Ratings for Dr. Paul Gerarchi

After consultation with Dr. Gerarchi, I decided to proceed with midface lift, lateral browlift, lower blepharoplasty, facial micro-liposuction and CO2 laser resurfacing to face and neck; quite a lot of work, but I was confident that Dr. Gararchi would give me the age appropriate (62YO) look that I wanted, after seeing gravity taking over my face for the past few years - heavy brows/jowls, and 'laughter lines' that were no longer funny! I was in hospital overnight and the first 3 days were not pleasant - redness and swelling from the CO2, but like a miracle, by day 7 I was feeling fine and by day 10, was looking very presentable and well able to go to work meetings etc. Most people just remark on how well I look, and that is exactly the result I was hoping for, and Dr. Gararchi delivered! The Face Institute team; Wendy, Sam and Susi were extremely helpful and supportive. Would recommend Dr. Gararch and The Face Institute without hesitation

flag | Submitted February 6, 2017

I can’t speak highly enough about my dealings with all the staff at The Face Institute. From my first appointment with Dr G I have never felt that I was pushed into any decisions. I have always felt very comfortable speaking to Dr G and have welcomed his honest perspective on any matters that I raised with him. I want to extend on this in terms of the ‘going the extra mile’ that Dr G does whenever I’ve not been able to see him – he always answers any electronic queries I might have in a timely manner. Additionally, from Wendy in administration to both Sam and Susi they all have been tremendous with all pre/post op care and they truly make you feel that they want the best results for you. All the team are really caring and supportive. I have never felt hesitate in the lead up to surgery and the staff provide a range of information with both pre and post operations and should you need to clarify any information, the staff are more than happy to answer your questions or go over what is to be expected. My recovery has been amazing. Extremely simple, pain free and seeing the results I know that I had made the right decision to commute the distance I do (4 hours turn around) to attend The Face Institute. As with all surgery you don’t want to look like you have had surgery – I have had many friends along with family members say how well I look or you don’t look your age. I do get a number of comments to say how good my skin looks (thanks Sam & Susi).The way I feel now is that the ‘age clock’ has been turned back making me feel that my appearance matches my energetic attitude towards life. Now days so many of us take much better care of ourselves than from previous generations but there is only so much that you can do when it comes to the aging progression, so why not seek out the professional services of a specialist clinic where you feel comfortable. I would have no hesitations in recommending having surgery to others or sharing my experiences. I think that everybody deserves to look as good as they feel. One more point I would like to make about The Face Institute is how aesthetically pleasing the clinic is to visit. It is always hygienic and presented in a professional manner.

