Ratings for Dr. Paul Gerarchi

I had a consultation with Dr Gerarchi last week. I have a skin issue the size of less than one cheek and we came up with a plan to laser the skin every 4-6 weeks with deepfx at a low density of 10%, so I assumed I could need 10 treatments. He seemed quite pleasant and I was interested in going ahead despite some red flags... Then I got the quote. THREE GRAND each treatment! I almost fell out of my chair. I have had every kind of laser imaginable and have never been quoted a price like this for such a small area. I called another clinic with the same laser just to make sure I wasn't confusing something and they said a chin for example is about $500. I don't expect the same price but I expect something within the realm of what others are charging, not 6 times more. I spoke to Wendy on the phone who told me that the treatment would take 1 hour - this is a lie - I have previously had a full face of resurfacing under sedation and it took less that 1 hour. The doctor told me I only needed two injections for this. I also asked if they do test spots to check skin reaction and she said they do not, upon inquiring about safety she said that if I paid for a full treatment I could opt to pay extra for a test spot. Lol I guess a 30,000 treatment plan is not enough to cover a test spot.... I also asked her to double check the price because its so extreme and I thought there must be a mistake, I never heard back from her. Needless to say I'll be going elsewhere for all my skin needs (laser, botox, fillers, revision rhino). I wouldn't recommend anyone waste their money on a consult.

flag | Submitted July 5, 2016

Dr. Paul Gerarchi

Dr. Paul Gerarchi's response
Dear Catherine, Thank you for writing the above review, it is unfortunate that the estimate provided to you did not meet with your expectation. We do how ever hope, that you find a cheaper price and that you are happy with the outcome of your procedure. Kindest Regards Wendy

Submitted July 12, 2016

After consultation with Dr. Paul Gerarchi I decided to go ahead whit a full facelift, brow lift, eyelid reduction and PRP decol.in May 2016. I couldn't be happier with result, with Dr. Gerarchi and all his team at Chatswood. A big thank you to all involved.

flag | Submitted June 1, 2016

I recently had juvederm fillers at The skin institute . I'm wrapped with the results and it was definitely worth the research because i ended up with the most natural look . I found Dr Gerarchi very easy to talk which set aside any concerns i had. Can't wait to go back and pamper myself some more and see all the lovely staff again .

flag | Submitted May 5, 2016

I couldn't be happier with the result! You will be too so don't waste time and money on othe surgeons. Just go see him and the fabulous team of ladies in the clinic!

flag | Submitted April 27, 2016

Hi. This is a long reviews but if you read it all I'm going to give you the whole story as I wish I had read the same before I went in as I wouldn't have been as nervous. I was recommended to Dr Gerarchi by a friend who works in the industry and had seen his work. She said the results she had seen were very natural which was important to me as I was only 48 and wanted subtle work for the beginning signs of aging. It may have been a bit young to go for something as dramatic as a facelift but I have spent most of my career working as a model, and as shallow as it is I wasn't enjoying my newly drooping eyelids and slightly sagging jowl area. Going into my appointment my intention was to have a short scar face lift and upper lid blepharoplasty. After discussion with Dr Gerarchi I also chose to have laser underneath my eyes for the dark circles and fine lines that were beginning to appear there. I decided to go ahead with the procedure and when booking staff offered my a deal to also include Total FX Laser to refresh my whole face in terms of skin quality, which I took. Coming up to my surgery date I started to get cold feet/scared and my husband asked me to cancel as he didn't think I needed the work. I called and spoke to Wendy and she gave me plenty of time to talk and was so reassuring that I decided to go ahead. Leading up to the day of the procedure, on the day of the procedure and after the procedure I can't say enough about how lovely all the staff were. I was so scared and worried and they were just so beautiful, caring and comforting. After the procedure I looked a nightmare for a week, my face was so swollen, I had stitches in my eyes and around my ears, my skin was so red and I thought I'd never look like myself again. I had bandages around my head, had to sleep sitting up and had drains hanging from the bandages at my ears. Conversely I had no pain. My husband was horrified and I had to keep telling him and myself this was normal as I had been warned. The second week most of the swelling had gone down and my skin was peeling off from the laser. By the second weekend my stitches were out, I was at a Sunday BBQ and no one could tell the difference. I had to wear concealer and foundation to disguise the bit of bruising that was still there and some redness on my face but it wasn't hard to cover up. From there on it was a bit of a journey, my eye seemed to be pulling in one spot, I had a bit of pull on my cheekbones if you looked from the side and as a beach lover it was killing my to wear so much sunscreen and massive hats to protect my lasered skin. Sam kept reassuring me it would get better and best results would take a year but I wasn't sure and was slightly regretting the addition of the FX Laser to my procedure. For this reason it has taken me 11 months to give my review. Don't get me wrong I have looked so much better post than prior to procedure from week 2 but wanted to get the full results. So.. one year on and they were right. I am almost 49 and people can't believe it if I tell them. I had always looked younger than my age but this has taken off 10 years. The results are subtle no one would ever pick it but my eyes are great they have a lovely, normal looking upper lid and look fresh on the lower lid, my jowls and sagging on lower face have gone but I am not wind tunnel tight, and best of all (thank you Sam) my skin quality is lovely again (although as an olive skinned person I did have a bit of pigmentation because I didn't follow the rules and stay completely out of the sun, but it's gone now). So I can't speak for everyone else who has reviewed but my experience was amazing from start to finish and when it all starts falling down again I will be back to Dr Gerarchi for the subtle but great results he gives. The 2 weeks downtime whilst highly unpleasant was a tiny price to pay for the long term results. If I had to think of one negative the only advice I would give is for Dr Gerarchi to spend more time with patients on follow up. I know his time is precious and his staff do a great job in taking over but it would take my rating from a 9.5 to a 10!

