Ratings for Dr. Peter W. Naylor

Worst experience Ive ever had with a Dr.AND his staff. The young male receptionist was the rudest person Ive ever been around in the health field. After being referred to Dr Naylor by my primary, he would not write me a script until he got permission from my primary because of a previous diagnoses of htn. My primary wrote a letter, which I drove back and forth between the offices to deliver, and said the previous diagnoses was cleared as of 3 years prior. Dr Naylor said that letter from my primary did not say he could write me a script. My primary said Dr Naylor was his own Dr and he couldn't give him permission to write a script either. I found a replacement after a few days of this back and forth mess. I also paid my $25 co-pay and after all this mess, got a bill for the balance of $25. Never a resolve, and -$50 in the bank . NEVER AGAIN.

flag | Submitted January 16, 2016

Dr. Naylor is def a doctor that has to grow on you. At first I thought he just wanted to make money and push meds on you.honestly its thr opposite he likes to push therapy and not meds. If you aren't completely 100% honest with your doctor they won't know how to help you accurately. Once I became completely open things got better. He has not forced meds on me, if anything, he wants to be positive you only get what you need esp if you have an addictive personality. He is very short, a man of few words, at times he can seem uncaring and rushing. But, he isn't a psychologist, he is a psychiatrist. I do wish he was less expensive and more helpful ear wise. In general his practice prices are right in the middle. You get what you pay for. Unfortunately most people with psychological issues don't have very much money and doctors are expensive. But that isn't his fault, it's the way of the world. He had helped me be stable for once in my life, I'd say that's a lot more important than money.

flag | Submitted September 24, 2013

Paid more than $300 for this guy to give me a prescription for a low-end anti-depressant. He charges for services that he does not perform and the office staff claims privacy concerns and refuses to tell you what they're charging for. I looked up the codes on the billing paperwork and found that they were charging for a history evaluation that was never performed. This guy is a pill pusher and the office conducts their business unethically. Do not bother seeing this doctor unless your just aching to throw money away.

flag | Submitted April 3, 2013

As a clinical psychologist, I believe I'm a good judge of other clinicians. Dr. Naylor is professional, extremely competent and caring. His knowledge of psychopharmacology is quite impressive and his listening skills are excellent. He asks pertinent questions, provides options and involves the patient in their care. He has been quite helpful to me with my depression and anxiety.

flag | Submitted January 12, 2012

staff..for the most part is very nice..they are over worked and tired but they care..which is rare..punctuality..the best they can..there are so few dr.s and lots of us patients in need of psyc help..they do their best..at least they try to get us all in..helpfulness..dr. naylor is quite..but when i had a suicide scare he was there for me..he genuinely cared..i saw concern in his eyes...he listened intently..and got the help i needed from a trained therapy councelor..if i cant pay he will let me write a check and he will hold it till i get the money in my bank..he has done this for me a lot..he is not just about money people..if you dont ask he cant help..most of us just assume..knowledge..i feel he is good..he tries hard and while not accusitory he will scold me if i dont take my meds..if i tell him it isnt working we discuss it..he will either adjust my meds or change them..or my habits..dr. naylor is great..give him a chance...and talk to him..dont assume & listen to him..

flag | Submitted October 4, 2010

I who appauled by the appearance of the office. Carpet was very dirty, files were sitting everywhere. They lost my files in all the confusion. Dr. Naylor not very talkative and doesn't seem to want to hear want you have to say either.

flag | Submitted June 28, 2010

The staff lost my paperwork and wanted me to fill out all those lengthy forms again--I refused to do so and was horrified that my Personal Identifying Information might fall in the hands of the wrong person. They finally located it in the wrong doctor's files. As for Dr. Naylor, he has no bedside manner, is very arrogant, and does not listen to the patient. He does not seem to care about his patients at all. It is all about the money; which, by the way, he is always running at least 45 minutes late. I was his first patient one morning and he was still late. He is quick to medicate just to get you out of his office and move on to the next patient, even when you tell him you've taken the same treatment with no results in the past.

flag | Submitted June 16, 2008

No bedside manner to speak of....not cruel, but not sympathetic either. Quick to medicate, but will EVENTUALLY listen to patient.

flag | Submitted March 14, 2008

The doctor did not seem to have much of any bedside Manner to speak of. He seemed to make too hasty of a decision without finding out very much information. There was much more going on that he did not find out about even though the patient was in an agitated state. His pushy attitude made her feel that he was being confrontational. She felt as though she was being pushed which made her even further agitated and irrational. He then committed her to the hospital. This all could have been avoided if he had presented himself with any kind of patience and had not seemed as though this patient was an imposition on him.

flag | Submitted January 28, 2008

Nice guy but very impersonal! You are in and out in 15 minutes flat! The waiting time is three times longer. I swear this facilty books two appointments for the same time; always running one hour behind! These Docs more interest in making $$ than the patient.

flag | Submitted February 27, 2007

Dr. Peter W. Naylor's Credentials

• University Of Puerto Rico School Of Medicine (Grad. 1991)

Molina