Ratings for Dr. Navin Prasad

It seems to me that I had the same experiences as some of the latest unflattering reviews. I saw Dr. Prasad 2 years ago for a Grade 2 torn MCL injury. He was completely unhelpful and he literally told me to "go get a walking cane". I am 50 years old and my livelihood depends on my running and walking at work!!! I saw him on 4 occasions and each time he made me feel like I would never get better. I went to see another doctor who immediately sent me for an MRI and then proceeded to help me. Today, I am back at work and running & walking - no thanks to Dr. Prasad. ....And I don't walk with a cane and don't expect to any time soon!!! Horribly uncaring doctor who I could not recommend to anyone.

flag | Submitted June 30, 2018

I cannot recommend Dr. Prasad. I had a full ACL tear which he felt was only partial tear and he didn't bother to expedite an MRI for me to confirm his diagnosis. I had to put myself on an MRI list. When I explained and complained about my knee he told me to stop self diagnosing myself and leave it to the professionals. I suspected he thought I was too old to consider ACL surgery as he pushed only for a knee brace which as a active person I didn't agree. After 6 months of very little improvement he finally admitted verbally that he felt I was too old for surgery and gave me a prescription for a brace. I never returned.

flag | Submitted June 23, 2018

He is, in short, unprofessional, curt, and could not care less about his patients. When he was performing an examination on me, without warning me, he flipped me on my back and man handled me, very roughly. This man has zero bed side manners. When a patient is lying on an examination bed, you need to give them a heads up about any abrupt gestures. He clearly could not be bothered to provide me with a safe space, and left me feeling sore and humiliated. He refused to order tests that I required, gave me exercises that made my hip worse and caused a disastrous tear in my hip. To this day, I live with this pain, for which there is no cure. If this man practiced in the U.S., he would surely be bankrupt by now from all the malpractice lawsuits he would be faced with. He is downright dangerous to the patient. If there is one thing to take away from my comment, for the love of my fellow human beings, please PLEASE do not see this dishonourable doctor. He will ruin your life like he did mine, and if I could, I would take him to court for what he put me through. Please, see anyone else.

flag | Submitted April 25, 2018

My experience with Dr. Prasad has been fine. He is pleasant, does good examinations, and has gotten me on the road to recovery without surgery.

flag | Submitted July 16, 2017

I have just finished reading the reviews on Dr. Prasad. Shocking to read the trash written on him. Yes people are entitled to their opinion on services, but to say Dr. Prasad is basically incapable of diagnosing and treating injuries is way out of line. There is no question that all of us including doctors can make errors in outcomes, but surely all of you reading the above can see that if this man was so incompetent he would not be practising. I think there is more trouble re the writers than Dr. Prasad. Here is some advice for those of you who have written such ugly reports on Dr. Prasad, look at yourself and question what you really expected when you seen him. AND finally look at yourself, what is your problem. Dr. Prasad is more than what any of you wrote so negatively about him. He is competent, he is honest, he is kind and most of all he is human and he too has feelings. How would you like to read such awful things about yourself? Are they really justified or are you just angry because you expected more? Sometimes it takes time to find the answer and sometimes there is no solution. Dr. Prasad has helped heal many people,so for those of you looking for better than him, try and get in touch with some of the other negative writers for their solution to their problem they had with Dr. Prasad. Wish all of you luck. Written by a long time patient of Dr. Prasad who has the ability to know competence verses incompetence.

flag | Submitted July 15, 2017

Knowledge and help aside, obviously it varys but in this case it is very little or nothing. In addition, cannot relate to a patient at all, Wish I never saw him at all, even though I came in with the lowest expectations. Probably a decent chance of frustrating you with harmful or out of touch remarks, nevermind helping or diagnosing anything at all. Expect lower than your lowest expectations. And give very little hope in his understanding of anything as they are slim. Try not to expect anything.

flag | Submitted July 2, 2017

I saw Dr. Prasad 4 times for my Accessory Navicular Syndrome that is suffering and causes continuous pain in my both ankles. I can not even do my daily activities, and my MRI shows my syndrome clearly. First of all, he is not punctual. My waiting times in medical practice room were to long (45 - 70 minutes). By the way, he has no common sense with patient, for example; I ask him "do you know how much my ankles are painful?", he answered me "No, because the pain is relevant to your personal feeling". Actually, my pain is real and it does not allow me to walk more than 30 minute, and I always go to bed with awful pain. How a doctor can say "Pain is a personal feeling". He told me that I should have a strong spirit. He told me some physiological advice. It's funny, I went to his office for my ankle problem, and he play the role of physiologist. He was not helpful at all, and he suggested to take painkiller for my pain. By the way, he is very short temper and somehow impolite in some situation. I stopped visiting him and I do not recommend him to any patient.

flag | Submitted June 30, 2017

I saw him for an injury. First he said it's due to my protrusion. He suggestion was that u need to take IMS needling. I got worse with needling and foot numbness got worse. Went back to him with a note from my physiotherapist saying that is possible please examin these areas. He started almost yelling at me. As soon as he found out I was taking some SSRIs, he blamed it on my stress!!! That's discrimination! Then he said my physiotherapist is panicking ! Then he said all professionals are trying to put things in my head. Then he said instead of finding what the problem is , why they don't give you some pills and keep you going !!!!! At some point I felt ge lost it ! I think since he didn't understand how to help me, instead of saying I am not sure , or let's do more testing he started making me feel beneath him ! His accusatory tone was horrible. His is not knowledgeable at all. He likes to numb you with pills and get you going. I stopped seeing this monster who thought he could make a me feel beneath him !!!

flag | Submitted March 6, 2017

I saw Dr. Prasad for an ongoing foot injury to have it assessed and to determine next steps. I found both his resident doctor and Dr. Prasad himself both very kind and knowledgeable. Dr. Prasad gave me concrete steps to move forward with, in addition to an MRI to make sure nothing more serious is occurring. Based on my experience, I feel in very good good hands with Dr. Prasad and his team.

flag | Submitted December 6, 2016

One should not entertain seeing this doctor. He is very condescending and dismissive. His assistants are rude and only care about their $40.0 no-show in case one misses one's appointment

flag | Submitted July 6, 2016