flag | Submitted September 4, 2015

After consultation with Dr Gerarchi I decided to go ahead with a facelift and rhinoplasty operation in Feb this year and am so happy with the results. I was initially very hesitant but was reassured by the caring and professional manner of both Dr. Gerarchi and all his team at Chatswood. The advise I received was comprehensive and the outcome was all I had hoped for, very natural and subtle. The care I received after the operation was superb and I would highly recommend Dr. Gerarchi to anyone. A big thank you to all involved.

flag | Submitted August 31, 2015

I had a rhino/septoplasty with Dr Gerarchi and am very happy with the results. He was very understanding and informative and has a good eye for detail. Made me feel very comfortable going into surgery and also in aftercare. Would recommend

Submitted May 24, 2015

I wish I had never seen him. He seems all pleasant, but is not truthful about the results he can get for you. I spent a fortune for my rhinoplasty, and now look worse...

Submitted May 1, 2015

I had previous facelift with another surgeon, which failed and left me with a few deformities and my features altered . I chose Dr GERARCHI for revision after an extensive search , and consulted with 4 other face surgeons and one interstate. I chose dr GERARCHI based entirely on his experience, and his polite and thorough evaluation of my face.. His whole team made me feel looked after , and I am recovering really well following facelift, fat grafts, browlift, pixie ear correction, scar revision and midface lift. I had a lot of work done, and I was in experienced hands the whole time, highly recommend.

flag | Submitted April 6, 2015

I had a facelift, neck lift, blepharoplasty and CO2 laser in July last year. I had originally decided on another surgeon but after speaking to one of the wonderful girls in his rooms I changed my mind, and I'm so glad I did. Dr Gerarchi asked me what result I wanted from the surgery and that is exactly what he delivered for me. The healing process was amazingly quick and after the first few days not uncomfortable at all. I am very happy with the result and have recommended Dr Gerarchi to many people. I found him to be very personable and caring both pre-op and post-op. His amazing staff also helped to make me feel supported and in good hands.

flag | Submitted March 26, 2015

Dr. Paul Gerarchi's Credentials

Yes, this doctor is accepting new patients

Dr. Gerarchi is an Australian trained specialist surgeon (FRACS), whose practice is dedicated to the functional, reconstructive and aesthetic surgery of the nose, face and eyes. Dr. Gerarchi’s advanced surgical training is extensive. After becoming a specialist surgeon and Fellow of the Royal Australasian College of Surgeons, Dr. Gerarchi continued his sub-specialization by undertaking several post-fellowship advanced subspecialty training posts. He continued to accumulate experience internationally with leading Head and Neck Surgeons, Facial Plastic Surgeons, and Plastic and Reconstructive Surgeons, gaining familiarity in progressive and innovative surgical techniques. Dr. Gerarchi has completed the American Board of Facial Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery Examination, currently the only international examination that focuses solely on the discipline of Facial Plastic Surgery. Dr. Gerarchi has also met the standards required of the International Board for Certification in Facial Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery (IBCFPRS) and is a diplomat of this organisation. Dr. Gerarchi’s clinical background in both Facial Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery and Head and Neck Surgery provides his patients with a unique expertise and understanding in the cosmetic and reconstructive surgery of the nose, face, and eyes. He will suggest to you choices to manage your concern that are personalized and in your best interest. Dr. Gerarchi provides his patients with exacting and professional care founded solidly within his experience and expertise. He is committed to delivering the very highest quality surgical treatments. Dr. Gerarchi is the founder of The Face institute, a specialist that which he created specifically to provide the very highest quality in face related treatments. QUALIFICATIONS : • Bachelor of Medicine & Bachelor of Surgery • Fellow of The Royal Australasian College of Surgeons (ORL-HNS) • Board Examination, The American Academy of Facial Plastic & Reconstructive Surgery • International Board for Certification in Facial Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery (IBCFPRS), Diplomat Post-fellowship (FRACS) advanced subspecialty training posts : • Australasian Academy of Facial Plastic Surgery Fellow, Sydney • Head, Neck & Skull Base Surgery Fellow Guys Hospital, London • Rhinology & Rhinoplasty Fellow Guys Hospital, London • Aesthetic Plastic Surgery Fellow, Wellington Hospital, London Craniofacial Plastic & Reconstructive Surgery Fellow, Chelsea & Westminster Hospital, London PROFESSIONAL MEMBERSHIPS: • Royal Australasian College of Surgeons • Australasian Society of Otolaryngology, Head & Neck Surgery • Australasian Academy of Facial Plastic Surgery • European Academy of Facial Plastic Surgery • International Federation of Facial Plastic Surgery Societies • Australasian Rhinology Society • Royal Society of Medicine • Australian Medical Association

• Face-lift