Dr. Kevin Rattray

World Class Punctuality Badge
Exceptionally Helpful Badge
Highly Knowledgeable Badge

Ratings for Dr. Kevin Rattray

Really enjoyed my experience! 5 fillings in just over an hour. Super easy going and treats his customers and staff amazingly.

flag | Submitted December 10, 2018

This was my first visit at Dr. Rattray, Amber and Kimberly were a delight from start to finish, very meticulous in their work and knowledgable to answering all my curiosity questions. Excellent team work and a fantastic working environment. My gums couldn't be happier. Looking forward to my next visit.

flag | Submitted November 17, 2018

Fabulous dentist (Dr. Rattray), staff and office. Always very helpful. Dr. Rattray always puts me at ease. Conservative approach - does not recommend treatments unless they are needed, which is great.

flag | Submitted November 12, 2018

Did my root canal which I was not looking forward to but turned out to be pain free. Also did my 86 year old mother in laws who was terrified and used the gas on follow up didn't ask for gas...no pain free

flag | Submitted October 11, 2018

I don't know how he's getting such good ratings. Aggressively treated my tooth - ended up making it SHORTER! Chatted with assistant during procedure.

flag | Submitted October 4, 2018

Dr. Kevin Rattray

Dr. Kevin Rattray's response
Thank you for taking the time to review us, however you seem to be grossly misrepresenting what occurred. We are an extremely busy office, and yet agreed to squeeze you in the same day you called because you had lost your front crown and we wanted to help you aesthetically without delay. We quickly determined that your tooth was non-restorable long term, however we reinserted the crown and reduced any possible bite on it to ensure that it would stay in place and get you by until you could see your regular dentist to receive definitive treatment. We explained all this in detail at your appointment and you agreed that it was the best way to proceed. Afterwards, we also followed up with your regular dentist, transferred the x-ray and discussed the treatment and our treatment recommendations with him. If you are still confused, we would be happy to discuss this with you in person again. We are a very friendly office, which is a large reason why we are so popular and most, if not all of our patients enjoy the chatter during procedures as it helps make things more pleasant. This in no way negatively affects the procedures being performed.

Submitted October 9, 2018

When my spouse and I moved back to the Ottawa area 18 months ago, we were welcomed as new patients but Dr. Rattray and his team members. We are both following our individual dental health programs to improve and maintain our teeth (I am 70 years old and my spouse is 69). Yesterday (September 28, 2018) I went to what has to be one of the most seamless and satisfying dental experiences that I have ever had - having two dental implants done!!! I was so very impressed with how easy and painless this procedure was. Thank you to Dr. Rattray and his wonderful staff for taking me to the next level of my dental journey.

flag | Submitted September 26, 2018

After being with the same dentist for 25 years I was apprehensive trying someone new. I was immediately very impressed with the clinic atmosphere (very positive) and how Colleen at the desk bent over backwards to help make our experience as easy as possible. Jackie (hygienist) was informative, positive, and very professional. Dr. Rattray gave a thorough exam and was very easy to talk to. My husband hadn’t been to the dentist in years and already has his next appointment booked! We will happily be returning patients of Dr. Rattray and his amazing staff!

flag | Submitted August 9, 2018

Was with my two children, didnt observe any racism or sexism, only happy professional staff. My experience at both locations is always positive.

flag | Submitted August 8, 2018

I have known Dr. Rattray professionally for over 15 years. His clinically skills are top notch, and his ability to relate with his patient base is second to none.

flag | Submitted August 8, 2018

All occasions of my experience have been more than satisfied and happy with results. Very cheerful and professional atmosphere. Takes the time to ensure everything is just right. Thank you. Claire P.

flag | Submitted June 18, 2018

Dr. Kevin Rattray's Credentials

Yes, this doctor is accepting new patients

Dr. Rattray grew up in Barrhaven and attended Confederation High School and the University of Ottawa where he obtained a BSc in Biochemistry. He then went on to the University of Western Ontario for a masters and a Doctor of Dental Surgery. After practicing in Pembroke, Ontario for 2 years, he practiced in Ottawa for 2 and half more years before purchasing the dental practice of Dr. David McAulay on Merivale Road in 2008. With virtually no marketing, Dr. Rattray and his team have increased the already-busy patient base by over 30% by reputation and satisfied patient referrals alone. In January of 2013, we took over the Barrhaven office of Dr. Peter Brett. Dr. Rattray is passionate about dentistry and is regularly enhancing his training through continuing education. As a team dentist for the Ottawa 67’s, Dr. Rattray is dedicated to the field of Sports Dentistry and a big hockey and baseball fan. He provides free mouthguards for many local youth sports teams. He is kept busy at home in Kanata with his wife Shannon and his four kids, Owen, Lauren and twin girls Brooklyn and Juliana.

• English

• University of Western Ontario (Grad. 2003)
  • Université d'Ottawa University of Ottawa (Grad. 1997)