Ratings for Dr. Phillip Demulaenere

my experience with this doctor was pretty bad .He operated on my left foot for the 2nd time which turned out worse than it was He didn't have time to explain what he did ,but whatever he did was worse than before !I now have problems walking on it as he did was to shaved my bone on the bottom of my foot

flag | Submitted May 6, 2017

I had back surgery from L3 to S 1 ,he did a good job ,but never came to see me once while in hospital to explain what he did.I was at least 12 feet from him when he saw me in the hall ,he yelled you can go home it is your day 3.I said I live alone plus need home care,which he said no,I don't.I couldn't ,sit for 6 weeks,bend etc to 8 weeks.He order home care for domestic only.He won't answer my questions .The nurse that day was awful also re the home care.She said didn't you prepare meals ahead of time!! Worse experience I have ever had in a hospital.I went to pre op teaching for physio and nursing 2 weeks prior to the surgery.It was great but the staff haven't been taught it!!! The teaching nurse told me to stay on my oxycodone of 15 mg as was going to off it completely,that was so stupid as he took me off it cold turkey,so just a warning if he says be off it make sure you do what he said.

flag | Submitted October 5, 2015

WARNING: THIS DOCTOR DID MEDICAL MALPRACTICE ON ME OCTOBER 29TH/2012/X-RAYS OF LEFT SHOULDER, HE SAID"X-RAYS ARE NORMAL AND AN FROZEN LEFT SHOULDER AND GO BACK TO WORK ASAP! SUFFERING FOR 4 MONTHS LATER, I HAD LEFT ROTOR CUFF SHOULDER SURGERY TO FIX A MASSIVE TEAR OF ALL SUPRASPINATUS FIBERS AND TERES MINOR MUSCLES! OUT COME OF SURGERY: NOT REPAIRABLE ! YOUR MISTAKES HAS MADE ME PERMANENTLY DISABLED IN MY LEFT ARM ! PAPER DOCUMENTS FOR PROOF ! Go back to College to learn how to read X-RAYS !

flag | Submitted September 5, 2014

A man of few words..but who cares! I didn't come to chat! Amazing work done by this doc. I had some major stuff done on one foot - tendon transplant, all my toes broken and bunion removed. Great follow-up and after 3 months, aside from the expected minor swelling and some stiffness in my big toe, I have absolutely no pain or discomfort when I walk. You just have to ask and he will give you all the info you need! I've already started the process of having him repair my other foot. I would HIGHLY recommend this very knowledgable and professional doctor to anyone! Thanks, Dr. DeMulaenere!

flag | Submitted November 4, 2011

Worst bedside manner I have ever witnessed. No help what so ever. This man doesn't say one darn extra word if his life depended on it. After my surgery and once I recuperated enough to this man didn't even suggest further help, such as PT etc. After my cast was removed he was just about to send me home and if I didn't ask if he thought Phisio was a good idea, he would have said nothing and after months of phisio the therapist thinks that further work has to be done but yet this doctor says nothing, not weather more visits are required or anything else. Only after I told him that I'm still in pain and that's why the PT arranged for this last meeting, plus the work that I do requires my full balance, did he finally recommend orthotics. For goodness sakes, your the doctor, ask me questions, get a feel for I'm going through, recommend options, say something. I am seeking a second opinion, you need to revisit why you became a doctor to begin with.

flag | Submitted June 30, 2011

The very best ortho doctor that you will probably in Canada. I had a total lumbar disc replacement at l/4, and it has changed my life. In the past 5 years I had seen at least 4 so call specialists, and all said that they could not help me.Dr DeMulaenere spent 5 mins with me and had all the the answers. This man changed my life and would recommend him to everyone!!!

flag | Submitted April 18, 2011