flag | Submitted February 4, 2017

I am a 48 year old professional sales woman who has recently undergone extensive facial surgery by Dr Gerachi at the Face Institute and am writing this to share my incredible experience and transformation; the incredible highs and a relatively few lows so that you may gain insights into the emotional side of it all. Working in sales, a significant contributor to my success is forging successful relationship with my clients. A first impression with a new client will often determine the outcome. I have a very expressive face and have a tendency to frown when listening and, over the years, this had forged deep furrows and made me look rather "cranky" and severe when, in fact, I am nothing like that, so when I was negotiating with clients, I was often negatively received. Coupled with that, the double chin I have carried around since childhood was becoming more prominent and I just looked haggard. Catching my reflection in a mirror or on the device I use in my work was causing me great anguish because I just didn't feel as tired and a miserable as I looked. I had recently come out of a long term relationship and made the decision that it was time to do something about how I was feeling, to invest in myself, so to speak. I went online and started searching for chin lifts, Botox and face lifts.... the plethora of personal journeys, before and after shots was quite overwhelming; some were encouraging by how fabulous the results and others downright disastrous looking like aliens re entering the earths atmosphere at a great speed their faces so badly altered. I took about eight months of online searching and thinking to commit to the decision, it is my face, after all. I did not want to go to one of those "cheap" Thailand places as I firmly believe in the talent and expertise of our own. After reading extensive personal accounts of and seeing the before and after shots online, it was the testimonies and photos of Dr Gerarchi's that I kept going back to; the results in the photos simply breathtaking and yet so natural. From my very first online enquiry, the experience I have had with the Face Institute has been amazing. Wendy Scholl, the practice manager initially sent me a very comprehensive email outlining dr Gerachi's extensive experience, treatment options, what to expect, etc that was so considered it waylaid any concerns I had about their practice and what I was considering doing to my face. Dr Gerachi, from the outset, incredible in his professionalism, warmth and listening to what I liked and didn't like about my face. His recommendation of a chin implant, brow and facelift and some Botox/filler for my frown all very carefully explained in terms of procedure/incisions, down time, financial outlay, results etc etc. I just felt comfortable with the face institute from the get go. I felt nothing but excitement and realistic outcome expectations for what was about to happen! In terms of the actual surgery ... I slept through it so I can't tell you what happened on he table but I had absolutely no pain, with the exception of a raging headache post surgery. As expected, I was incredibly swollen in my face but no pain. As dr Gerachi had told me, the first two weeks were the worst with stitches, compression headband, adjusting to the chin implant and the effects of the anaesthetic which made me very tired throughout the day. Once again, the follow up from the face institute was just so lovely with a phone call in the second day at home to see how I was. My follow up a week later was again, really caring and kind. I had developed a slight pooling of liquid in my right temple which had to be drained. That was the only pain I experienced in the entire time of my journey. Again, the sensations of numbness and the other symptoms I was feeling were all addressed by Dr Gerachi and the wonderful team at the practice. What I have so appreciated are the post, non surgery treatments that have been recommended by Wendy and the other talented practitioners to help me get the best out of this extensive investment; the chemical peels, omnilux light therapy and creams, all of which I have done and am still doing. As far as the results go..... I have never felt so confident, beautiful and happy in my entire life! I have a jawline for the first time ever . My frown is a memory and the tired face has been replaced with me, twenty years ago! The best part is that my friends, colleagues and even my sister can't quite put a finger on what I've done, it's so natural. Dr Gerachi, because he specialises on the face, is a genius! I admit to Botox and a new hair colour when pushed. I have recommended the face institute to all my friends that know what I have actually done and will continue to do so. A picture paints a thousand words... Here are mine (see attachments) I'm almost eight weeks in and every day is just a delight. I haven't stopped smiling and am just so pleased I finally did this.

flag | Submitted January 28, 2017

I saw Dr Gerachi in 2015 for a revision rhinoplasty after several revisions with other well regarded surgeons had not achieved an acceptable result. I was referred to him by a top reconstructive surgeon whose opinion was that after multiple procedures Dr Gerachi was one of very few who could give me a high standard of cosmetic result as well as fixing significant breathing issues. Dr Gerachi took plenty of time in pre-surgery consults, going into detail about the procedure. He was honest about risks and felt he could achieve a result that addressed all my aesthetic concerns. This was a serious decision for me financially but more so as medically I could only have one more procedure. The detail and honesty convinced me Dr Gerachi was the right choice and I went ahead. 18 months on and my expectations have been completely exceeded, Dr Gerachi gave me back length to my nose taken away in previous procedures, restored the definition in the tip, and gave me back the symmetry in both profiles and from the front. Also, my nostrils are now even in shape and size. Though the cosmetic result was my big priority, the improvements in my breathing were far more than I’d hoped for and the issues with airflow are completely gone I found his office to be accommodating and the costs provided for the procedure were accurate. Wendy, Sam and his nurse Suzie were always professional, pleasant and helped make the whole process easier. I also found the follow up care from Dr Gerachi and his staff to be of a high standard and always available with the few minor issues I had post surgery. I am very happy with the results, everything I wanted addressed has come out better than I expected and after several serious procedures over a number of years I genuinely don’t look as though I’ve had surgery on my nose. I would happily recommend Dr Gerachi to other patients, particularly those needing revisions.

