Dr. Kevin Rattray

World Class Punctuality Badge
Exceptionally Helpful Badge
Highly Knowledgeable Badge

Ratings for Dr. Kevin Rattray

Did my root canal which I was not looking forward to but turned out to be pain free. Also did my 86 year old mother in laws who was terrified and used the gas on follow up didn't ask for gas...no pain free

flag | Submitted October 11, 2018

I don't know how he's getting such good ratings. Aggressively treated my tooth - ended up making it SHORTER! Chatted with assistant during procedure.

flag | Submitted October 4, 2018

Dr. Kevin Rattray

Dr. Kevin Rattray's response
Thank you for taking the time to review us, however you seem to be grossly misrepresenting what occurred. We are an extremely busy office, and yet agreed to squeeze you in the same day you called because you had lost your front crown and we wanted to help you aesthetically without delay. We quickly determined that your tooth was non-restorable long term, however we reinserted the crown and reduced any possible bite on it to ensure that it would stay in place and get you by until you could see your regular dentist to receive definitive treatment. We explained all this in detail at your appointment and you agreed that it was the best way to proceed. Afterwards, we also followed up with your regular dentist, transferred the x-ray and discussed the treatment and our treatment recommendations with him. If you are still confused, we would be happy to discuss this with you in person again. We are a very friendly office, which is a large reason why we are so popular and most, if not all of our patients enjoy the chatter during procedures as it helps make things more pleasant. This in no way negatively affects the procedures being performed.

Submitted October 9, 2018

When my spouse and I moved back to the Ottawa area 18 months ago, we were welcomed as new patients but Dr. Rattray and his team members. We are both following our individual dental health programs to improve and maintain our teeth (I am 70 years old and my spouse is 69). Yesterday (September 28, 2018) I went to what has to be one of the most seamless and satisfying dental experiences that I have ever had - having two dental implants done!!! I was so very impressed with how easy and painless this procedure was. Thank you to Dr. Rattray and his wonderful staff for taking me to the next level of my dental journey.

flag | Submitted September 26, 2018

After being with the same dentist for 25 years I was apprehensive trying someone new. I was immediately very impressed with the clinic atmosphere (very positive) and how Colleen at the desk bent over backwards to help make our experience as easy as possible. Jackie (hygienist) was informative, positive, and very professional. Dr. Rattray gave a thorough exam and was very easy to talk to. My husband hadn’t been to the dentist in years and already has his next appointment booked! We will happily be returning patients of Dr. Rattray and his amazing staff!

flag | Submitted August 9, 2018

Was with my two children, didnt observe any racism or sexism, only happy professional staff. My experience at both locations is always positive.

flag | Submitted August 8, 2018

I have known Dr. Rattray professionally for over 15 years. His clinically skills are top notch, and his ability to relate with his patient base is second to none.

flag | Submitted August 8, 2018

All occasions of my experience have been more than satisfied and happy with results. Very cheerful and professional atmosphere. Takes the time to ensure everything is just right. Thank you. Claire P.

flag | Submitted June 18, 2018

I have never been in a dentist's office where the staff is so happy. There is a lot of laughter and that makes me feel comfortable. All the staff I met were wondeful and knowledgeable and answered all my questions. Dr. Rattray was amazing giving me options and discussing the procedures. He too answered all my questions and concerns. I am so happy to have found a dentist who really cares abourt his patient and listens. In my last visit I was moved to tearing up because he addressed a situation that had not been addressed before by other dentists and caused me to feel bad about my teeth. He provided an option that was affordabe and I hugged him and Sarah I was so happy. The irst thing I did when I got in the car was to pull down the mirror and smile in the mirror and did in every mirror in the house. I'm now smiling a lot more for I know my teeth look great. I'm so glad he is now my dentist. Thank you. Angela

flag | Submitted June 15, 2018

I have been to both locations of Dr. Rattray's (Barrhaven on Greenbank Road, and Merivale Road in Nepean) and I am equally pleased with each one. Dr. Rattray and Dr. Pfahl have exceptional staff members who have been there for many years! Although some of them are off having babies lately! !! Both doctors are very patient, and kind, easy to talk to, they explain what is needed and why. I wouldn't go anywhere else! Highly recommended!

flag | Submitted May 18, 2018

I was nervous about needing a root canal, as I hadn’t had one before. Dr. Rattray and his staff made me so at ease, I didn’t even remember what I was there for after awhile. Thank you Dr. Rattray and Sarah for helping me over come my fear, and fixing my teeth at the same time!

flag | Submitted May 18, 2018

Dr. Kevin Rattray's Credentials

Yes, this doctor is accepting new patients

Dr. Rattray grew up in Barrhaven and attended Confederation High School and the University of Ottawa where he obtained a BSc in Biochemistry. He then went on to the University of Western Ontario for a masters and a Doctor of Dental Surgery. After practicing in Pembroke, Ontario for 2 years, he practiced in Ottawa for 2 and half more years before purchasing the dental practice of Dr. David McAulay on Merivale Road in 2008. With virtually no marketing, Dr. Rattray and his team have increased the already-busy patient base by over 30% by reputation and satisfied patient referrals alone. In January of 2013, we took over the Barrhaven office of Dr. Peter Brett. Dr. Rattray is passionate about dentistry and is regularly enhancing his training through continuing education. As a team dentist for the Ottawa 67’s, Dr. Rattray is dedicated to the field of Sports Dentistry and a big hockey and baseball fan. He provides free mouthguards for many local youth sports teams. He is kept busy at home in Kanata with his wife Shannon and his four kids, Owen, Lauren and twin girls Brooklyn and Juliana.

• English

• University of Western Ontario (Grad. 2003)
  • Université d'Ottawa University of Ottawa (Grad. 1997)

MSP/BC Med