Ratings for Dr. Mohamed Salem Abu Shahma

He accepted me as a patient, so I can't complain too much. ( About ten years ago, there was a new family doctor in town and, when I went to see him because my previous general practitioner had died, I found out that I would have to fill out an application form and go through an interview process in order to be accepted! Coincidentally, on the news that week, it was suggested that one should complain to the College of Physicians and Surgeons if this happens, but I never got around to it). Dr. Abu Sharma is not exactly a chatterbox, and doesn't really do thorough physical examinations. I do not know if these things are cultural in origin, or if he is just trying to move things along, in order to fit in more patients. I have never had to wait long in order to get an appointment. Whether his staff are friendly or not is inconsequential to me. The waiting rooms and offices are on the small side.

flag | Submitted November 25, 2017

Can I give the new staff less than 1 star? There's been almost complete turn around in the last little while (which says something about the owners and managers because it hasn't been that long) Plus, you sign in at the clinic side, and then have to check in on his side too?? Redundant. Anyway, the first woman at the desk was awful. And absolutely miserable. Then the receptionist at the other side was just as bad. What is going on?? Not long ago the whole clinic used to be filled with good, hardworking staff. Not anymore!! It's getting worse and worse. He's a good doctor. Give him good support.

flag | Submitted November 14, 2017

Too bad to be true. If there is less than one star I would give it to him.

flag | Submitted September 29, 2017

Dr. Shahma is rarely in his separate office and usually in the adjoining walk in clinic where even if I had an appointment, I had to wait like everyone else for first come, first served. When taken from the waiting room, I sat in a small examine room for 15 minutes before he arrived. Twice the nurse put up someone else's chart for him and he assumed I was that person. Even though I have been there a number of times to renew prescriptions, he has no idea who I am by sight. On my last visit he did not put the authorization code for OHIP on the prescription and the pharmacy had to follow up. This is a chaotic assembly line operation. Stay away.

flag | Submitted August 19, 2017

very easy to talk to and very helpful with every medical problem I have No problem with getting a appointment

flag | Submitted June 23, 2017

He IS hard to read because he is quiet and he did get snappy with me once when I was upset about something that had nothing to do with him, but no one is perfect. I find that he moves quickly on referrals and tests and doesn't let things slide. I have and would refer him to others and he has saved my life.

flag | Submitted April 22, 2017

Staff can be friendly but not consistent. Wish I never went with this guy and currently looking for another one. Does not provide help, relies on others to diagnosis. Aka other doctors, chiropractors etc. Does not take you serious. He starts out nice so you think ok this will work but once you have an actual issue expect a run around once you are deemed complicated then he brushes you off to any one he can. I am not a difficult person, I have had people the specialist I go to ask what the heck is up with this guy and why is not helping you.

flag | Submitted April 10, 2017

He's a very bad Doctor and the secretary too......

flag | Submitted December 22, 2016

Makes no eye contact except with young girls and kids. He was nice when he thought I was a younger woman but when I came back with my daughter he was very rude. He didn't listen to me when I told him the medication he gave her burned her skin, and told me it would work if I kept putting it on her. Her skin was red and bleeding! He decided I didn't have a chronic medical condition I'm diagnosed with and told me he'd make referrals but never did. If possible, his nurse is even MORE rude than he is. It's like she thinks she'll die if she's forced to crack a smile. But honestly I was glad to read these other reviews because I honestly thought he hated me for something I had done. At least now I know it's just the way he is! Oh also this isn't a real doctors office because they take walk ins too, and sometimes he won't see you because he has walk in patients. You're better off at any other walk in clinic because at least they'll see you!

flag | Submitted August 9, 2016

I was scared to death to meet this doctor after reading these reviews but he was perfectly normal. He made eye contact and asked questions. After 3 visits I am fine with him being my family doctor

flag | Submitted June 22, 2016