flag | Submitted November 27, 2016

I had a consultation with Dr Gerarchi last week. I have a skin issue the size of less than one cheek and we came up with a plan to laser the skin every 4-6 weeks with deepfx at a low density of 10%, so I assumed I could need 10 treatments. He seemed quite pleasant and I was interested in going ahead despite some red flags... Then I got the quote. THREE GRAND each treatment! I almost fell out of my chair. I have had every kind of laser imaginable and have never been quoted a price like this for such a small area. I called another clinic with the same laser just to make sure I wasn't confusing something and they said a chin for example is about $500. I don't expect the same price but I expect something within the realm of what others are charging, not 6 times more. I spoke to Wendy on the phone who told me that the treatment would take 1 hour - this is a lie - I have previously had a full face of resurfacing under sedation and it took less that 1 hour. The doctor told me I only needed two injections for this. I also asked if they do test spots to check skin reaction and she said they do not, upon inquiring about safety she said that if I paid for a full treatment I could opt to pay extra for a test spot. Lol I guess a 30,000 treatment plan is not enough to cover a test spot.... I also asked her to double check the price because its so extreme and I thought there must be a mistake, I never heard back from her. Needless to say I'll be going elsewhere for all my skin needs (laser, botox, fillers, revision rhino). I wouldn't recommend anyone waste their money on a consult.

flag | Submitted July 5, 2016

Dr. Paul Gerarchi

Dr. Paul Gerarchi's response
Dear Catherine, Thank you for writing the above review, it is unfortunate that the estimate provided to you did not meet with your expectation. We do how ever hope, that you find a cheaper price and that you are happy with the outcome of your procedure. Kindest Regards Wendy

Submitted July 12, 2016

After consultation with Dr. Paul Gerarchi I decided to go ahead whit a full facelift, brow lift, eyelid reduction and PRP decol.in May 2016. I couldn't be happier with result, with Dr. Gerarchi and all his team at Chatswood. A big thank you to all involved.

flag | Submitted June 1, 2016

I recently had juvederm fillers at The skin institute . I'm wrapped with the results and it was definitely worth the research because i ended up with the most natural look . I found Dr Gerarchi very easy to talk which set aside any concerns i had. Can't wait to go back and pamper myself some more and see all the lovely staff again .

flag | Submitted May 5, 2016

I couldn't be happier with the result! You will be too so don't waste time and money on othe surgeons. Just go see him and the fabulous team of ladies in the clinic!

flag | Submitted April 27, 2016

Hi. This is a long reviews but if you read it all I'm going to give you the whole story as I wish I had read the same before I went in as I wouldn't have been as nervous. I was recommended to Dr Gerarchi by a friend who works in the industry and had seen his work. She said the results she had seen were very natural which was important to me as I was only 48 and wanted subtle work for the beginning signs of aging. It may have been a bit young to go for something as dramatic as a facelift but I have spent most of my career working as a model, and as shallow as it is I wasn't enjoying my newly drooping eyelids and slightly sagging jowl area. Going into my appointment my intention was to have a short scar face lift and upper lid blepharoplasty. After discussion with Dr Gerarchi I also chose to have laser underneath my eyes for the dark circles and fine lines that were beginning to appear there. I decided to go ahead with the procedure and when booking staff offered my a deal to also include Total FX Laser to refresh my whole face in terms of skin quality, which I took. Coming up to my surgery date I started to get cold feet/scared and my husband asked me to cancel as he didn't think I needed the work. I called and spoke to Wendy and she gave me plenty of time to talk and was so reassuring that I decided to go ahead. Leading up to the day of the procedure, on the day of the procedure and after the procedure I can't say enough about how lovely all the staff were. I was so scared and worried and they were just so beautiful, caring and comforting. After the procedure I looked a nightmare for a week, my face was so swollen, I had stitches in my eyes and around my ears, my skin was so red and I thought I'd never look like myself again. I had bandages around my head, had to sleep sitting up and had drains hanging from the bandages at my ears. Conversely I had no pain. My husband was horrified and I had to keep telling him and myself this was normal as I had been warned. The second week most of the swelling had gone down and my skin was peeling off from the laser. By the second weekend my stitches were out, I was at a Sunday BBQ and no one could tell the difference. I had to wear concealer and foundation to disguise the bit of bruising that was still there and some redness on my face but it wasn't hard to cover up. From there on it was a bit of a journey, my eye seemed to be pulling in one spot, I had a bit of pull on my cheekbones if you looked from the side and as a beach lover it was killing my to wear so much sunscreen and massive hats to protect my lasered skin. Sam kept reassuring me it would get better and best results would take a year but I wasn't sure and was slightly regretting the addition of the FX Laser to my procedure. For this reason it has taken me 11 months to give my review. Don't get me wrong I have looked so much better post than prior to procedure from week 2 but wanted to get the full results. So.. one year on and they were right. I am almost 49 and people can't believe it if I tell them. I had always looked younger than my age but this has taken off 10 years. The results are subtle no one would ever pick it but my eyes are great they have a lovely, normal looking upper lid and look fresh on the lower lid, my jowls and sagging on lower face have gone but I am not wind tunnel tight, and best of all (thank you Sam) my skin quality is lovely again (although as an olive skinned person I did have a bit of pigmentation because I didn't follow the rules and stay completely out of the sun, but it's gone now). So I can't speak for everyone else who has reviewed but my experience was amazing from start to finish and when it all starts falling down again I will be back to Dr Gerarchi for the subtle but great results he gives. The 2 weeks downtime whilst highly unpleasant was a tiny price to pay for the long term results. If I had to think of one negative the only advice I would give is for Dr Gerarchi to spend more time with patients on follow up. I know his time is precious and his staff do a great job in taking over but it would take my rating from a 9.5 to a 10!

