Ratings for Dr. Guillermo M. Fuentes

I waited two weeks to get an appointment with the doctor only to see the physicians asst. I was fasting for blood work and a simple check up to get a referral to a cardiologist since I had recently had a heart attack. The doctor wasn't even in that day and the PA changed two of my heart meds. The guy who drew my blood did not seem to know what he was doing. After fighting tooth and nail to get the two new prescriptions the PA called me back and said Dr said not to change to the meds she prescribed. After a week I still have not received lab results or referral to cardiologist. This place is absolutely incompetent and filthy. I question whether the PA credentials are valid and cannot wrap my brain around why I didn't see the doctor as was scheduled.

flag | Submitted August 28, 2016

These people are horrible, they never give the prescriptions when they say they are going to do it. Another thing any other doctor's office call you with your blood results, but no here, they just want you to come in to give you an answer, I will think if there is something wrong they should say we need to talk to you, but no they just want you to come in so they can charge your insurance again to tell you everything is ok, that is all they do, they can do the same thing over the phone, I am so tired of all these people. Horrible service!

flag | Submitted May 20, 2016

My husband had to do some immigration exams so this clinic was on the list to do those. We went there and did the exams for him after waiting for more than an hour. The worst part is not that one, we paid for the exams around $500 right there. After a few weeks we got a bill from the Lab charging more than $200 for those exams. I called them and ask why there were charging more, they said not to worry that they will fix it but they did not. After a month we received another bill from the Lab charging the same amount. My husband drove all the way there to show them the bill and tell them that we had already paid for that, he left a copy of the bill with them to make sure they will going to take care of it. They did not do anything. Today, more than two months later we received a Collections bill on the mail charging the same amount of money. The people who work there are unprofessional and they do not care if they damage my husband's credit. I called the Lab and they told me they talked to someone in that office who said to send the bill to them. This has turned into a nightmare for us of course because we have to make sure they pay what we already paid them. Don't go to this clinic. There are a lot other clinics if you need immigration related exams. Unprofessional people, they even hang up on my when I called to tell them what was happening and I was very upset about it.

flag | Submitted July 7, 2015

I had an appointment today at 10:15. I arrived on time. It was 11:30 and after asking the front office politely at 10:45 and 11:00 for when I would go in, they still didn't call me. It's the middle of the day you know, we have to be at work, kids, etc. I then stepped out to take a phone call for 1 minute, came back in and the lady said they had skipped me. I then kindly asked for my paperwork back and told them I would take my money elsewhere. That was a $400+ visit!!! Are you kidding me? How rude and disrespectful of people's time! The place was also hot and smelled pretty bad. Places like this need to get the message that it's NOT ok to treat people so rudely. Will never ever go there again, and would NEVER recommend anyone to even make an appointment.

flag | Submitted September 24, 2012

I absolutely love Dr. Fuentes. However, his office staff is the pits (not the nurses). It takes 3-7 days (or more) to get my prescription renewals faxed in, and by that time I'm out of medicine. If a fax to the pharmacy fails, they don't let me know and I don't get my RX til I keep calling and calling them. Sometimes they just 'lose' my information. I love this doctor and presently drive 45 mi. to see him, but that will have to end because of the difficulty in getting his office staff to cooperate in helping me get my refills/renewals.

flag | Submitted November 18, 2011

Dr. Fuentes is kind, has a great bedside manner, and he seems genuinely interested in his patient's needs and concerns. He seems very knowledgeable. I would love to continue being his patient, but the front office staff is rude to the point I do not wish to return. The billing (which is offsite) is outsourced and inept. I was sent a bill in March for a balance which was presented to Aetna in June of the prior year. I will truly miss Dr. Fuentes. I think if he had a nicer office staff, and reliable billing personnel his practice would grow beyond belief.

flag | Submitted August 2, 2006

Dr. Guillermo M. Fuentes's Credentials

• Spanish

• Texas Tech University Health Science Center School Of Medicine (Grad. 1996)

Top Hospitals in Carrollton, TX