Dr. Julia Cheng

World Class Punctuality Badge
Exceptionally Helpful Badge
Highly Knowledgeable Badge

Ratings for Dr. Julia Cheng

I went and saw Julia after as a referral from my doctor. I have been suffering from chronic pain after a car accident i was in about 2 years ago, i have tried all forms of therapy yet i am still in pain, so i thought i would try this. I am however, EXTREMELY scared of needles. It has always been my biggest fear but as i said i was willing to do anything at this point to help my pain. I went in and expressed my anxiety and she basically brushed it off like no big deal, i started crying and she just said "it doesn't even hurt". She didn't tell me what may be causing my pain or explain to me anything she just stuck the needles in and left me sitting there for 10 minutes. I'm sure shes a great acupuncturist but she is not sympathetic in the least, and did not help me to feel comfortable. I wont be going back.

flag | Submitted April 12, 2018

I have see Dr. Cheng many times for about 10 years, for a few different things. My shoulder pain and allergies and fertility and I have had very good results. I had really bad allergies and to this day I have no allergies symptoms and I take no allergy meds and it has been about 6 years allergy free. I had such bad pain in my shoulder I couldn't even move my shoulder and 3 sessions later it was all better. I also couldn't get pregnant and she treated me for infertility and I got pregnant with in 6 months. I refer Dr. Cheng to everyone I swear by acupuncture and she is the best. I have been to many acupuncturist and have had no results but with Dr. Cheng I always come out feeling better. She is also very knowledgeable and best in the industry. TY

flag | Submitted October 27, 2017

I've rec'd treatment from her 5 times over the past 8 yrs. She is pleasant and gentle, she knows exactly what to do.

flag | Submitted May 19, 2017

Pain was reduced drastically in first visit. Very knowledgable.

flag | Submitted March 24, 2017

I have been seeing Julia now for over a year for many different things. She has helped me with my neck pain, tooth pain, sinus infection where no other practioneer has been able to help me before. She is a kind, compassionate doctor. I would highly recommend Julia Cheng!! I'm so thankful my family doctor recommended her to me!!

flag | Submitted February 20, 2017

I have been involved in several unfortunate accidents in the last 4 years. Because of this I suffer from chronic pain and arthritis and depression. I'd almost given up hope before coming to see Dr. Cheng. She acknowledged my pain which so many other Dr's told me was in my head, and she has decreased my pain by 40% in 3 months. She is an amazing practitioner. Kind, compassionate and patient. Thank you Julia for making my life better

flag | Submitted November 21, 2015

It's obvious that this lady in her own head feels attacked. You get to own that ma'am. It was not just I that heard how you spoke to Julia that day, it was 3 other clients as well and we all felt bad for Dr cheng when you left. Perhaps just accept that this wasn't for you and move on.

flag | Submitted November 20, 2015

If the lady below who said she was present during my treatment reads this, could you please enlighten me on any behaviours you observed or overheard that were "rude and curt " on my part? I would genuinely like to understand, in case I am missing something from what I would consider an accurate and relatively objective recollection of my experience. I came in with an open mind and open heart, grateful for the opportunity to work with such a well reviewed acupuncturist. Her responses to me were very cold, and accusatory. And yes, I cried in response to them, and she showed NO compassion or understanding for me. No questions, no kleenex, just "I told you to relax!"The only personal issues I brought with me were jaw pain, and sensitivity. I will absolutely acknowledge that I can be a sensitive person, but certainly not an irrational or adversarial one. I think my responses to her were friendly and fair. Afterwards when I was paying for my session and she told me I needed more sessions, I told her I would try someone else, and I found her to be a bit mean. She did not respond to this comment well, and tears did start to fall again. This is the only response of mine I think could be interpreted as rude, but I do think it's important to tell others (especially professional providers of health services) the way that they have made you feel and what your experience of them was. I was not angry or adversarial, I was just confused and hurt. But I will own that this is the only thing I said that could be interpreted as rude. I study human behaviour and provide psychological services for a living, I am well versed in staying objective. Julia on the other hand took very little time to understand what I told her, and did not seem to have relevant knowledge of post traumatic stress.

flag | Submitted November 6, 2015

I have been seeing Dr CHENG for a neck injury due to a rear end accident at a stop light. My injury caused chronic pain for months before I saw her and no treatment was working. Julia was very patient and understanding. She always took the time to assess and explain what her plan of treatment was. She was always genuinely concerned with my personal health and well being. She is one of the most compassionate and caring health practitioners I have ever had the pleasure of having care for me. She has made significant improvement in my recovery due to her treatment. For that I am very thankful and would recommend her without hesitation. Mike

flag | Submitted November 3, 2015

I would like to respond to the lady's comments below about her visit to Julia. I was also in the office that day in the room next door and the only person who was rude and curt that day was the client. Julia was as kind and sweet and gentle as she always is with me. She has always taken her time with me. I have suffered chronic pain for 4 years and she is the only one who has helped. I think this lady had personal issues she brought with her and took them out on Dr cheng. Shame on her!!!

flag | Submitted October 30, 2015