flag | Submitted September 4, 2015

After consultation with Dr Gerarchi I decided to go ahead with a facelift and rhinoplasty operation in Feb this year and am so happy with the results. I was initially very hesitant but was reassured by the caring and professional manner of both Dr. Gerarchi and all his team at Chatswood. The advise I received was comprehensive and the outcome was all I had hoped for, very natural and subtle. The care I received after the operation was superb and I would highly recommend Dr. Gerarchi to anyone. A big thank you to all involved.

flag | Submitted August 31, 2015

Dr. Paul Gerarchi's Credentials

Yes, this doctor is accepting new patients

Dr. Gerarchi is an Australian trained specialist surgeon (FRACS), whose practice is dedicated to the functional, reconstructive and aesthetic surgery of the nose, face and eyes. Dr. Gerarchi’s advanced surgical training is extensive. After becoming a specialist surgeon and Fellow of the Royal Australasian College of Surgeons, Dr. Gerarchi continued his sub-specialization by undertaking several post-fellowship advanced subspecialty training posts. He continued to accumulate experience internationally with leading Head and Neck Surgeons, Facial Plastic Surgeons, and Plastic and Reconstructive Surgeons, gaining familiarity in progressive and innovative surgical techniques. Dr. Gerarchi has completed the American Board of Facial Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery Examination, currently the only international examination that focuses solely on the discipline of Facial Plastic Surgery. Dr. Gerarchi has also met the standards required of the International Board for Certification in Facial Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery (IBCFPRS) and is a diplomat of this organisation. Dr. Gerarchi’s clinical background in both Facial Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery and Head and Neck Surgery provides his patients with a unique expertise and understanding in the cosmetic and reconstructive surgery of the nose, face, and eyes. He will suggest to you choices to manage your concern that are personalized and in your best interest. Dr. Gerarchi provides his patients with exacting and professional care founded solidly within his experience and expertise. He is committed to delivering the very highest quality surgical treatments. Dr. Gerarchi is the founder of The Face institute, a specialist that which he created specifically to provide the very highest quality in face related treatments. QUALIFICATIONS : • Bachelor of Medicine & Bachelor of Surgery • Fellow of The Royal Australasian College of Surgeons (ORL-HNS) • Board Examination, The American Academy of Facial Plastic & Reconstructive Surgery • International Board for Certification in Facial Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery (IBCFPRS), Diplomat Post-fellowship (FRACS) advanced subspecialty training posts : • Australasian Academy of Facial Plastic Surgery Fellow, Sydney • Head, Neck & Skull Base Surgery Fellow Guys Hospital, London • Rhinology & Rhinoplasty Fellow Guys Hospital, London • Aesthetic Plastic Surgery Fellow, Wellington Hospital, London Craniofacial Plastic & Reconstructive Surgery Fellow, Chelsea & Westminster Hospital, London PROFESSIONAL MEMBERSHIPS: • Royal Australasian College of Surgeons • Australasian Society of Otolaryngology, Head & Neck Surgery • Australasian Academy of Facial Plastic Surgery • European Academy of Facial Plastic Surgery • International Federation of Facial Plastic Surgery Societies • Australasian Rhinology Society • Royal Society of Medicine • Australian Medical Association

• Face-lift