Ratings for Dr. Doris Vengjen

On my first few visits I found the dental hygienist made some interesting insight/comment on my medication provided by my family doctor. She inferred that I have diabetes which I then go back to confirm with my family doctor who was wondering the background of her. My comment is Dr. Vengjen is overly conservative about fixing my teeth, even a slighest chip I would be recommended to do a crown for $2-3k (which I confirmed with my latest dentist that isn't necessary). As well, my molar was fully decayed and I was sent to first spend $1.5k for "crown extension" (scrape out gums underneath to show more root of the tooth) and then another $2-3k for the gold crown which kept falling out because there isn't enough tooth structure to hold the crown. She then recommend me now I still need to pull it out and ready for another $2-3k for tooth implant. All could have been done quicker, cheaper & much less pain by doing tooth implant at the first place. I changed to another dentist about 2-3 years ago

flag | Submitted August 29, 2016

I find Dr. Vengjen to be a congenial and friendly person, she is very well versed with the most up-to-date procedures and equipment. If you are phobic about going to the dentist, Dr. Vengjen is the dentist to see. She is very careful about not allowing you to have any pain, I have had several procedures done there and have had vertually no pain. Dr. Vengjen continually asks if you are experiencing any discomfort and makes sure that you don't.

flag | Submitted November 21, 2014

They looked carefully as to what was covered under my insurance and decided to maximize it. They were very pushy for me to use up every single penny that was covered under the dental plan. In less than three months, they scheduled two different check ups, an x ray appointment, and cleaning had to be done in two visits. The lady who did my cleaning was very rude and condescending constantly insulting my teeth and telling me how I should make an appointment to get an operation for my gums. She took two different appointments to clean my teeth, where she tortured my gums. My mouth was hurting for the next 48 hours. Worst mistake I went to this place. I was out over $300 in paying for the deductible. Finally, I cancelled an appointment and they wouldn't leave me alone for months after, constantly calling me. Save yourself the trouble and don't come to this place - all they want is to maximize your insurance dollars.

flag | Submitted May 12, 2013

Knowledgeable ,with solid experience.Also A+ for the very helpful informations.

flag | Submitted February 21, 2012

Joanne the hygienist is amazing! Everyone in midtown Toronto should see her

flag | Submitted April 27, 2011