though I am getting either at Create or with Dr. Sharma. I started off at Create because my physician referred me to that clinic. The only reason I have not left is because the clinic is conveniently located (which is helpful given how many appointments are involved in this process!) and I have already started on the fertility treatment path. If I try to move to another clinic, I will only delay the process even further, and subject myself to barrage of tests over again. Perhaps people who have not yet started on the process might benefit from this review. Wishing you all much success in your fertility journey.

flag | Submitted August 8, 2017

Where to begin wth Dr. Sharma and Create? I'll start off with a positive comment - the blood techs, nurses and ultrasound techs are awesome, they are the best part of this clinic. Dr. Sharma on the other hand, is not the type of reproductive specialist I wanted to be a patient of. She is abrupt, always late, always in a hurry, and seems to just not care. I could live with all of this, but the thing that ruins it all for me is the fact that she has no concept of discreetness and patient confidentiality. If you are a medical professional, you shouldn't announce treatment plans, past histories or issues surrounding your patient in front of dozens of other people. This also shows me she just does not give a single $hit about her patients, and is basically there to get as many billings as possible. Dr. Sharma, if by any chance you read these reviews, please, PLEASE work on your bedside manner, try to be a little more considerate of your patients. Fertility is a huge stressor, all any of your patients want is to be able to have kids, and often times you are our last hope.

flag | Submitted July 10, 2017

After my first consultation (which was nothing short of a disaster), Dr Sharma announced my and my husband's private issues very loudly across the reception area as she was walking away from us and there were many people (staff and patients) in earshot. We were so humiliated and shocked. The staff at Create are a disorganized mess and it takes such a long time for anyone to respond to emails. There are other clinics in Toronto with far better staff and doctors where you are treated like a human being.

flag | Submitted June 17, 2017

I had a consultation with her and she spent the whole time texting on her phone. She then brought me out to her receptionist while she loudly announced to the receptionist my protocol. Has no one heard of patient confidentiality at this clinic? I ran for the hills.

flag | Submitted May 25, 2017

I want to write something nice, but I just can't. I'm so tired of the run around I'm getting. Dr. Sharma (though knowledgeable) can be very abrupt and has no qualms about loudly discussing my private matters in the very public reception area. I have been given shockingly little information about the various procedures, their cost, or how to prepare for them, so I am always in the dark and have to do all the research on my own. Dr. Sharma can also be...shall we say...a little *rough*. To make matters worse, her receptionist takes AGES to respond to my requests for appointments. I can understand waiting a day for her to get back to me, but FIVE days??? That's just not right. At this point, I'm strongly considering switching clinics altogether. Infertility is stressful enough; I do not need this added aggravation. The only thing that I like about the clinic is the technicians working there. If it wasn't for them, I'd have run for the hills a long time ago. Think long and hard before choosing Create.

flag | Submitted May 8, 2017

Was a patient of Dr Sharma off and on for 7 months before I was "graduated" to a Sunnybrook OB for the duration of my pregnancy (now have a happy, healthy 4-month old girl). In the time I was her patient I went through 4 IUIs, and ectoptic pregnancy, a laparoscopic surgery, and a funded IVF cycle. I have no health care coverage outside of OHIP, and she was always understanding that cost was a consideration for us. When I was going through the ectopic pregnancy (a potentially very dangerous outcome) she called me after hours to check on me and was always open and available to discuss my issues. It is true that during cycle monitoring you have to wait for a LONG time to see her. I was initially frustrated by this until I realized that she was usually dealing with patients in the OR during those hours as well. Just like any health practice, there are patients who need more attention than others to ensure their safety and deal with complications arising from treatment. Jasmine was always friendly and helpful. When you are a fertility patient you are dealing with one of the most stressful, emotionally draining times of your life. Consider that when reading negative reviews. With the benefit of hindsight and an adorable baby in my arms, I can say that Dr. Sharma was an extremely helpful, attentive doctor whose entire goal was to get me pregnant as soon as possible. And she succeeded!

flag | Submitted May 1, 2017

Quite possibly one of the worst doctors on this planet. If you want to waste a bunch of money, wait hours only to be seen for a few min with absolutely no results, she is the doctor for you. I don't know what medical school she graduated from, but even talking to her, you feel like Einstein next to her. Not very bright and a horrible doctor

flag | Submitted April 1, 2017